F1 2020 F1 2020 | New Performance Updates and Livery Tweaks Coming Next Week

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have teased a new performance and livery update for their F1 2020 racing title - set to be release early next week.
  • Livery updates to several cars.
  • Ferrari PU changes.
  • Performance changes based on season results.
Early next week Codemasters have confirmed they plan to release a new update for F1 2020, addressing the latest relative performances of the current Grand Prix grid whilst also producing minor livery updates to a number of cars.

F1 2020 3.jpg

In terms of liveries, the update is set to bring changes to the helmets of both Mercedes drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas, and also adjustments to the livery used by Ferrari and Red Bull, with the Austrian team getting further visual updates on the pit crew sponsor logos.

From a performance point of view, update 1.12 will bring with it a reduction in competitiveness to the Ferrari Power Unit, affecting both the works Ferrari team, and customer outfits Haas and Alfa Romeo.

F1 2020 4.jpg

Additionally, Codemasters have also adjusted the performance of some teams within the game based on the relative strengths and weaknesses displayed over the first 11 races of the season. Over and above to the Ferrari PU adjustment, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Haas have also been given further decreases, with just Racing Point improved as part of the new patch.

It is worth noting that according to Codemasters, the "Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience", which will no doubt be a relief to those players currently working their way through a career mode within the title.

F1 2020 5.jpg

Codemasters have not yet revealed the exact date of the new release, although they do confirm it will be deployed to the simulation at some point next week, with further optimisations and fixes set to be bundled together as part of the 1.12 build.

Sadly no word from the studio yet on the promised F2 2020 season update, expected to be launched as free DLC content to the title before the conclusion of the calendar year.

Original Source: Codemasters F1

F1 2020 is available now on both console and PC.

Got yourself in a tangle with the sim? Need some help getting the best from F1 2020? No worries, ask our community! Head over to the F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a new thread, and let the community be your guide!

F1 2020 1.jpg

A question for the users of the game : am fan / user of sim racing , AC and ACC and AMS2. Is this game something for me? The rest of the game looks fantastic. ;):coffee:Thanks for the advice
Every year it gets closer and closer in my opinion from a driving perspective. Previous years the cars' handling was much less responsive in almost all types of corners. This year it improved, I only have problems with low speed understeer (compared to the "sim" cars). Of course overall it's more forgiving on the limit. AI is the best in simracing though, THAT is the main selling point for me apart from it being a licensed F1 game.

A question for the users of the game : am fan / user of sim racing , AC and ACC and AMS2. Is this game something for me? The rest of the game looks fantastic. ;):coffee:Thanks for the advice

You buy it for the racing. If there's one thing that Codemasters gets right in this game it's racing against the AI.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of people here give it too much of a hard time. It never claims to be a hardcore driving simulator, however there's enough nuance in the handling to put it definitely in the sim category IMO. I play AC, ACC, R3R, rFactor and I don't feel like I'm missing much when I play F1.

It's just a damned good immersive racing game that really does give you the feeling that you're part of a Grand Prix, especially when you take the time to set the AI difficulty so that you're within a tenth or so of your AI team mate.

(Maybe it's just for me lol) Since the VR is uber puking in Dirt Rally I'm glad there is no VR in the game....

Would it really matter if VR is in the game as an option? It's not like it would take anything away from your experience. That said I can understand your stance against VR when Dirt Rally, which on scale of things is a pretty easy and light VR experience, can have that effect on you.

Will the performance update be something I can apply when I want? I'm in the middle of my second season and I'm in a pretty good fight with Ferrari for third best on the grid. I'd hate to have this update take that away. If I could apply it at the end of the season, that'd be great.

I wished they improved / update the custom liveries for your own team, there is so much disconnect between stylized liveries of real race cars, and the really basic custom ones

they don't even have a engine manufacturer logo on the car :(

The things that always annoy me are the bugs, inconsistent ai (always having to change the difficulty) and the unrealistic weather (too many wet races)... Are they gone?
You're right, the AI is not perfect as well as the game and yes, changing the difficulty is needed for the different tracks. But this is the only F1 game in town, there are no other "Official" F1 competition developers. IMO, bugs and all, I still like the game, but that's me, I love the career mode a lot and I don't take it seriously in terms of not being that realistic.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 301 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing