F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think Williams was not affected by variations pre and post patch. Btw no problem I will have a look at the multipliers of the cars which did change after the patch and will let you know!
Pretty certain most of the upgrade values are changed for Ferrari, I remember specifically that their drag and engine were nerfed so heavily that the upgrades are now buff significantly as well to compensate the loss.

I think Williams was not affected by variations pre and post patch. Btw no problem I will have a look at the multipliers of the cars which did change after the patch and will let you know!
One thing to take note is, the player engines are different from the real teams (both base performance and upgrade progress), so we can't just copy the values from one to another or else the scaling will be all mess up.

Last edited:
About Ferrari upgrades I think that if I just took the Ferrari pre patch then the upgrades should be balanced already accordingly

By player engine do you mean the myteam car? Or just regular car?
One thing to take note is, the player engines are different from the real teams (both base performance and upgrade progress), so we can't just copy the values from one to another or else the scaling will be all mess up.

About Ferrari upgrades I think that if I just took the Ferrari pre patch then the upgrades should be balanced already accordingly

By player engine do you mean the myteam car? Or just regular car?
MyTeam, in the game there're actually 8 different engines if you exclude the online car (but I didn't check that one):

MyTeam Honda
MyTeam Mercedes
MyTeam Ferrari
MyTeam Renault

These 4 engines have completely identical R&D tree, base & max stats, the only thing differentiates them is the manufacturer upgrades. Different manufacturer upgrades had different progression ratio but they all ended up giving the same exact performance boost when maxed out.

Real Team Honda
Real Team Mercedes
Real Team Ferrari
Real Team Renault

These four engine have different R&D tree and unique base stats even without the manufacturer upgrades. The upgrades are unique to each engine and the progression ratio are different. But same story as the MyTeam engine, when they're maxed out the performance are identical, also exactly the same performance wise as the MyTeam's maxed out engine.

Last edited:
So what happen is, let say if you copy the Real Honda engine stats to replace the Real Mercedes engine but without changing the values in the upgrade section (which I don't think affect the AI), the now replaced Merc engine will ends up becoming too weak when it's max out because the Honda engine is suppose to get a lot more boost from its upgrades but now it's only getting the Merc upgrades which give much less performance gain.

So what happen is, let say if you copy the Real Honda engine stats to replace the Real Mercedes engine but without changing the values in the upgrade section (which I don't think affect the AI), the now replaced Merc engine will ends up becoming too weak when it's max out because the Honda engine is suppose to get a lot more boost from its upgrades but now it's only getting the Merc upgrades which give much less performance gain.
Thanks, this is very interesting. Then I will adjust it according to this, because I only replaced the Honda engine for Rb and Tauri with the base values of the Mercedes engine and the risk is that it will get too powerful after the upgrades if they keep the upgrade values that belong to Honda. I will also check the upgrades values for the other manufacturers to double check their balance, in example for McLaren, that currently still has the upgrades of Renault engine although I gave them the Mercedes base values. Also an important value I changed is the fuel max or quali mode that for Mercedes is 1.08 and for the other power units is 1.07.

But as per the files, Honda, Renault and Ferrari share the same base stats with only Mercedes being on a more powerful tier. Before the performance patch Ferrari and Mercedes shared the same top tier status and same values but then Ferrari got nerfed.

One thing I did change since version 1.7 is the fuel burning efficiency performance that for Mercedes is better than the other manufacturers, therefore I gave Honda the values of Mercedes. But the other values that do not refer to power are the original manufacturers ones.

Thank you for all the info, it is very interesting and gave me the input to study the files more and adjust them fot future updates

Last edited:
Thanks, this is very interesting. Then I will adjust it according to this, because I only replaced the Honda engine for Rb and Tauri with the base values of the Mercedes engine and the risk is that it will get too powerful after the upgrades if they keep the upgrade values that belong to Honda. I will also check the upgrades values for the other manufacturers to double check their balance, in example for McLaren, that currently still has the upgrades of Renault engine although I gave them the Mercedes base values. Also an important value I changed is the fuel max or quali mode that for Mercedes is 1.08 and for the other power units is 1.07.

But as per the files, Honda, Renault and Ferrari share the same base stats with only Mercedes being on a more powerful tier. Before the performance patch Ferrari and Mercedes shared the same top tier status and same values but then Ferrari got nerfed.

