F1 2020 F1 2020 | Check Out Barcelona-Catalunya in New F1 2020 Video

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new gameplay video from the upcoming F1 2020 racing game - showing a lap onboard Carlos Sainz's McLaren Renault around the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in game.

The Barcelona venue, one of the more popular and widely used tracks within the Formula One calendar, should have played host to the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend. Sadly we all know the story with real world motorsport in the current world health landscape, so to ease some of the pain, Codemasters have revealed their first in game footage from the Spanish track in F1 2020.

According to the press release from Codemasters, the track has been amended slightly based on driver feedback, with the closing sector of the lap have been adjusted to offer more realistic elevation changes around turn 13 and 14, bringing the circuit more closely aligned with it's real world counterpart.

F1 2020 will release on Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC this July.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Barcelona 2.jpg

I don't get why everyone is so excited. This game can be so much yet the developers haven't done anything that good.
Look again.
Can't see happy faces literally anywhere in this thread. :D

No one:
Codemasters: »Hey, check out Barcelona, one of the most boring tracks in the world!«
At least we know her so well. :D

But seriously... I've learned no track deserves bashing.
I used to love Valencia F1 harbour track. facepalm.
Imo, it's all about persistency. :D :geek:

Not being funny but the time, money, travel involved in laser scanning 20 circuits, some of which arent there all year round isnt possible in the time frame of development that they have. However the tracks are done for non laser scanned circuits they look good. People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.

Must be hard for codemasters to dump some money into laser-scanning all the tracks...this is probably the first time in 10 years they have actually updated their recycled handdrawn tracks.

A proper laserscan of a high profile track and it license can do anything between 50.000 till 100.00 euro. Do that times 20.
Many tracks are not available for scanning, only during GP's they look like they should.

Rather race an accurate "hand drawn" track than 10 years old laserscan (iracing).

People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.
Of course people are entitled to have laser scanned tracks, they pay 60€ every year! ACC costs 40€ and it has all the tracks (minus one) laser scanned. Codemasters can't get even the kerbs right, it's a massive shame.
But I can see why they don't laser scan the tracks: why they should invest money and resources to do it if the physics of the game are trash?

I just don't understand who at codemasters stood up and said have you guys been watching all the F1 races, the sky constantly looks like it is foggy or hazy.:rolleyes:
I have not missed watching an F1 race since I first started watching in 1997.
It looks nothing like this stupid effect they have started doing. Only very rarely does it look like that and if so it is usually at China.

A proper laserscan of a high profile track and it license can do anything between 50.000 till 100.00 euro. Do that times 20.
Many tracks are not available for scanning, only during GP's they look like they should.

Rather race an accurate "hand drawn" track than 10 years old laserscan (iracing).
Man, are you okay up there?
They have the F1 license, they have the license to all the tracks, 1 or 2 million dollars is nothing to Codemasters, hand drawn tracks are never accurate and never will be, even a 10 year old laserscan is more accurate.

I have to disagree. I think the track gets a bad reputation as "boring" because the F1 races there have been very boring...but I think that has more to do with the current nature of F1 cars than the track itself.

From a hotlapping perspective, I think the track is a lot of fun and a big challenge. I realize I'm risking trashing my (virtual) reputation for all eternity with what I'm about to say, but here goes anyways...from a pure driving experience, I don't think there is a big difference between this track and Spa. Note I didn't say "Spain is just as good as Spa!" No way, Spa is iconic and one of my all time favorite tracks...I just think don't think Barcelona deserves the "boring" label (at least not without qualifiers).
I used to like Barcelona when they had a fast final sector, races weren't great but it was ehxilarating to drive, then one day they introduced that stupid chicane under the excuse that it would help with overtaking at the end of the straight... it didn't work and now the track is bad both to race and to drive imo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%