F1 2020 F1 2020 | New Screenshots Released By Codemasters

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
As the build-up to release continues, Codemasters have recently dropped a number of new screenshots for their upcoming new Formula One game - F1 2020.

Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2020 Formula One and supporting F2 series, the latest Codemasters officially licenced Grand Prix game is more than likely going to hit the shelves before the real deal kicks off in anger, so for many this might actually be the first time they have seen the various 2020 livery designs out on circuit!

What do you think. looking good?

F1 2020 8.jpg
F1 2020 7.jpg
F1 2020 5.jpg
F1 2020 4.jpg

For gameplay action, check out the following onboard lap trailers from Codemasters:

F1 2020 will be available on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia July 10 2020.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 2.jpg

F1 2020 3.jpg

It looks always good. But drive like f...k
They never listen to the community. This year again no VR its a shame! Mouse navigation in menu? I Bet not!

I have a whole button box area dedicated to replacing my keyboard while in Dirt Rally 2.0.
Mouse Navigation would be GREAT across the board.

However I do wonder if VR would work well with an F1 game unless they have a lot of motion blur on the sides.

What I saw in PC2 in an F1 car was that at high speeds because you are low the ground and have a wide open view, the background around you seems to jump much more than in other cars.

You may need 144 fps for it to look smooth enough not to be very distracting.

I also have to ask, is the F1 series a much smaller market each year than the Dirt Rally series? There could be other factors in play here.

I just realized that I haven't touched PC2 since I got my Index and I could see if 144fps actually helps. I've not tried driving an F1 car in iRacing, I could get the McLaren F1 car they have and try it out at 144fps.

Last edited:
Well I'm looking forward to it this year, and I'm still enjoying my 2019 career.
Many people seem to enjoy criticising the game, and it has often been deserved. But 2019 is better than previous versions for me, and I hope 2020 is another step.

As for the driving/handling, I'm happy with it. There are more than enough 'pure' sims out there, but they are otherwise pretty devoid of atmosphere, and they don't manage to give the 'career experience' immersion like this game does.

It looks promising to me. As usual I shall try and keep playing my 2019 career for as long as possible before I buy 2020 though.

It doesnt matter if they arent mm perfect. Honestly this community is so hung up on everything being perfect that they clearly have no idea how to have fun.
It's not that they are laser scanned & not perfect - some of the corners are not recognizable from their RL counterparts - do you honestly go through the busstop at Spa & think it even looks remotely correct?

Its the same in every single thread on here. "no vr no buy" "oh the tracks arent accurate (although how people can tell when they've never driven half the tracks in the game is beyond me.)"
Play some games with laserscanned tracks for once and see for yourself. Codemasters Spa is so inaccurate on some corners you'd be forgiven for thinking it's a different track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%