One thing I did change since version 1.7 is the fuel burning efficiency performance that for Mercedes is better than the other manufacturers, therefore I gave Honda the values of Mercedes. But the other values that do not refer to power are the original manufacturers ones.

Thank you for all the info, it is very interesting and gave me the input to study the files more and adjust them fot future updates
In some way you could actually purposely mix things up to create more diversity in engine performance since the game does get a little stale later in the careers. Though I don't know if some values would need some tweaking so the balance issue won't be too ridiculous.

If I remember correctly, for some reason AlphaTauri has slightly different engine performance compare with RBR, not exactly sure if it's still the case, I'll go check tonight.

Se você usa mods modulares é suficiente usar apenas os arquivos contidos em "arquivos erp mods modulares", colocando-os na pasta Active. Se você usar também o copypaste, eles sobrescreverão seus mods de skin. Também não existe uma forma gráfica de saber se o mod está funcionando, então você deve experimentá-lo na corrida, verifique se o Racing Point tem resultados baixos!
Funcionou com meu companheiro. Muito obrigado e parabéns pelo MOD !!

I just checked the AT engine values, and oh my what a surprise I've found.

The engine lines between RBR and AT are completely different despite them suppose to run the same engine, that includes all the upgrade values as well. Do you know why this is the case? Because the dev messed it up! AlphaTauri is actually running the Renault engine lines instead of Honda LMAO :roflmao:

Last edited:
I just checked the AT engine values, and oh my what a surprise I've found.

The engine lines between RBR and AT are completely different despite them suppose to run the same engine, that includes all the upgrade values as well. Do you know why this is the case? Because the dev messed it up! AlphaTauri is actually running the Renault engine lines instead of Honda LMAO :roflmao:
Can you screenshot which values are different? Talking about base values, at least on the first page which is the power spline, Ferrari, Renault and Honda share the same values
Ferrari
Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-20-23-105_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Red bull

Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-20-54-184_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Toro.rosso

Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-21-05-404_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Renault engine

Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-21-19-780_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Mercedes
Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-20-37-870_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Starting from the 2nd line and the entire section of <RevsPowerSpline>, ToroRosso(AlphaTauri) uses the exact same values as Lotus(Renault) while RedBull has their own.
Thank you, now I see it! I think I didn't notice as the difference is minimal compared to the values difference with Mercedes engine instead. Also Ferrari and Honda have the same values so I think the theory of a shared tier between Honda, Ferrari engine and Renault less performant than Mercedes still stands

Thank you, now I see it! I think I didn't notice as the difference is minimal compared to the values difference with Mercedes engine instead. Also Ferrari and Honda have the same values so I think the theory of a shared tier between Honda, Ferrari engine and Renault less performant than Mercedes still stands
I believe the base value of the Merc engine is also the same as the 4 MyTeam engines' base values without counting the manufacturer upgrades.

Not sure why CM couldn't make it so that player could use the same engine as the real teams. Atm MyTeam cars are always more powerful than other teams that's suppose to use the same engine as yours from the start of the season, except if you use the Merc I believe. It really felt like cheating to have a more powerful engine than the factory team.

Last edited:
I believe the base value of the Merc engine is also the same as the 4 MyTeam engines' base values without counting the manufacturer upgrades.

Not sure why CM couldn't make it so that player could use the same engine as the real teams. Atm MyTeam cars are always more powerful than other teams that's suppose to use the same engine as yours from the start of the season, except if you use the Merc I believe. It really felt like cheating to have a more powerful engine than the factory team.

You have a point, it's not very good that the base values for the MyTeam engine manufacturers are all high tier and share the same values as Mercedes. They should be reflecting their different prices, before getting into modding and stuff I always thought there would be 4 different engine tiers based on the manufacturers. It doesn't make sense that the Ferrari engine in myteam is more powerful than the power unit equipped in Ferrari itself, Alfa Romeo and Haas!

Also, I checked the upgrades values and changed the upgrades to Red Bull, McLaren and AlphaTauri to reflect their new engine, so that career modes can be more balanced. When next update will come out I will implement this feature!

I guess i installed the mod right way but im not sure if it is working. In the career mode start when i am at the team select the power ratios still the same. How can i be sure if the mod is working or not?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1031992

I guess i installed the mod right way but im not sure if it is working. In the career mode start when i am at the team select the power ratios still the same. How can i be sure if the mod is working or not?
Disclaimer: the mod does not change UI and graphics or performance charts in-game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back