F1 | 2020 Formula One Team Launch Schedule

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
'Tis the season to be... no wait, that's done. Ok, it's not the season to be jolly, but it is the time to start getting excited about the upcoming new Formula One car launches...

Yes, can you believe the new Formula One season is getting close to kicking off in Melbourne on March 15th? With pre-season testing even close still, it feels like it might be time to have a look at when each of the 10 Formula One teams will be taking the wraps off of their brand-new challengers...

F1 Car Release Schedule;

• Ferrari - 11th February - Italy
  • Renault - 12th February - France
  • McLaren - 13th February - England
  • Alpha Tauri - 14th February - Austria
  • Mercedes - 14th February - England
  • Racing Point - 17th February - Austria
  • Alfa Romeo - 19th February - Barcelona Testing
  • Williams - 19th February - Barcelona Testing
  • Haas - 19th February - Barcelona Testing

Red Bull - TBC

Love F1 racing? Head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a thread today!

Last edited:
Who else thinks that the new name for Toro Rosso is just ridiculous?

Honestly, I don't find it particularly ridiculous. I don't find it significantly more/less ridiculous than "Toro Rosso". I much prefer something with some creativity as opposed to, say, "Racing Point" - which I find somewhat dorky. And why is it singular? Point. Like they are aiming for 10th place!

Well, both names deserve a...

unnamed.jpg

Honestly, I don't find it particularly ridiculous. I don't find it significantly more/less ridiculous than "Toro Rosso". I much prefer something with some creativity as opposed to, say, "Racing Point" - which I find somewhat dorky. And why is it singular? Point. Like they are aiming for 10th place!

For some reason, whenever I see Alpha Tauri, I immediately think "Alpha Centauri". Maybe that's the idea?

And I laughed out loud when I read your remark about Racing Point! :roflmao:

For some reason, whenever I see Alpha Tauri, I immediately think "Alpha Centauri". Maybe that's the idea?

And I laughed out loud when I read your remark about Racing Point! :roflmao:

Ha, yeah - maybe!

I figure with F1, you really can't expect much variation in the actual race or championship results, so you have to take variation where you can get it. If that comes in the form of goofy name changes...well, ok!

I mean, have you ever seen Mercedes F1's full name? Mercedes AMG Petronas F1. Can you think of a blander, more corporate name for F1's blandest, most corporate team?!? :D

Or Aston Martin Force Need More Money From Stroll Racing Point? Nice and catchy.

Williams launch could be anywhere between Feb 19-21, whenever the car has enough bits to be assembled...

I don't honestly care about launches. Its like winter testing, The cars the teams come up with special paint jobs. Then come Melborne they go for something more conservative. Its all about promoting your product. If a team had something innovative they would not put it out in winter testing. Because rivals would catch on to what they where doing. As teams send spies to testing.

Take Eddie Jordan for example. He pulled wights out the car in winter testing. Making the car go faster and used this to attract sponsors. Then in the season put the wights back in the car and run it at the actual pace it was designed to go. Eddie a marketing Genius.

Ha, yeah - maybe!

I figure with F1, you really can't expect much variation in the actual race or championship results, so you have to take variation where you can get it. If that comes in the form of goofy name changes...well, ok!

I mean, have you ever seen Mercedes F1's full name? Mercedes AMG Petronas F1. Can you think of a blander, more corporate name for F1's blandest, most corporate team?!? :D
Yes and Ferrari is actualy "Scuderia Ferrari" denoted by the leters "SF" on logo.

I thought Force India was stupid. And Caterham and Marussia. As they say in England "whats in a name"

Yeah, I think "Force" was an attempt at a literal translation of "Forza", but I really don't think it works quite right in English.

Caterham I think was just a lame branding attempt (sort of like having Aston Martin plastered all over the Red Bull cars).

Marussia I didn't mind. I didn't know what it meant then and I still don't now - the perfect F1 team name in other words! :laugh:

Yeah, I think "Force" was an attempt at a literal translation of "Forza", but I really don't think it works quite right in English.

Caterham I think was just a lame branding attempt (sort of like having Aston Martin plastered all over the Red Bull cars).

Marussia I didn't mind. I didn't know what it meant then and I still don't now - the perfect F1 team name in other words! :laugh:
Caterham was a alternate as they wanted Lotus. But team owner Tony Fernandes had rights to name so he used it on his own cars.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 427 39.6%