F1 2020 F1 2020 | First Look At The New Zandvoort

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have given fans their first look at the freshly redesigned Zandvoort Circuit within F1 2020 - showing off a re-profiled venue that looks destined to have to wait that little bit longer for a Grand Prix return.

2020 was supposed to mark the triumphant return of the Dutch Grand Prix following a 35-year hiatus from the premier racing series in sport. The circuit has undergone a considerable transformation since announcing their return to the Formula One calendar, introducing a unique banked final turn alongside several re profiled corners developed with the intention to aid overtaking and produce thrilling racing.

Initially expecting to host the fourth round of the 2020 F1 World Championship, the Coronavirus sadly had other ideas, shutting down world sport before the "new" circuit had an opportunity to welcome Grand Prix racing once again.

Fortunately, virtual racers are not held back by such restrictions, with Codemasters pressing on with their development of F1 2020 ahead of a release this coming July - giving us the opportunity to race on the new track before the F1 stars do the event in real life!

Check out the new trailer released by Codemasters showing off the new venue:

F1 2020 will release on Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC this July.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Trailer.jpg

Last edited:
Great video of the track. It would be more awesome if we could view and drive these tracks with VR. But that will probably never happen with these F1 games. Be interested in the comparison items between F1 2019 and F1 2020, what makes it different? What would make me buy this game over F1 2019? Note I dont do career, just Drive, Race the tracks in F1 2019. take care.

Great video of the track. It would be more awesome if we could view and drive these tracks with VR. But that will probably never happen with these F1 games. Be interested in the comparison items between F1 2019 and F1 2020, what makes it different? What would make me buy this game over F1 2019? Note I dont do career, just Drive, Race the tracks in F1 2019. take care.
Pardon me for asking...but what is the point of not playing career? This has been the main selling point of pretty much all Codemasters F1 games. The "driver experience". You don't even do a simple championship run?

Prefer the old zandvoort
Also, F1 needs to get a clue. Their aggressive policy regarding content is really anticonsumer.

Also prefer the old track. It wasnt broke and didnt need fixing. Kind of glad that only Silverstone are interested in ever hosting a british GP again so they cant come along and tarmac everything on some of the other circuits.

probably will happen when they switch to madness engine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 131 13.7%