Skins F1 2020 ISTANBUL PARK TURKISH DHL GP CM Track Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. that's a downer but I appreciate your effort. If I can I'll talk the guys whom made the 1.7 version. Maybe they can figure it out or maybe update it.

One little suggestion I want to make. Could you make the tarmac just a little bit lighter? I know it's been resurfaced but the new color is very vibrant than the rest of the textures.

And, if you make a tutorial about which texture used where, I can help you with them. I can use PS, AI and Rhino.
If you want lighter tarmac you can just lighten the file tarmac-sha.dds by 10% in PS. I'm sure you didn't mean the above comment the way it came across about helping me with textures used where etc etc. I have done enough texture work for AC in the last 10 years to know what works, what doesn't and what goes where. Well over 100 mods now and I always do my best and and keep working on stuff until I'm happy with the result. I know you're from Turkey and you want your home track to be 100% perfect and I'm trying to deliver as close to that as possible. I've done that with all 30 of my track skins. Also every mod I've ever done has been FREE, never ever asked for a donation and if people want to download them they can. Their choice.

Last edited:
Very nice work you've done. @blackcelica

Is it gonna be any update to the pitlane tarmac? There should be aramco logo on the floor.
this is the old track, it recognises the texture. Just quickly done it to test it out and not what a finished version would look like.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2020_acu_istanbulpark_osrw_13-11-120-17-15-23.jpg

If you want lighter tarmac you can just lighten the file tarmac-sha.dds by 10% in PS. I'm sure you didn't mean the above comment the way it came across about helping me with textures used where etc etc. I have done enough texture work for AC in the last 10 years to know what works, what doesn't and what goes where. Well over 100 mods now and I always do my best and and keep working on stuff until I'm happy with the result. I know you're from Turkey and you want your home track to be 100% perfect and I'm trying to deliver as close to that as possible. I've done that with all 30 of my track skins. Also every mod I've ever done has been FREE, never ever asked for a donation and if people want to download them they can. Their choice.
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanded. I love what you did. Respect.

What I want to know is, I know 3D modelling but I never made game mods. Just some stuff for FIFA/PES. What I'm trying to ask you is can you teach me how to do these things? So I can mess around with for practice, for learn.

Sorry again. The "downer" thing is for the that aramco thing. Not to you or your work. I just want to understand the mechanics of the mod. How far can it be pushed, that's all. All my questions are for that purpose, don't get me wrong please.

By the way which version do you like more, ACU or SRTR? Can you tell which one is more accurate or easier to edit?
I have been messing around with the 3D model and by combining v1.02 ACU and SRTR 1.7 I get this..
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2020_acu_istanbul-park_13-11-120-19-41-56.jpg

However it seriously messes things up in more places around the track, especially the shape of some bridges which still have the circle shape in the middle. ACU 1.02 has more banners but still same amount of textures which all repeat wrong thing and the hills and trees look rubbish. 1.7 is definitely better but aramco pit strip has to be just plain for now. That strip which you can only see when you're in the pits is not worth the sacrifice of other stuff you drive past over and over.

Last edited:
I have been messing around with the 3D model and by combining v1.02 ACU and SRTR 1.7 I get this..View attachment 419561
However it seriously messes things up in more places around the track, especially the shape of some bridges which still have the circle shape in the middle. ACU 1.02 has more banners but still same amount of textures which all repeat wrong thing and the hills and trees look rubbish. 1.7 is definitely better but aramco pit strip has to be just plain for now. That strip which you can only see when you're in the pits is not worth the sacrifice of other stuff you drive past over and over.
OK then. Whatever you do is fine for me. Even as it looks, it already looks much better.

I did that btw for the preview image.

Attachments

• İstanbul Park Preview.jpg
    İstanbul Park Preview.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Yes, perhaps the best option is to leave it as it is.

So, that makes v1.2 is final then, right?
Maybe not, if you noticed my Imola circuit it got 6 updates as I kept chipping away at it for improvements. Same with Monza and Mugello. I have a few things going on with Istanbul at the moment which might result in another update. If the gains are worthy of an update then I will. It won't be for a few days anyway. I need time out to enjoy the real qualifying and race. I'm currently testing out floor sponsors for DHL, aramco and rolex on the run off areas. At the moment they are distorted but I've been tweaking and tweaking the positions to make them look OK. Can't have all 3 so I'm deciding which it best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%