F1 2020 F1 2020 | Livery Updates Due To Arrive In Next Update

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have previewed some of the livery updates due to be deployed in the upcoming new patch for F1 2020.

Although we don't have an exact release date for the latest F1 2020 build, Codemasters have suggested we are talking a matter of days rather than weeks, and with it comes a much needed refresh of the current season liveries within the game - updating the title to much more recent standards following the first six rounds of the current World Championship.

As well as livery updates, the upcoming new build will also include a few performance passes to the simulation and various minor updates, details of which are set to be revealed closer to release day.

So, let's take a look at these changes shall we?

McLaren

McLaren.jpg

• Gulf and various sponsors added
  • #WeRaceAsOne rainbow livery added

Racing Point

Racing Point.jpg

• Additional sponsors and logo placements
  • Replaced Racing Point nose logo with We Race As One version

Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo.jpg

• Added 50 Years Sauber branding
  • Added sponsors, Twitter handle and #WeRaceAsOne to halo

Red Bull

Red Bull.jpg

• #WeRaceAsOne branding added to front wing
  • Updated Citrix logo next to driver’s head and nose stack

Renault

Renault.jpg

• Added #WeRaceAsOne to halo arms and nose
  • HP, Vitality and other sponsors added
  • “Thank You NHS” logo added to the top of the halo

Williams

Williams.jpg

• Updated nose sponsor stack
  • Updated shark fin

In further F1 2020 news, Codemasters have also confirmed the studio have been working on a substantial performance update for the title. With work still ongoing back at Codies HQ, the new performance update is expected to be brought to the game at some point during October, and should bring F1 2020 team and driver results closer in line with the current form book within Grand Prix racing (so expect Ferrari to plummet to the middle of the field!).

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news about this update as and when it becomes available.

F1 2020 is available now on console and PC.

The Formula One 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out with fellow fans of the simulation, and get more info on the inner workings of the title. Shoot on over now, start up a thread and get involved in the conversation today!

F1 2020 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Boy some cranky boys on this thread. no doubt fueled by a general hatred by some for Codemasters. I personally don't get it but it has been the same for EA Sports. Most seem to hate the bigger companies and yet I doubt Reiza and others could afford the licensing fees. It is what it is. Buy it, play it or don't do either. That's your freedom of choice but pouting over an update that's 2 months off is trivial. Go ahead send me your hate...lol Bigger issues going around folks, I'm sure you can manage until they get caught up. There's still a massively reduced workforce as companies try to get back to any semblance of normal.

So the “new” tracks won’t be added at all?

No, they said so as soon as the new tracks were added to the calendar. It apparently takes too long to design the tracks and there are probably some licensing issues.

In all fairness, I agree with CM. We’re talking about 3 completely new tracks and one, Nürburgring, that would require a significant update, if not an entirely new version. That is a lot of manpower, time, work, etc.

Boy some cranky boys on this thread. no doubt fueled by a general hatred by some for Codemasters. I personally don't get it but it has been the same for EA Sports. Most seem to hate the bigger companies and yet I doubt Reiza and others could afford the licensing fees. It is what it is. Buy it, play it or don't do either. That's your freedom of choice but pouting over an update that's 2 months off is trivial. Go ahead send me your hate...lol Bigger issues going around folks, I'm sure you can manage until they get caught up. There's still a massively reduced workforce as companies try to get back to any semblance of normal.
The thing is just that Codemasters are extremely lethargic regarding such small things as livery changes or performance updates and if the get adressed, they headline an entire update. It just doesn't look great when you obviously seem to always go for the bare minimum of work, be it with regard to the little details after release or changes between different titles like additional support classes (MotoGP 20 sends its regards), not even speculating about DLCs with additional tracks for this season (nobody can tell me that Liberty Media would interfere in this regard, not after encountering the exact same problem in the Virtual GPs). In my opinion and apart from the F2 content, F1 2020 has about as many features as F1 2013.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%