F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles

Misc F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles Update 14

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm currently testing your mod with realistic damage and 1.5 lift + 0.82 drag. I'm really enjoying the game, it's like playing a newer, funnier version of F1 2020! I'm only concerned about one thing: the realistic suspension damage seems to be "over-realistic".
I've also watched some real life F1 contacts in recent history and while front wing damage looks perfectly fine to me, the suspensions are waaaay to fragile. Even the slightiest contact can result in broken suspension and thus retirement, while when I watch real life F1 often it results in a car spun and a bit of front wing damage.

What do you suggest to modify to keep overall damage like in your realistic setting, with a bit less suspension damage (but still more than default)?

Bonus: is there any line to modify that allows sporadic punctures when making contact?

I'm currently testing your mod with realistic damage and 1.5 lift + 0.82 drag. I'm really enjoying the game, it's like playing a newer, funnier version of F1 2020! I'm only concerned about one thing: the realistic suspension damage seems to be "over-realistic".
I've also watched some real life F1 contacts in recent history and while front wing damage looks perfectly fine to me, the suspensions are waaaay to fragile. Even the slightiest contact can result in broken suspension and thus retirement, while when I watch real life F1 often it results in a car spun and a bit of front wing damage.

What do you suggest to modify to keep overall damage like in your realistic setting, with a bit less suspension damage (but still more than default)?

Bonus: is there any line to modify that allows sporadic punctures when making contact?
For suspension:
<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="2.5" />
<FrontDamageScale value="1.00" />
<RearDamageScale value="1.00" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="0.75" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
will be less sensitive. More number = less sensitivity, less number = more sensitivity(7 by default).

As for the punctures - I did not choose the numbers for your target, but once I did "extreme punctures" for cooperation with the youtuber Zetmir. But I think it won't work for AI.
I edited this lines: (for front & rear)
<PunctureResistanceMultiplier value="1.0" />

<CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="3">
<SplineElement x="0" y="1" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="20.0" y="1" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="30.0" y="1.0" op="=" />
</CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline>
<PunctureSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="3">
<SplineElement x="30.0" y="1" op="=" />
Video result is here: (use automatic YouTube translate)

Last edited:
For suspension:
<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="2.5" />
<FrontDamageScale value="1.00" />
<RearDamageScale value="1.00" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="0.75" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
will be less sensitive. More number = less sensitivity, less number = more sensitivity(7 by default).

As for the punctures - I did not choose the numbers for your target, but once I did "extreme punctures" for cooperation with the youtuber Zetmir. But I think it won't work for AI.
I edited this lines: (for front & rear)
<PunctureResistanceMultiplier value="1.0" />

<CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="3">
<SplineElement x="30.0" y="1.0" op="=" />
</CollisionSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline>
<PunctureSpeedTyreDamageRateSpline numVertices="3">
<SplineElement x="30.0" y="1" op="=" />
Video result is here: (use automatic YouTube translate)

Thank you! I'll test and will get back to you!
As for the puncture any clue why it won't work for AI? After all it's just a car configuration file and the lines about slipstream aero work fine for AI, why shouldn't also the lines of the punctures? Anyway If I understood correctly for higher values of "PunctureResistanceMultiplier" I have less probability of punctures and vice versa?

Last edited:
Thank you! I'll test and will get back to you!
As for the puncture any clue why it won't work for AI? After all it's just a car configuration file and the lines about slipstream aero work fine for AI, why shouldn't also the lines of the punctures?
Seems like punctures for AI blocked by Codemasters.
Anyway If I understood correctly for higher values of "PunctureResistanceMultiplier" I have less probability of punctures and vice versa?
Yes.

Also, if you want just random punctures and failures for player, use this mod:

Last edited:
Is there any version of this mod with ONLY increased slipstream (vanilla drag and damage) ? Unfortunately the ERP tool does not work properly on my machine, else I would've done it myself. Can anyone be so kind to help me out?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1031992

Deleted message

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%