F1 2020 F1 2020 | New Screenshots Released By Codemasters

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
As the build-up to release continues, Codemasters have recently dropped a number of new screenshots for their upcoming new Formula One game - F1 2020.

Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2020 Formula One and supporting F2 series, the latest Codemasters officially licenced Grand Prix game is more than likely going to hit the shelves before the real deal kicks off in anger, so for many this might actually be the first time they have seen the various 2020 livery designs out on circuit!

What do you think. looking good?

F1 2020 8.jpg
F1 2020 7.jpg
F1 2020 5.jpg
F1 2020 4.jpg

For gameplay action, check out the following onboard lap trailers from Codemasters:

F1 2020 will be available on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia July 10 2020.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 2.jpg

F1 2020 3.jpg

... by reasons of hysteria

almost 100,000 deaths in the US, 8,000 in my native Germany, dunno if you have a really close friend like I have with a serious heart condition and a couple of operations to his credit over the last few years, he/she might want to discuss the term "hysteria" with you ...

shakes head

sorry, back on topic: I might actually be tempted to buy this one since it will be so bizarre to do a season that never was. Hope they do an end of season DLC (if a season actually materializes) where tracks are devoid of spectators, pit crew wear masks etc.

almost 100,000 deaths in the US, 8,000 in my native Germany, dunno if you have a really close friend like I have with a serious heart condition and a couple of operations to his credit over the last few years, he/she might want to discuss the term "hysteria" with you ...

shakes head

sorry, back on topic: I might actually be tempted to buy this one since it will be so bizarre to do a season that never was. Hope they do an end of season DLC (if a season actually materializes) where tracks are devoid of spectators, pit crew wear masks etc.

There's a very cheap medicine for that: Hydroxychloroquine. Plus, most of us have working immune systems. It's a plandemic and 99% of those deaths could have been avoided if most governments weren't selling the Chinese narrative while burying the real medicine under lies and tyranny. I call those deaths one of the worst genocides in recent story. And anyone defending the "stay at home" crap instead of asking for the right medicine is, in the best case, an useful idiot, helping wreaking the Western economy. At worst, a Chinese/Globalist asset.

It looks always good. But drive like f...k
They never listen to the community. This year again no VR its a shame! Mouse navigation in menu? I Bet not!
If you watch an interview with the Codemasters rep on Marc Priestly's YouTube feed, he was asked about VR and they are looking at 2021 but said one of the issues that they're concecrned with because of how fast F1 cars are is motion sickness issues as well as just trying to get it right. And while I agree with you for the most part their reality is that VR sim racers are still a minor amount of of their customers keeping in mind that they cast a broader net to entice the weekend gamer than say RF2 or iRacing that is more appealing to the dedicated sim racer.

Play some games with laserscanned tracks for once and see for yourself. Codemasters Spa is so inaccurate on some corners you'd be forgiven for thinking it's a different track.
I have every sim out there dating back a decade and laser scanned it cool but not a deal breaker for me and tracks evolve and update, repave etc. so it's got a limited shelf life often. Also Zandvoort in the F12020 game was laser scanned but before they made the adjustments on the last turn so let's say mostly laser scanned. :D ;)

I do play games with laser scanned tracks but it really doesnt bother me

Good for you, however, even if we can live without laser scans, it would at least be nice to have a basic level of accuracy where curbs are in somewhat correct places. At exit of Malmedy, somehow 20 meters of curb is missing. This isn't even an accuracy issue, as it would be simple to extend that curb without re-scanning the track.

Screenshot from 2020-05-25 11-53-16.png

Screenshot from 2020-05-25 11-53-48.png

I have a whole button box area dedicated to replacing my keyboard while in Dirt Rally 2.0.
Mouse Navigation would be GREAT across the board.

However I do wonder if VR would work well with an F1 game unless they have a lot of motion blur on the sides.

What I saw in PC2 in an F1 car was that at high speeds because you are low the ground and have a wide open view, the background around you seems to jump much more than in other cars.

You may need 144 fps for it to look smooth enough not to be very distracting.

I also have to ask, is the F1 series a much smaller market each year than the Dirt Rally series? There could be other factors in play here.

I just realized that I haven't touched PC2 since I got my Index and I could see if 144fps actually helps. I've not tried driving an F1 car in iRacing, I could get the McLaren F1 car they have and try it out at 144fps.
Try Automobilista 2...Awsome in VR. But I wouldn't likw F1 2020 in VR....Too good the way it is....

Good for you, however, even if we can live without laser scans, it would at least be nice to have a basic level of accuracy where curbs are in somewhat correct places. At exit of Malmedy, somehow 20 meters of curb is missing. This isn't even an accuracy issue, as it would be simple to extend that curb without re-scanning the track.

View attachment 376137
View attachment 376138
Who really cares. Just drive it for gods sake ! !

Try Automobilista 2...Awsome in VR. But I wouldn't likw F1 2020 in VR....Too good the way it is....

I'm either in DR2 or iRacing, both of which are awesome in VR now. iRacing has always been efficient, but either NVidia or Codemasters made some serious changes because DR2 is now working great in VR with all settings set to Ultra. I'm blown away with how much better it runs in VR!

I already have copies of PC2, AC, and ACC collecting dust and don't see the point of setting up and fine tuning another sim. I'm very happy with iRacing and DR2. If they ever released F1 in VR, I would have to try it out just for grins.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%