F1 2019 Ultra grip & car stability

Misc F1 2019 Ultra grip & car stability Update 5

Login or Register an account to download this content
"Grip multiplier to 10 or 30 gives faster cars to second per lap, but 100 it's too much - try it. ;)"

Thats interesting to hear, i might try something like 30.000000 later today and see if it keeps them from sliding off as much as they do when they brake late on certain bends, making the whole game realistic by making up their lost time whilst losing it on some corners by having better grip generally.......very interesting, because then when crashes happen due to the braking late at corners, its gonna look genuinely as if its an AI mistake !!

People would know its your creation anyway!!
;)
If you will find good balance, then you could just upload and write about cooperation ;)
Thats interesting to hear, i might try something like 30.000000 later today and see if it keeps them from sliding off as much as they do when they brake late on certain bends, making the whole game realistic by making up their lost time whilst losing it on some corners by having better grip generally.......very interesting, because then when crashes happen due to the braking late at corners, its gonna look genuinely as if its an AI mistake !!
interesting and promising.

I ended up doing a combined

MaxGripMultiplier value=10.000000 (better grip to stop them going off to far from the track)
<BrakePressureMin value="0.55" /> (needs to be 0.6 for RedBull Aston Martin)
<BrakePressureMax value="0.55" /> (needs to be 0.6 for RedBull Aston Martin)

I didn't use your other Slipstream parameter changes in the latest tests, and with the above the cars brake nice and late, which was the plan, with less changes in the XML.

The above settings work well, every bend has a part or two flying off, and DNF's are not over the top in a Race, but definitely more what "appear" (lol) to be AI mistakes with these set. I will post it as a download sometime soon and credit your good self, but I have an important extra question for you:-

I am adamant that there is a way, other than using the weird Damping dancing/wobbling/jumping parameters, to make the Cars go more airborne and almost flip over during crashes.................do you know which parameter(s) in the whole XML control this? I know your Chassis settings as per this Mod I am replying on give the Chassis more downward grip, but I tried making the Chassis "lighter" by lowering all of these to these values:-

<MOIX value="500" />
<MOIY value="2200" />
<MOIZ value="150" />
<COMY value="0.02" />
<COMZ value="0.05" />
<InertiaScaleLowSpeedThreshold value="-0.5" />
<InertiaScaleMidSpeedThreshold value="15" />
<InertiaScaleHighSpeedThreshold value="66" />

....and so far, no Car is being made to go airborne still in a crash, which was my hope to create more spectacular crashes but with them dancing!!

I might now try the Mass Value setting, see if that really is about the "weight" of the Car...

;)

The above settings work well, every bend has a part or two flying off, and DNF's are not over the top in a Race, but definitely more what "appear" (lol) to be AI mistakes with these set. I will post it as a download sometime soon and credit your good self, but I have an important extra question for you:-

I am adamant that there is a way, other than using the weird Damping dancing/wobbling/jumping parameters, to make the Cars go more airborne and almost flip over during crashes.................do you know which parameter(s) in the whole XML control this? I know your Chassis settings as per this Mod I am replying on give the Chassis more downward grip, but I tried making the Chassis "lighter" by lowering all of these to these values:-

<MOIX value="500" />
<MOIY value="2200" />
<MOIZ value="150" />
<COMY value="0.02" />
<COMZ value="0.05" />
<InertiaScaleLowSpeedThreshold value="-0.5" />
<InertiaScaleMidSpeedThreshold value="15" />
<InertiaScaleHighSpeedThreshold value="66" />

....and so far, no Car is being made to go airborne still in a crash, which was my hope to create more spectacular crashes but with them dancing!!

I might now try the Mass Value setting, see if that really is about the "weight" of the Car...

;)
Long time ago I dreamed of doing easy roll-overs like in Project Cars or Pinball mod for Wreckfest, but didn't...
Once I tried set AntiRollConstant to negative + ConstantDamping to -2000 and have somewhat like on screenshot. Also i know that InertiaScale Y - it's vertical axis. Maybe you can do something good, if you will try combine all this parameters.
61isk2a68dt21.jpg

What value or line do I have to edit to increase the maximum straight car speed?
Increase engine power - bigger Y numbers(all 18 vertices)
<Engine>
<RevsPowerSpline numVertices="18">
<SplineElement x="0" y="0" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="69.9528" y="7910.1468370014991" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="121.655289" y="20028.977040683567" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="176.0811" y="37716.45019379881" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="247.059937" y="67580.075107468729" op="=" />

Or decrease drag - decrease this numbers(only main two numbers, not in upgrades section)
(Ferrari)
<F1Aero>
<m_aero_cd_min value="0.955500066" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="0.92635" />

Even negative numbers working, video for example, but it's too much :)

Increase engine power - bigger Y numbers(all 18 vertices)
<Engine>
<RevsPowerSpline numVertices="18">
<SplineElement x="0" y="0" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="69.9528" y="7910.1468370014991" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="121.655289" y="20028.977040683567" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="176.0811" y="37716.45019379881" op="=" />
<SplineElement x="247.059937" y="67580.075107468729" op="=" />

Or decrease drag - decrease this numbers(only main two numbers, not in upgrades section)
(Ferrari)
<F1Aero>
<m_aero_cd_min value="0.955500066" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="0.92635" />

Even negative numbers working, video for example, but it's too much :)
"numVertices" the higher the number the more power the engine will get? and the numbers "y" have to all be increased?

I really enjoy F1 2017 but just needed to edit the wet grip slightly.

So I was pleased to see your 2019 mods appear, as I can hopefully do the same in '19 if I ever need to.

Thanks for replying :)

Can you incorporate this with the extreme damage mod?
You can do it by yourself.
Open xml for manual install from damage mod and xml's from this mod.
Find sections with lines <F1SuspensionDamage>, <F1WingDamage> and copy all parameters from this sections from damage to grip mod. Do manual install and done.

You can do it by yourself.
Open xml for manual install from damage mod and xml's from this mod.
Find sections with lines <F1SuspensionDamage>, <F1WingDamage> and copy all parameters from this sections from damage to grip mod. Do manual install and done.
Thanks. Can it be possible to edit tyre punctures to happen when the tyre comes in contact with debris or wall?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back