F1 2020 F1 2020 | Check Out Barcelona-Catalunya in New F1 2020 Video

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new gameplay video from the upcoming F1 2020 racing game - showing a lap onboard Carlos Sainz's McLaren Renault around the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in game.

The Barcelona venue, one of the more popular and widely used tracks within the Formula One calendar, should have played host to the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend. Sadly we all know the story with real world motorsport in the current world health landscape, so to ease some of the pain, Codemasters have revealed their first in game footage from the Spanish track in F1 2020.

According to the press release from Codemasters, the track has been amended slightly based on driver feedback, with the closing sector of the lap have been adjusted to offer more realistic elevation changes around turn 13 and 14, bringing the circuit more closely aligned with it's real world counterpart.

F1 2020 will release on Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC this July.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Barcelona 2.jpg

I can no longer get excited about the F1 series from codies, I love F1 even in its current form.
I'd rather drive AC RSS formula cars, I spent hours driving F1 2013 and 2016 every other title has not felt right to me can explain it.
I long for the day codies get f1 right for me again with VR and a driving physic his that are aimed more at drivers than gamers.
I didn't even by 2019 when it was £9.99 for me the f1 series from codies is only an interactive season encyclopedia to me.
I have never really got in to the career mode and I can see the pull for others.

Maybe time for the licence to go elsewhere

The only contribution of Codemasters is that their models can be converted to be used in other games (since they stole content from Assetto Corsa and still sell their game for money), so as long as the modelling is good, who cares how good or bad the game or its physics are:O_o:

Not being funny but the time, money, travel involved in laser scanning 20 circuits, some of which arent there all year round isnt possible in the time frame of development that they have. However the tracks are done for non laser scanned circuits they look good. People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.
They don't need scan all tracks, as official F1 franchise they have access to the circuits blueprint, at least they would put the correct elevations in the track 3d model.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 232 13.6%