F1 2019 F1 2019 physics - I don't give a toss what anybody thinks about it...

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
...because the F1 esports today (3.5.20) was stunning and absolutely nailbiting all the way through.

Charles Leclerc and Alex Albon fighting tooth and nail from beginning to end was incredible to watch - more exciting that in real life probably.

It's also a testament to the skills of the F1 drivers involved in that they can adapt, and adapt astoundingly well, to a totally different environment.

Honestly it's worth a watch -

• Deleted member 379375

Just been gifted this title , I've avoided all F1 games since Geoff Crammond left the stage.
Wow what utter garbage this is, I'd take GP2 over this any day let alone GP3 or 4.

It's a game not a sim in any way, nothing wrong with that but let's at least tell it like it is.
I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised but sadly it's exactly what I expected from Codemasters.

Of course we all have different opinions, but I think you're missing out if you don't give it a chance.

Spend some time setting up your controls, they are not the most user friendly to get right, & the UI is also not the greatest in places.

It might not be an out and out simulator, but once it's set up, the cars feel fine, FFB feels very good, & sound is good. I don't believe there is a better representation of an F1 career.

I like AMS & RRRE as sims, but I spend many enjoyable hours in F1 2019

Some of the virtual GP series has been great.

But it has also been arcade.

I prefer playing this game on my controller than my wheel which says a lot about it compared to other sim and game options. Also the esports drivers all do not use the cockpit cam and all go 10% quicker using tactics that don't exist to corner in real life.

However, I agree it was impressive that Leclerc for example could adapt.

Yes, physics. Like 4.5Gs of braking power or 2.5Gs of right turns 70 times in two hours. Most players are sitting at a desk thumbing at a keyboard complaining about physics. How about driving a car that produces more downforce than it weighs? Do the tires fight back as much as a heavy car without downforce? Does anyone know what it is like to breathe in a helmet where air is being sucked out with more force that you can breathe it in? Putting on a balaclava when its 90 degrees F already?

I’ve been playing F1 2019 a bit more recently. It is certainly not a simulator in terms of the physics, but you have to accept that this is a game for mass consumption, a hard core simulator would not be appropriate for most people who want to sit infront of their telly with a PS4 controller.

However, it’s a pretty good simulator for all the trappings of F1. The career mode is great fun and the cars and tracks look great. If you can get past the driving model there is a lot to enjoy, I just wish it had vr.

Some of the virtual GP series has been great.

But it has also been arcade.

I prefer playing this game on my controller than my wheel which says a lot about it compared to other sim and game options. Also the esports drivers all do not use the cockpit cam and all go 10% quicker using tactics that don't exist to corner in real life.

However, I agree it was impressive that Leclerc for example could adapt.
Interested in what the tactic is?

Interested in what the tactic is?

I don't know exactly. You would have to pay me or an esports driver coach, or watch one of Jimmy Broadbent's videos learning the trick. From what I understand, it is about downshifting more and quicker at certain points before the corner, so that you swivel turn and kick around it and get more speed on exit. Meanwhile, in real life, Hamilton takes the corner at a higher gear smoothly to go faster.

f1 series is a game so calm down if you dont like it play somthing else..... i love it as well as ACC and iracing..... easy for me to see the fun in the games theres different styles which is a good thing who wants 10 of the same games so some sim some are arcade style and some are mixed

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.8%