F1 2020 F1 2020 | New Performance Updates and Livery Tweaks Coming Next Week

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have teased a new performance and livery update for their F1 2020 racing title - set to be release early next week.
  • Livery updates to several cars.
  • Ferrari PU changes.
  • Performance changes based on season results.
Early next week Codemasters have confirmed they plan to release a new update for F1 2020, addressing the latest relative performances of the current Grand Prix grid whilst also producing minor livery updates to a number of cars.

F1 2020 3.jpg

In terms of liveries, the update is set to bring changes to the helmets of both Mercedes drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas, and also adjustments to the livery used by Ferrari and Red Bull, with the Austrian team getting further visual updates on the pit crew sponsor logos.

From a performance point of view, update 1.12 will bring with it a reduction in competitiveness to the Ferrari Power Unit, affecting both the works Ferrari team, and customer outfits Haas and Alfa Romeo.

F1 2020 4.jpg

Additionally, Codemasters have also adjusted the performance of some teams within the game based on the relative strengths and weaknesses displayed over the first 11 races of the season. Over and above to the Ferrari PU adjustment, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Haas have also been given further decreases, with just Racing Point improved as part of the new patch.

It is worth noting that according to Codemasters, the "Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience", which will no doubt be a relief to those players currently working their way through a career mode within the title.

F1 2020 5.jpg

Codemasters have not yet revealed the exact date of the new release, although they do confirm it will be deployed to the simulation at some point next week, with further optimisations and fixes set to be bundled together as part of the 1.12 build.

Sadly no word from the studio yet on the promised F2 2020 season update, expected to be launched as free DLC content to the title before the conclusion of the calendar year.

Original Source: Codemasters F1

F1 2020 is available now on both console and PC.

Got yourself in a tangle with the sim? Need some help getting the best from F1 2020? No worries, ask our community! Head over to the F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a new thread, and let the community be your guide!

F1 2020 1.jpg

"It is worth noting that according to Codemasters, the "Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience", which will no doubt be a relief to those players currently working their way through a career mode within the title."

Fair enough, but a lot more are complaining about it possibly not taking effect for new MyTeam starts... you literally only have to check their Twitter and Facebook replies for that, never mind the forum, to see that. People have been asking for this for ages.

Apparently one of the Codemasters PR folks are "getting clarification" on this from an hour or two ago. We don't actually know if it will at least affect the Ferrari powered cars in MyTeam, fresh start or existing save, so you can at least not pick Ferrari PU for immersions sake.

Well, I have a confession. I don't want to knock the game, it's fun and, for what it is, really well done. But my impressions of the handling/ffb quality in F1 20xx are inversely proportional to the amount of sim racing I have/haven't been doing recently. In other words, when I drop in for a little Codies F1 when I haven't been racing much, I think it drives pretty good...on the other hand, if I've been doing a lot of sim racing recently, I find the experience a bit frustrating. I think the F1 20xx titles fill an important hole in the overall racing game landscape but, man, I wish we could get a proper licensed F1 sim title. :unsure:

A question for the users of the game : am fan / user of sim racing , AC and ACC and AMS2. Is this game something for me? The rest of the game looks fantastic. ;):coffee:Thanks for the advice

Last edited:
If only it had VR, have played the older F1 games before VR was a thing and seems the new ones are much improved in every way but I just don’t have a setup with screens any more and not willing to invest just for F1.

Still hoping it will come as it would be a good fun distraction from the more serious sim stuff

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%