F1 2020 F1 2020 | Check Out A Lap At The Monaco Grand Prix Circuit In F1 2020

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another week where Formula One isn't racing, another week where Codemasters have released a new onboard lap video from the upcoming F1 2020 videogame - this time around the streets of Monte Carlo.

Riding along with Pierre Gasly’s newly re-branded AlphaTauri Grand Prix machine, a freshly renamed team that has yet to actually hit the circuit in anger under their new identity. The latest video from Codemasters does a great job of once again showcasing the visual improvements that have been brought to the latest addition of the long running official Formula One franchise, as we take to the streets of the Circuit de Monaco for a quick lap between the unforgiving barriers of Formula One racings showpiece event.

The track remains in the same configuration as has been the case in recent memory, but thanks to the improvements brought to F1 2020 by Codemasters, players can expect an improved visual experience within the latest title, further refining and enhancing what is already a very nice looking racing title.

F1 2020 is set to release on Friday 10th July 2020 for PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia. Players who purchase the Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition will receive exclusive content and three days early access.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1_2020_screenshot_set1_12_monaco.jpg
F1_2020_screenshot_set1_14_monaco.jpg
F1_2020_screenshot_set1_13_monaco.jpg

I have never tested this game.
And seen from outside the car it looks stunning.
But specially from the cockpit view it looks like its a hovercraft that is sailing round Monacos streets.
Seen from the video there is no connection between driver input(wheel) and car reaction.:cool:

• Deleted member 408599

Do not miss it. It simulates better than any other, carboceramic brakes. In the other Sim, it brakes as if they were road cars

Looks about the same, but I'm still likely going to buy it.

Watching these cars go around the hairpin is painful. Give them a few more years of bloat and they won't even fit. I am a die-hard F1 supporter, but the year they begin discussing how to reconfigure the hairpin to accommodate the boat-like cars is the year I stop watching.

F1 2018, one of my most regretful purchases. Not falling for this one

As Niels Heusinkveld said, most important thing about sim racing (for him, and me) is feeling the car on the limit. Not career, not multiplayer, not even graphics. But feeling the car on the limit through FFB, and dancing on the limit. That's the charm of sim racing, Codemasters physics and FFB just isn't up to snuff.

In Dirt Rally 2 it somehow works, there's no competition for rally. Open wheelers are in Automobilista 1, 2 and other sims.. so why bother with this

Not even VR support (again) I assume?

Looking good. I like these F1 games for what they are. They may lack a bit in realism, but they're still a lot of fun to play. (If I want a more "sim-like" approach, I can always go back to ACC or AMS2. ) I hope they removed the whole "invitational events" nonsense in the career mode.

I finally made the big leap and bought a Fanatec bundle yesterday. They offer the special Schumacher edition of F1 2020 on PC for only 1$ if you buy a Fanatec product. Nice deal, if you ask me.

looks pretty much the same
That's because it is the same. Just look at footage of F1 2019, it's literally the same with different lighting. Thats what i hate most about CMs F1 series. They could just create a base F1 game and add new content such as the new seasons, new cars, etc. for a few bucks. Instead they release basically the same game with different lighting, textures and some minor feature changes and charge big money on an annual basis again and again. No thanks.

Last edited:
I play the F1 games because I enjoy the career mode. The simracing aspect, while not completely immersive for my tastes (F1 2019 lacked flat-spotting as an example, so you could dive-bomb a corner in full lock without consequence), is good enough these days to keep my attention. Maybe there will be a day the official game becomes a full sim, but I wouldn't bet on it since they have to accommodate d-pad controllers, but who knows I'd love to be wrong on that.

In any event, if I'm in the mood for a sim experience, it has to be one of AC (or ACC), RF2, or AMS2 (which while not fully there yet, has progressed quite well). I'd include Iracing in that list since I love that too, but I don't simrace often enough to keep paying for a subscription.

That's because it is the same. Just look at footage of F1 2019, it's literally the same with different lighting. Thats what i hate most about CMs F1 series. They could just create a base F1 game and add new content such as the new seasons, new cars, etc. for a few bucks. Instead they release basically the same game with different lighting, textures and some minor feature changes and charge big money on an annual basis again and again. No thanks.
Codemasters following in the footsteps of EA sports its like a new FIFA game just with F1, annual release with minor change.

Snatched one of the limited edition ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2020 and yeah the game is coming with it. Last F1 game owned was 2016 so will probably give 2020 a go once the key is received.
Last chance to play with Sainz & Daniel in their already old teams :D and maybe as Vettel.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 301 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing