F1 2020 F1 2020 | New Patch Adds Various Livery Updates

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Formula One 2020 by Codemasters has been updated today, and with it comes a selection of updated liveries across the cars within the game.
  • Update available on both console and PC.
  • Livery updates for six of the 2020 grid.
  • Various core fixes and improvements.

New update time is here for Codemasters F1 2020 game, as the studio continue to work hard trying to keep up to speed with the multiple livery updates and changes that have taken place throughout the grid since the much delayed new season kicked off back in August in Austria.

As well as liveries changes, the new build deployed earlier today also includes a few useful fixes and changes to the game, with the changes to the MFD accessibility, soft lock updates and various quality of life improvements throughout the title.

f1 2020 update 1.jpg

Patch 1.09 Update Notes

• The Multiplayer car is now available to use in split-screen and Time Trial.
  • Option added so players can engage ERS by holding the button.
  • Fixed a soft lock for some users where a contract negotiation would not occur correctly.
  • A performance issue while the Safety Car is on the track has been addressed.
  • Sponsors now correctly appear on the player's car during Weekly Events.
  • Customisation sliders now show values to allow easier editing.
  • Badge emblems can now be resized.
  • Time Trial now has an option to view a replay of the fastest lap in the session.
  • In Split Screen AI opponent numbers can now be customised.
  • Players are no longer briefly displayed in the wrong position at the end of a qualifying or race session.
  • Pit stop information has been added to the Race Director.
  • The Multi-Function Display (MFD) can now be enabled in Cockpit view.
  • LAN names will now be correctly used during LAN game sessions.

f1 2020 update 4.jpg

Sports update changes:

McLaren

• Gulf and various sponsors added
  • #WeRaceAsOne rainbow livery added

Racing Point
  • Additional sponsors and logo placements
  • Replaced Racing Point nose logo with We Race As One version

Alfa Romeo
  • Added 50 Years Sauber branding
  • Added sponsors, Twitter handle and #WeRaceAsOne to halo

Red Bull
  • #WeRaceAsOne branding added to front wing
  • Updated Citrix logo next to driver's head and nose stack

Renault
  • Added #WeRaceAsOne to halo arms and nose
  • HP, Vitality and other sponsors added
  • “Thank You NHS” logo added to the top of the halo

Williams
  • Updated nose sponsor stack
  • Updated shark fin

F1 2020 is available now on console and PC.

The Formula One 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out with fellow fans of the simulation, and get more info on the inner workings of the title. Shoot on over now, start up a thread and get involved in the conversation today!

f1 2020 update 3.jpg

Last edited:
havent' checked it yet but would be cool to have bit more options on livery editor. Cars look so lame compared to real liveries
they don't even feature engine manufacturer logos , which should be one of the main things

so when they say, do not overtake under yellow flag, that is only for player and not for AI, right?
got overtaken by Bottas on straight in Baku under yellow, no penalites :(

Last edited:
havent' checked it yet but would be cool to have bit more options on livery editor. Cars look so lame compared to real liveries
they don't even feature engine manufacturer logos , which should be one of the main things

so when they say, do not overtake under yellow flag, that is only for player and not for AI, right?
got overtaken by Bottas on straight in Baku under yellow, no penalites :(

not only on yellows, in VSC too....my last My Team 1st race in Australia, big pile up in turn 1, Gasly out, VSC deployed and Kimi divebombs like 5 cars into turn 3, after the race I check for penalties and nope, he wen't from 17 to 10 on that move

Last edited:
speaking of feature, I feel like someone in codemasters really hates how dominat Lewis Hamilton is in real life
in my career mode, he DNF almost in every race, either car failure or crash

same thing in my game! 4 races, 2 DNF, 1 12th place for a wrong strategy during a safety car in a mixed wheather race and a 14th place after starting 18th because he doesn't qualyfied for the Q2 due to a late exit when it was starting to rain on the track....:O_o:

I was overjoyed when I read in the list of improvements: "The multifunction display (MFD) can now be activated in the cockpit view."
I stupidly thought that the screen showing for example the temperature of the tires or the damage on the car and that we display by pressing a button would finally be displayed on the screen of the steering wheel in cockpit view. But unfortunately no, it is only the HUD that we have when playing in exterior view and which in fact has no use in cockpit view because all the information it displays we already have on the steering wheel . Very big disappointment about this.

Please Codemasters bring us the real MFD on the steering wheel screen in cockpit view in a future update ...

I was overjoyed when I read in the list of improvements: "The multifunction display (MFD) can now be activated in the cockpit view."
I stupidly thought that the screen showing for example the temperature of the tires or the damage on the car and that we display by pressing a button would finally be displayed on the screen of the steering wheel in cockpit view. But unfortunately no, it is only the HUD that we have when playing in exterior view and which in fact has no use in cockpit view because all the information it displays we already have on the steering wheel . Very big disappointment about this.

Please Codemasters bring us the real MFD on the steering wheel screen in cockpit view in a future update ...
I can't see this being done, it must be such a low priority for their game. It's not a sim afterall. Most people won't be driving from cockpitview imo

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%