F1 2020 F1 2020 | First Look At The New Zandvoort

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have given fans their first look at the freshly redesigned Zandvoort Circuit within F1 2020 - showing off a re-profiled venue that looks destined to have to wait that little bit longer for a Grand Prix return.

2020 was supposed to mark the triumphant return of the Dutch Grand Prix following a 35-year hiatus from the premier racing series in sport. The circuit has undergone a considerable transformation since announcing their return to the Formula One calendar, introducing a unique banked final turn alongside several re profiled corners developed with the intention to aid overtaking and produce thrilling racing.

Initially expecting to host the fourth round of the 2020 F1 World Championship, the Coronavirus sadly had other ideas, shutting down world sport before the "new" circuit had an opportunity to welcome Grand Prix racing once again.

Fortunately, virtual racers are not held back by such restrictions, with Codemasters pressing on with their development of F1 2020 ahead of a release this coming July - giving us the opportunity to race on the new track before the F1 stars do the event in real life!

Check out the new trailer released by Codemasters showing off the new venue:

F1 2020 will release on Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC this July.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Trailer.jpg

Last edited:
By the way the video has been blocked by F1.
I too, thought that was a bit funny....and not in a 'ha ha' kind of way.
An earlier poll here at RD asked how to help fix F1....maybe they can start by relaxing the stupid restrictions on past content.
If kids can't watch content, it doesn't bode well for them ever 'growing' into the sport as adults.

Last edited:
I too, thought that was a bit funny....and not in a 'ha ha' kind of way.
An earlier poll here at RD asked how to help fix F1....maybe they can start by relaxing the stupid restrictions on past content.
If kids can't watch content, it doesn't bode well for them ever 'growing' into the sport as adults.

Yeah its rubbish. Its a bit like a kid saying "its mine and only i can show you it" the way they make everyone watch it on their channel.

Bit like coverage here in the UK they're currently showing old 90s races on Sky Sports F1 but cunningly only showing races that were run at tracks where tobacco sponsoring was never run. Is the world seriously at the point where they cant show old names on tv because parents are too lazy to teach their kids that smoking isnt good for you?

As far as I know this could be the last F1 game on this generation of consoles. So, it's pretty possible that Codemasters starts adding VR from F1 2021.
But game engines usually have a transition period where they release it for both last gen and current gen using last gen as base.
So if it has it maybe will not be that great.
But even then the great VR racing games we have are all forward rendering in most of their stuff. So I wonder if ego will change to cater to that.

Yeah its rubbish. Its a bit like a kid saying "its mine and only i can show you it" the way they make everyone watch it on their channel.

Bit like coverage here in the UK they're currently showing old 90s races on Sky Sports F1 but cunningly only showing races that were run at tracks where tobacco sponsoring was never run. Is the world seriously at the point where they cant show old names on tv because parents are too lazy to teach their kids that smoking isnt good for you?
No problem with retroactive tobacco censorship in the 1980s NASCAR races rebroadcast in recent weeks. "Smokin' Joe" Camel, Chattanooga Chew, Levi Garrett, and "Mr. September" Harry Gant in the Skoal Bandit all proudly on display, plus more Winston banners than you can shake a cancer stick at!

Pardon me for asking...but what is the point of not playing career? This has been the main selling point of pretty much all Codemasters F1 games. The "driver experience". You don't even do a simple championship run?

To answer your question, I just prefer to do quick races on each of the tracks or do time trials. I just never have been interested in spending allot of time to do a career mode in any of the racing games. It is just the way I like to do the racing games at this time - jump in the F1 car - pick a track - and do a race or time trial. Maybe later

But game engines usually have a transition period where they release it for both last gen and current gen using last gen as base.
So if it has it maybe will not be that great.
But even then the great VR racing games we have are all forward rendering in most of their stuff. So I wonder if ego will change to cater to that.
The F1 series didn't have that, F1 2014 was PS3 (and equivalent Xbox) with no PS4 version, and 2015 was PS4 with no PS3 version.

Don't know how things will work out this time.

hello guys, another video check out of Barcelona with Carlos Sainz has just come out.
I noticed that the wheel is the same as that of the video of a week ago with Verstappen in Zandvoort.
I hope it is really still work in progress otherwise I will have to cancel the order already made.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back