F1 2020 F1 2020 | Michael Schumacher DLC Available Now + New Patch

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new DLC for F1 2020 - as the Michael Schumacher Charity DLC hits the game from today.
  • New DLC adds various liveries, emotes and apparel to the title.
  • The Keep Fighting Foundation DLC items are available to purchase in game.
  • Update 1.07 adds various fixes and improvements to the game.

The new DLC has been made available within the game today (Monday 10th August) and can be purchased as premium content directly within F1 2020 itself.

As the new title is themed around the life and career of 7-time World Champion Michael Schumacher, with many of the German drivers cars available as part of the deluxe edition, it is fitting that Codemasters bring this new additional content to the simulation in support of the charity efforts around the former Ferrari drivers ongoing health fight.

F1 2020 Keep Fighting DLC 2.jpg

“It was an honour for the studio to focus on Michael’s record-breaking F1 career for the F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Edition,” said Lee Mather, F1® Franchise Game Director at Codemasters. “We are equally proud to support the Keep Fighting Foundation. Many of our players regard Michael as the greatest of all time, and we know the exclusive items will prove incredibly popular.”

The Schumacher trailer can be viewed below:

F1 2020 | RaceDepartment Review: Click Here.

The new Premium DLC features a car livery, podium emote, helmet, gloves, suit and badge. PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia editions will go live on Tuesday 11 August. Proceeds from the sales will go directly to the Keep Fighting Foundation.

F1 2020 Keep Fighting DLC 3.jpg

For more information about the Foundation, please visit: www.keepfighting.ms/

Alongside the new DLC, Codemasters have released patch 1.07 that brings with it various fixes and improvements to what is already a very, very enjoyable recreation of Formula One racing 2020 style.

• Keep Fighting Foundation DLC pack is now available
  • Addressed a crash when accessing mail resulting from changes within leagues
  • Addressed a crash that could be seen when spectating a multiplayer race
  • Splitscreen resolution has been increased
  • In split-screen, player two will no longer change the race strategy for player ones when editing their own
  • The player will no longer be offered an incorrect 0 stop strategy alternative during a race that requires a pit stop
  • Jeff will now give the correct Championship Standings information during a race
  • Brake boards are now present at turn 12 at Brazil
  • F1 cars use the players chosen number in multiplayer
  • Career modes will now progress correctly when Simulating races with Formation Lap turned on
  • Fixed a performance issue when running Steam in offline mode
  • In unranked others, players will no longer be seen to be given points after failing to finish a race
  • Purple fastest lap times are now easier to read on the race results
  • Improvements to the item preview images so they’re higher resolution
  • Glove textures have been improved under certain conditions on the track where they were previously appearing lower resolution
  • Players will no longer be penalized for overtaking the safety car in a pit lane entrance or exit
  • Players can no longer overtake the safety car once it is ready to return to the pit lane
  • F2 sprint race grid will always correctly reflect the result from the feature race
  • Updated a number of F2 lap records
  • F2 Races in Vietnam are now the correct number of laps
  • If the player is eliminated in qualifying 1 parc ferme rules will now correctly apply
  • After a formation lap time gaps will now be shown correctly
  • Addressed an issue where all participants in a weekly event would not be awarded points
  • Nationality flag is now correctly displayed on Mercedes race suits
  • Various other stability and bug fixes

F1 2020 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Keep Fighting DLC footer.jpg

Last edited:
I still haven't bought the game yet, lol
Should I buy it now guys? Or wait for the sale?

It depends. Do you own F1 2019? And if so, do you enjoy it? Just know that it's pretty much like last year except it includes the new My Team game mode and it's pretty good. Overall, the driving hasn't changed. So if you liked the feel of the 2019 edition, you'll like it this year.

The other new feature is the possibility of starting your career with a full F2 2019 season. The 2020 F2 season should be available for download eventually. I mention the F2 cars because I like them a lot, almost as much as the F1s.

As I always write, I like the F1 franchise for what it is: not a sim like ACC, more like a very well made recreation of the F1 championship. It's a bit arcade compared to other sims but it targets a wider audience.

Last edited:
I bought it on pre-purchase with around 40-50% rebate. At this price, it's definitely worth it! :cool:
At full price, I'd say it's still enjoyable but maybe a bit pricey.

Since you don't even have the DLC Ski present... I don't really see the point of the DLC.

He could have at least reconstructed his face for the animations on the podium.

A championship with all the old glories would be cool.

He can do it in wrestling games... why not in F1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%