F1 2020 F1 2020 | First New Gameplay Trailer Released

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released their first full in-game trailer for F1 2020 - check out the video here.

We've seen quite a bit of F1 2020 already so far, with a couple of gameplay laps from both the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and the freshly redesigned Zandvoort Grand Prix Circuit, and now we get a first look at the whole picture - with a new trailer showcasing the game in a much more wholesale fashion than has been the case so far.

In this latest trailer Codemasters give us a first glimpse of gameplay action, plus showcase the returning Formula 2 series that was such a popular addition to the franchise last time out. Now fully integrated into Career mode, Formula 2 will allow players to choose from full, half-season and three-race challenge options when the game releases this July - although the title will only ship with the 2019 season at first, with the 2020 update coming as a free patch later in the year.

You can check out the new trailer below:

In other F1 2020 news, Codemasters have also revealed the full roster of historic content set to feature within the title. Featuring 16 vehicles selected from the rich history of the sport, you can see the full list below:

• 2010 Red Bull RB6
  • 2010 Ferrari F10
  • 2010 McLaren MP4-25
  • 2009 Brawn BGP 001
  • 2008 McLaren MP4 –23
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2003 Williams FW25
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1992 Williams FW14
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1990 Ferrari 641
  • 1990 McLaren MP4/5B
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4

Deluxe Schumacher Edition
  • 1991: Jordan 191
  • 1994: Benetton B194
  • 1995: Benetton B195
  • 2000: Ferrari F1-2000
“The first in-game trailer has become a key moment in the F1® game campaign and this year is no exception,” said Lee Mather, F1® Franchise Game Director at Codemasters. “Each season we raise the visual benchmark, and with more circuits and teams getting new liveries, we can’t wait for the season to start and for players to be able to race.”

F1 2020 is set to release on July 10th 2020, with the Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition dropping three days early.

F1 2020 will release on Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC this July.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020.jpg

Last edited:
The 2021 next gen version will surely deserve more interest.

There are some strange Matrix effects on the trailer. I don't like it.

Actually, seriously, this is the Fifa of the video game adapted to F1.

One episode every 3 years is enough. Unless you're a Formula 1 fan, don't buy the game when it's released, the price will drop 30% near Christmas and it will be patched. Miracle.

After what I said ... I would like to say that I like the game and its career mode. CodeMasters have the money and knows how to make things look good (the staging, the podiums, the comments), It's the only thing that's really missing from other games.

After that, there is no VR but it will be for the next episode maybe ?

Last edited:
I like what I've read about being able to create a new 11th team, hire F2 and eventually F1 drivers, far more control over sponsorship and contracts etc. I accept the F1 games for what they are and I do like a good career mode so I'll almost certainly pick this up.

They are simulating something didn't occurred irl...simulating what wasn't real is still simulation?Shall we call it fantasy?

(seriously, we don't know anything about this year cars...)
The career mode will be like: Oh, there is a virus, we have to cancel the first x races. So sadly, no races in career mode. ;) But you could do a custom season with all races as they should have been.

For the first time in franchise history they won't be HALF-SEASON late with their release.

PS seriously, why can't they release it WITH season start, when most of the fans are SO excited? Crime shame really, especially now when they can update game (speed, liveries, etc) "over the air".

Same ... as every year. Again they recycled the damn old 3D tracks from 2010. Just a massive joke these days. But obviously nobody cares.
For me the tracks that being in the game since the first title are still same, look Monza, Spa, Catalunya, Singapore, Hungary and so on.
Still have no words, sry but I can't support this as long as they stay with these bad tracks.

The only positive thing is that the sounds are great now!

For those interested, here's an article (in French). The writer tried the beta version.

For those of you who don't read French, a quick summary:

-The new "My Team" feature lets you create you own team;
-There's a new split screen mode for two players;
-The handling and physics are pretty much the same as 2019;
-Sounds are improved;
-ERS management is improved: we can now use an "overtake" button on the steering wheel to get a boost of power;
-The writers noticed that car behaviour varied from one team to another, both in terms of engines and chassis.

Conclusion: an excellent evolution of F1 2019, but no revolution. (In other words, if you liked it last year, you'll like it again. If you didn't... well...)

Before I forget: no mention of VR. ;)

For those interested, here's an article (in French). The writer tried the beta version.

For those of you who don't read French, a quick summary:

-The new "My Team" feature lets you create you own team;
-There's a new split screen mode for two players;
-The handling and physics are pretty much the same as 2019;
-Sounds are improved;
-ERS management is improved: we can now use an "overtake" button on the steering wheel to get a boost of power;
-The writers noticed that car behaviour varied from one team to another, both in terms of engines and chassis.

Conclusion: an excellent evolution of F1 2019, but no revolution. (In other words, if you liked it last year, you'll like it again. If you didn't... well...)

Before I forget: no mention of VR. ;)

Hey l'ami ;), split screen mod. 2 wheels is possible ? I think nobody have the answer^^

Hey l'ami ;), split screen mod. 2 wheels is possible ? I think nobody have the answer^^

Let me quote the original:

"Autre nouveauté, un mode Split Screen. Oui, vous avez bien lu ! Tout comme les jeux d’il y a… très longtemps ! Pour les trois du fond qui dorment, il s’agit d’un mode où il est possible de jouer à deux sur le même écran. "

My (imperfect) translation: "Also new, a split screen mode. Yes, you read correctly! Like some games from... long ago! For the three guys in the back who are asleep, it is a mode that let's two people play on the same screen."

Same ... as every year. Again they recycled the damn old 3D tracks from 2010. Just a massive joke these days. But obviously nobody cares. For me the tracks that being in the game since the first title are still same, look Monza, Spa, Catalunya, Singapore, Hungary and so on. Still have no words, sry but I can't support this as long as they stay with these bad tracks.
Yeah, agree... they could put a chicane or two extra.
Those tracks are exactly the same, year after year... what a disgrace ! :thumbsdown:

:D:rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing