Resource icon

Misc F1 2020 Names and Teams Changer v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Electronics any comment on that? Possible, yes, no? Might even be easier to replace the string \localisation\2020_release\ with \localisation\202X_modfile\ so just one version would already be enough.
For me and a few others I've asked, the localisation file doesn't exist. I'm aware Codemasters hid it away (which is actually inside game.dat and is extractable through ego.nefsedit). However, I have ideas on how to re-encrypt it and repackage it inside the game.dat file so that the game picks it up.

Additionally, I had experimented extracting the language file, changing it and putting it in /localisation/2020_release but no luck on my end so far.

For me and a few others I've asked, the localisation file doesn't exist. I'm aware Codemasters hid it away (which is actually inside game.dat and is extractable through ego.nefsedit). However, I have ideas on how to re-encrypt it and repackage it inside the game.dat file so that the game picks it up.

Additionally, I had experimented extracting the language file, changing it and putting it in /localisation/2020_release but no luck on my end so far.
If we change the information about that language file name or space, the game cannot load it from the game.dat and has to look at the new given place.
Of course it does not work putting it into \localisation\... because the game already loaded the file from the game.dat (the engine does: first come, first serve)
But, if the game is told right on launch (due to the memory overwriting) to use a different file than that in the game.dat, it will look for the new and that, we can provide openly.

The files themselves, we can provide as a mod (together with the new used structure or names)

Last edited:
If we change the information about that language file name or space, the game cannot load it from the game.dat and has to look at the new given place.
Of course it does not work putting it into \localisation\... because the game already loaded the file from the game.dat (the engine does: first come, first serve)
But, if the game is told right on launch (due to the memory overwriting) to use a different file than that in the game.dat, it will look for the new and that, we can provide openly.

The files themselves, we can provide as a mod (together with the new used structure or names)

So I think you are ready to become our new superheroes :D

Have you got any ideas where to start with specifiying a new language file to use? I had a little look half-way through writing this memory-based changer and couldn't find anywhere really good to start. Sadly, reverse engineering the binary is wayyy more complex than I'd like to go to figure that out.

Thanks for this man! Really nice job!

Just for feedback, my Carlos SAINZ, changed to Carlos RICCIARDO. i'm using the new version, game updateded.

1617543606473.png

Have you got any ideas where to start with specifiying a new language file to use? I had a little look half-way through writing this memory-based changer and couldn't find anywhere really good to start. Sadly, reverse engineering the binary is wayyy more complex than I'd like to go to figure that out.
Well, I don't know beforehand the game launches. But after the game started, it was easy to pick it with CheatEngine, but of course making changes after has no use, so I was not able to test it the theory would work out.

Edit: red disclaimer "could not find process, has process being stopped"

So with the 1st version I did everything as in the guides, ran F1 in DirectX 12, clicked "write into F1" in the app and a red error came up saying that probably "process has been stopped". Can anyone help?
Tonight I will try with the new version.

In any case this mod is awrsome wizard creation and I really want to use it!

Can I change F2 drivers names with that tool?

The F2 driver names should work, although I haven't tested that at all. One thing that won't work at the moment is the 3 letter abbreviations as I haven't gone through and set them up yet for the F2 drivers. If someone wants to go through and get a list of all of them and who they correspond to that would be really useful. (What I've completed so far is in https://github.com/Electronics/F1NameChanger/blob/master/F1-2020 Names Changer/Lookups.cs)

It appears so far that the majority of issues are for people running the game in a language other than english, I might need to add specifics to each language type.

if I play in the Italian language, everything is not perfect and above all the names of the cars do not change, if I put it in English it works well.

Works great after the update! Also I'm a little bit confused about commentary not calling out the names, the cheat engine tables people shared had this feature am I not recalling right? Thanks anyway, much appreciated!

Works great after the update! Also I'm a little bit confused about commentary not calling out the names, the cheat engine tables people shared had this feature am I not recalling right? Thanks anyway, much appreciated!
I hadn't actually seen an implementation of that, if you know of one let me know and I'll try to incorporate it in this program.

Otherwise, I've just released another update which adds support for DX11 along with its set of different memory offsets.

Last edited:
bug.PNG

This is what happens to me after running the game and clicking "write to F1". I am playing in English and using DX12. What have I got to do, please?

Edit: it happens also on 2.2 version and using DX11. Also opened a bug report on Github.

Edit 2: solved by running the app as administrator but region issues came up:

region.PNG

Last edited:
after the last update, Sain, Mazepin and Vettel appear to me only with the name, whether I play in Italian or in English
F1 2020 - DX12 Screenshot 2021.04.05 - 10.12.46.07.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back