F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, can I also use the Performance mod in MyTeam Career? I wanted to manually apply the values to the teams for the second season. Is that possible ? Or will the game crash? Thanks for the answer.

Especially wanted to adapt Haas and Williams. And Renault / Alpine. (Performance)

Hi, can I also use the Performance mod in MyTeam Career? I wanted to manually apply the values to the teams for the second season. Is that possible ? Or will the game crash? Thanks for the answer.

Especially wanted to adapt Haas and Williams. And Renault / Alpine. (Performance)
Yes, you can apply them manually although if you are in the second season the values will be affected by the multipliers of the upgrades each team made. Multipliers are something I did not change in the files so in example so a Renault will improve as a Renault is supposed to, and so a Williams, but if you use my performance mod the values they started with will be different so it's very likely that Haas will still be a bad car and Williams better than the original game. Also beware that the performance charts graphics will not change so you can witness different results on the field

Can't I take the values from the updates (multipliers) from the relevant team? For example Mclaren: If I give those multiplier upgrades for the engines the values of a Mercedes Powerd car. Would it then upgrade like a Mercedes engine? Of course, Mclaren would have as a base engine the values of a Mercedes engine instead of a Renault.
Have the multipliers changed? (pre patch to current patch)
Because that's basically how you create the performance. I think. (So Haas give the Williams Areo and so on.)

Sounds complicated already. : D

Can't I take the values from the updates (multipliers) from the relevant team? For example Mclaren: If I give those multiplier upgrades for the engines the values of a Mercedes Powerd car. Would it then upgrade like a Mercedes engine? Of course, Mclaren would have as a base engine the values of a Mercedes engine instead of a Renault.
Because that's basically how you create the performance. I think. (So Haas give the Williams Areo and so on.)

I think I've tried something similar, the result is it does affect your upgrade's scale of effect, but not the AI for some reason. Only the values of the base performance affect them.

Last edited:

If you are talking about the base values this is exactly how I created the mod, McLaren already has Mercedes engine, Ferrari has lot of the pre patch parameters and so on because I copypasted the lines

If you browse the vtf file, at the end there are sectors named as "upgrade" and "multiplier values" so in the section F1aero (not the first one you find, the one more at the bottom of the text file) you will see lines called "small upgrade", "medium upgrade" and a Number which is a multiplier that regulates how much that car value will improve after any career or myteam upgrade.

If in example you have one of the front aero values at 2, with a multiplier of 1.2 after a small upgrade the aero will become 2.4 and that's how the improvements in career work.

Multipliers are something I did not change as I worked only on the base performance values. You can work on the multipliers if you wish a car to have the same improvements capacity as a lead team or decrease them. This is something I didn't do as I focused on the base performance, because anyway in career mode things are subject to change. Of course now it's difficult that Haas will get on top easily as they begin with lower values but even in the regular game sometimes McLaren came to be the 3rd worst team after 2 seasons so I thought it was pointless to try to control how cars improve, and this may leave room to career enjoyment instead of having a fixed script that will regulate which team will improve more than the other. But it is indeed something you can do by copypasting the multipliers

Edit: now I read the post by Drt-Apophis that says multipliers affect only the players' car and not the AI, interesting, I cannot confirm as I never tested this

Last edited:
I will test it. Of course I will make a backup beforehand.
The update multipliers have not changed in value with the new patch or have they?

I noticed the "small upgrades" and "medium upgrades" in my career. My MyTeam car has the Drag and Down Base values of a Pre Patch Racing Point. But the upgrade multiplier of the FOM car. Yesterday suddenly drove to P3 in qualification, in the 5 races. Maybe I should change the upgrade multiplier to the one from Racing Point.

Just to sum it up for me again.
Ferrari has pre patch Aero (slightly modified)
But the engine is the current one

Mclaren has a Mercedes engine now
Multiplier for engine upgrades by a team with a Mercedes engine
Aero stays the same

Aston Martin / Racing Point
has the Aero from Pre Patch

Alfa Romeo
has the Aero from the pre patch
but the current engine

Williams
has Alfa Romeo Aero
upgrade multiplier from Alfa Romeo?

Haas
gets the Williams Aero
upgrade multiplier from Williams?

RedBull and Alpha Tauri
Mercedes engine values
RedBull Aero unchanged?
Alpha Tauri gets the Aero from Racing Point
Pre-patch or current
upgrade multiplier from Racing Point then

Changed anything on the Alpine / Renault?

Hope got it right.

So I have to look for the engine, aero and upgrades in the VFL file.
Upgrades at the very bottom.

