F1 2020 F1 2020 Decal problems, how to costum decal?

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a problem with costum Haas livery decal. There is no problem with the livery it applied fine to the car, but the decals come to a problem, there is applied decals but livery gone its become white all except numbers decal.

i start to make it same as others skin did with no solid black color backcgroud in photoshop with 3D modeling Haas car, when in the game the car looks white. I have no idea how to fix it.

hope you can give me guide to me fix that. Thank you.
2.png
1.png
F1_2020_photo_20210322_135915.png

Last edited:
alpha appears completly white, any ideas?
If the alpha is white, it's because you made it white. ;)

The alpha channel is something that is totally up to you to create when you mod the decal file. If you're using Photoshop, when you open a game .dds decal file it will give you the option to open it with transparency. If you choose `yes` then you will get an alpha channel that matches the decal file, and all you have to do is maintain that when you mod the decals. If you do not choose to open with transparency, then you will have to create an alpha channel for the file yourself.

If the alpha is white, it's because you made it white. ;)

The alpha channel is something that is totally up to you to create when you mod the decal file. If you're using Photoshop, when you open a game .dds decal file it will give you the option to open it with transparency. If you choose `yes` then you will get an alpha channel that matches the decal file, and all you have to do is maintain that when you mod the decals. If you do not choose to open with transparency, then you will have to create an alpha channel for the file yourself.
so sorry for bothering you again with my ignorance, but after some weeks trying to fix it by myself, I still don´t know why does my decal look like this, thank you.
1642888867822.png
1642888839286.png

Sorry for necroposting here but I'm confused about the alpha channel. I have created a livery for the Alfa Romeo (meant to look like Sauber c19 for reference) in f1 22 and the car at the moment looks like this:
F1_22_photo_20220719_143140.png

This is similar to what the other guy's car looked like at first so I tried following your steps to fix it but how do I make the alpha channel a 'black and white masked duplicate of your decal file'. I didn't select to open it with transparency. So right now I just have the 3d model of the Alfa Romeo Car:
1658238066996.png

The paint file for this car
1658238160898.png

And the decal file:
1658238229010.png

On the right hand side of this ^ there is 'decal' which is the red bull and Petronas logos and all of that then the 'decal real' is the actual Alfa Romeo sponsors so I know what goes where if you know what I mean. Then there is 'black' but if I enable it the whole car turns black in game which also happened to the guy above.

So when I save it I am using these settings for the paint and decal files (I do have Intel texture works):
1658238483811.png

This makes the paint and decal files look like this after saving them:
1658238604603.png

1658238615480.png

With the black background on:
1658238637130.png

If I am doing all of that right which I'm not sure I am then the channels I know are the problem because the decal channels tab look like this:
1658238848507.png

Clearly there is nothing called alpha and If I make one then it is just a black square.
1658239122283.png

Maybe I'm just being stupid but I am very confused right now and some help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry for necroposting here but I'm confused about the alpha channel. I have created a livery for the Alfa Romeo (meant to look like Sauber c19 for reference) in f1 22 and the car at the moment looks like this:
View attachment 583917

This is similar to what the other guy's car looked like at first so I tried following your steps to fix it but how do I make the alpha channel a 'black and white masked duplicate of your decal file'. I didn't select to open it with transparency. So right now I just have the 3d model of the Alfa Romeo Car:
View attachment 583918

The paint file for this car
View attachment 583919

And the decal file:
View attachment 583920

On the right hand side of this ^ there is 'decal' which is the red bull and Petronas logos and all of that then the 'decal real' is the actual Alfa Romeo sponsors so I know what goes where if you know what I mean. Then there is 'black' but if I enable it the whole car turns black in game which also happened to the guy above.

So when I save it I am using these settings for the paint and decal files (I do have Intel texture works):
View attachment 583921

This makes the paint and decal files look like this after saving them:
View attachment 583922
View attachment 583923
With the black background on:
View attachment 583924

If I am doing all of that right which I'm not sure I am then the channels I know are the problem because the decal channels tab look like this:
View attachment 583925
Clearly there is nothing called alpha and If I make one then it is just a black square.
View attachment 583926

Maybe I'm just being stupid but I am very confused right now and some help would be appreciated. Thanks
You are missing an `alpha` channel. The alpha channel should be an additional channel and look like the following.
1658247666900.png

1658247544045.png

(roughly of course.. because the resolution of your images is so low that I can't pull a clean alpha for this example. )

If you open the decal file with the default options, then you can hold `ctrl` and click on the image in the `Layers` tab to automatically select the masked area for you. All you have to do is switch to the `channel` section, create and alpha channel, and fill your selection with the white. ( I usually change the default forground and background colours to black and white, so `alt` + `backspace` is the hotkey. ( Sorry I actually don't know where any of the menus are anymore because I use hotkeys for speed almost exclusively. )
The last step is to create a background layer, fill it with black, and flatten the image. Every else you have been doing is correct.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years