F1 2020 HUD

Apps F1 2020 HUD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
RND_RandoM submitted a new resource:

F1 2020 HUD - HUD from F1 2020 for Assetto Corsa

Fully functional HUD from the F1 2020 Game

Features just the speedometer just yet, but in the future, the time board and the delta apps will be made as well. Textures were screenshotted from 4K gameplays, so they have decent quality and can be stretched a lot if required.

There are 2 versions of the HUD, 1x should be used for ~1344x768 screens, while the 2x version is advisable to be used on bigger screens.

To install the mod, just drag and drop the respective folder into your...

Read more about this resource...

I've never seen such a feature in other mods like mine, and, unfortunately, it seems that the AC engine does not allow to do so, but I will still give it a try
Thanks for your review!
I don't know what the numbers in the DRS_zone.ini file means, if it means the location on track, maybe you can add a function to calculate the distance to the DRS zone constantly

I don't know what the numbers in the DRS_zone.ini file means, if it means the location on track, maybe you can add a function to calculate the distance to the DRS zone constantly
Yeah, that's the solution I was thinking of. My main priority now is rewriting the code and adding a settings app, so DRS will have to wait a bit

RND_RandoM updated F1 2020 HUD with a new update entry:

Added settings window and many more!

Big update, which adds a settings app, which saves the settings into the config file, small texture tweak, rpm calculation, and much more!
Feature list:
- Settings app (requires a game restart after changes)
- DRS and limiter texture fix
- RPM calculation for each car
- Added a new HUD for non-ERS cars, which doesn't include ERS bar
- The app can be scaled via the settings, 1x and 2x versions don't exist anymore
- Overtake button now reacts to KERS button on the wheel
- Pitlane graphic has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I had a look at your code. It looks like you are... borrowing a lot of code from the creator of this app: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ov1-f1-2014-hud.3129/ . And you do so without giving credit. It is practically a 1:1 copy but updated with new graphics for 2020.

You state the following at the start of the main python file:

Code:
# None of the code below is to be redistributed
# without the permission of the author.

And ask for donations presenting it as YOUR work on the main racedepartment page, whilst most of it clearly isn't your work. I hope it is just something you forgot to do. Otherwise, it is just disingenuous.

Also note, the OV1 app doesn't appear to be released as open source software. So the author has not given permission to use his code like this, even with giving credit. Something to consider.

I had a look at your code. It looks like you are... borrowing a lot of code from the creator of this app: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ov1-f1-2014-hud.3129/ . And you do so without giving credit. It is practically a 1:1 copy but updated with new graphics for 2020.

You state the following at the start of the main python file:

Code:
# None of the code below is to be redistributed
# without the permission of the author.

And ask for donations presenting it as YOUR work on the main racedepartment page, whilst most of it clearly isn't your work. I hope it is just something you forgot to do. Otherwise, it is just disingenuous.

Also note, the OV1 app doesn't appear to be released as open source software. So the author has not given permission to use his code like this, even with giving credit. Something to consider.

Hello, I don't want to make any excuses whatsoever, but can you show the exact moments where I "borrowed" the code? All the apps like mine look similar one way or another, because we are making it for the same game. My features are somewhat different from the "F1 2014 HUD" and even the app structure is not the same - I utilized only one .py file, compared to multi .py files in the "F1 2014 HUD". You can compare more code from other developers and locate similarities in them as well. I used only the documentation from assetto corsa' website, some reference from my previous HUD and my own Python knowledge + the code is not finished yet, there are a lot of unused and badly written lines of code. Also, judging by the comments for the app, it doesn't seem to even work, so your claims are quite offending
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello, I don't want to make any excuses whatsoever, but can you show the exact moments where I "borrowed" the code? All the apps like mine look similar one way or another, because we are making it for the same game. My features are somewhat different from the "F1 2014 HUD" and even the app structure is not the same - I utilized only one .py file, compared to multi .py files in the "F1 2014 HUD". You can compare more code from other developers and locate similarities in them as well. I used only the documentation from assetto corsa' website, some reference from my previous HUD and my own Python knowledge + the code is not finished yet, there are a lot of unused and badly written lines of code. Also, judging by the comments for the app, it doesn't seem to even work, so your claims are quite offending
Thank you.

Of course I can show elements that are borrowed, I don't make unfounded. For starters, look at library.py in your main app folder. It is a direct copy from libs.py in the lib folder of the F1 2014 HUD app. You didn't even bother changing the app name in the error handling console logging! One example of many:

Code:
ac.console("OV1: Config.remSection -- section not found.")

You still consider my claims offending and play defense? Why are you lying that you wrote this all yourself using just the official documentation?

Of course I can show elements that are borrowed, I don't make unfounded. For starters, look at library.py in your main app folder. It is a direct copy from libs.py in the lib folder of the F1 2014 HUD app. You didn't even bother changing the app name in the error handling console logging! One example of many:

Code:
ac.console("OV1: Config.remSection -- section not found.")

You still consider my claims offending and play defense? Why are you lying that you wrote this all yourself using just the official documentation?
Now I see what you mean, I utilized this libs file from my previous project, where I took this file from another project, you can check, I didn't change it. But yeah, I don't use this file too much so I can manage without it. Thanks for your attentiveness, I will remove this file in the nearest update.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back