Thanks for your explanation and work.

How do I actually change the sound of an F1 car? So that the Mclaren sounds like a Mercedes.

I will test it. Of course I will make a backup beforehand.
The update multipliers have not changed in value with the new patch or have they?

I noticed the "small upgrades" and "medium upgrades" in my career. My MyTeam car has the Drag and Down Base values of a Pre Patch Racing Point. But the upgrade multiplier of the FOM car. Yesterday suddenly drove to P3 in qualification, in the 5 races. Maybe I should change the upgrade multiplier to the one from Racing Point.

Just to sum it up for me again.
Ferrari has pre patch Aero (slightly modified)
But the engine is the current one

Mclaren has a Mercedes engine now
Multiplier for engine upgrades by a team with a Mercedes engine
Aero stays the same

Aston Martin / Racing Point
has the Aero from Pre Patch

Alfa Romeo
has the Aero from the pre patch
but the current engine

Williams
has Alfa Romeo Aero
upgrade multiplier from Alfa Romeo?

Haas
gets the Williams Aero
upgrade multiplier from Williams?

RedBull and Alpha Tauri
Mercedes engine values
RedBull Aero unchanged?
Alpha Tauri gets the Aero from Racing Point
Pre-patch or current
upgrade multiplier from Racing Point then

Changed anything on the Alpine / Renault?

Hope got it right.

So I have to look for the engine, aero and upgrades in the VFL file.
Upgrades at the very bottom.

Thanks for your explanation and work.

How do I actually change the sound of an F1 car? So that the Mclaren sounds like a Mercedes.
About the engine sound, there is a mod in the "misc" area that does it and provides a tutorial. I incorportated the mod in my copypaste versions.

I will do a recap for you, bearing in mind I did not change multipliers at all from the base version.

Did not change any engine multiplier so they will be based on the original team

Merc: unchanged except has now drag 1.047 equal to Red Bull.
Red Bull: engine from Mercedes.
Ferrari: pre patch base but with current engine.
McLaren: Mercedes engine and mass from 746 to 742.
Alpine Renault: difficult to keep track as it was the one that had the most modifications along with Williams, I think I kept the base Renault but changed drag and aero (see chart in the overview);
Alphatauri kept its base but i changed aero, drag, mass and added Mercedes engine
Racing Point pre patch base along with their multipliers, aero drag and mass changed though;
Alfa Romeo pre patch base but current engine and some other modifications;
Williams I can't remember which base I used as I modified it a lot in every field. Possibly old Haas.
Haas uses Williams base

Feel.free to look at all the charts in the spoiler section in the overview which will reflect the changes from.the original game to all the versions or my mod

Last edited:
Thank you. Will try it on the weekend. But it will take until I need it. : D 5 races only in the first season. I am right now.

Do you have the VFL files for pre-patch Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Haas?
Maybe Williams.

But only need it if the upgrade multiplier has changed. So if you could check it out it would be super nice. I don't need the VFL files. When the multipliers are the same. Pre patch too current

Did you take the pre-patch Williams? Or has it not changed since the patch.

But take your time with it. Really not in a hurry.
thanks

Thank you. Will try it on the weekend. But it will take until I need it. : D 5 races only in the first season. I am right now.

Do you have the VFL files for pre-patch Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Haas?
Maybe Williams.

But only need it if the upgrade multiplier has changed. So if you could check it out it would be super nice. I don't need the VFL files. When the multipliers are the same. Pre patch too current

Did you take the pre-patch Williams? Or has it not changed since the patch.

But take your time with it. Really not in a hurry.
thanks
I think Williams was not affected by variations pre and post patch. Btw no problem I will have a look at the multipliers of the cars which did change after the patch and will let you know!

The realistic damage doesn’t seem to be as sensitive as the original damage files from fish. If anyone touched then you’re more than likely in the red or the race is over or someone ran over debris then it would be a puncture and you could possibly make it back. Atm it’s more like stock realistic damage you would get with no mods. I’m still using the mod but would prefer it to be a touch more fragile in every sense

The realistic damage doesn’t seem to be as sensitive as the original damage files from fish. If anyone touched then you’re more than likely in the red or the race is over or someone ran over debris then it would be a puncture and you could possibly make it back. Atm it’s more like stock realistic damage you would get with no mods. I’m still using the mod but would prefer it to be a touch more fragile in every sense
Thank you Trooper, I tried to rebalance it as many feedbacks told me they were not happy with the original realistic damage. Maybe I'll add that version again. Also the a.i. is usually not affected by punctures, as per what I know only the player

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%