F1 2019 F1 2019 | New Update Now Available

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new update for F1 2019 has been released.

The new build deployed to the official 2019 Formula One game yesterday, and comes complete with a few minor improvements and fixes to Codemasters current Grand Prix racer. Aimed mostly at addressing some of the remaining issues within the title, the latest build should download next time players restart their game on both PC and console versions of F1 2019.

Full update notes for V1.22 can be found below;

General
  • Radio language option has returned to the advanced audio options screen
  • Users will now see the speed they set in the speedtrap in practice sessions
  • Addressed an issue where the camera would reset when the game was started
  • User is now notified of their progress through a championship on the loading screen
  • User can now see if they are serving a penalty during a pitstop
  • Front wing damage threshold has been reduced in practice and qualifying sessions to include minor physical damage
  • Addressed an issue where the safety car could appear in One-Shot Qualifying in online sessions
  • Maximum Vehicle Reflections setting reduced from ‘Ultra High’ to ‘High’ for stability
Leagues
  • Addressed an issue where users could not submit results if they didn’t enter qualifying 2 or 3 with saving between sessions enabled
  • Addressed an issue where a scheduled league could become stuck in an old event
  • Addressed an issue where a league could become stuck if abandoning a practice or qualifying session with saving between sessions enabled
PC
  • Maximum Vehicle Reflections setting reduced from ‘Ultra High’ to ‘High’ for stability

Original Source: Codemasters

F1 2019 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to ask something specific about the game? Head over to the F1 2019 sub forum and post a question for our knowledgeable community.

F1 2019 Updated.jpg

Am I alone in thinking that they shouldn't release a game every year?
You're definitely not. I'd love to see that as well. Much like ACC gave us a 2019 update to the game and added a track and current year liveries for free, it would be great to see the F1 series follow suit.

Obviously money is the determining factor here though, so I wouldn't expect their current model to change any time soon.

You're definitely not. I'd love to see that as well. Much like ACC gave us a 2019 update to the game and added a track and current year liveries for free, it would be great to see the F1 series follow suit.

Obviously money is the determining factor here though, so I wouldn't expect their current model to change any time soon.
they could also just sell it as DLC for like 5 bucks maybe ten if like this year 2 tracks are new

Yeah, I also believe the license is probably too expensive for them to do an upgrade version to make F1 2019 into F1 2020. I think they will want players to buy an all new game.

They are just finally dipping into DLC now, wonder how much they will go down that path for F1 2020. I would love older tracks, but let's see.

I'm actually really glad they are still updating this game now, isn't it almost a year that the game has been out? Usually yearly games get a few patches in the first few months of the release and then that's it. I think this sets a good precedence for the next version of the game, makes me more confident that they will support it through the life cycle of the game.

Indeed codemasters must pay a lot for each season, and each year, since 2017, they've been adding one or 2 new classic cars. That's not a lot. Next year I hope more of these cars (especially from the mid 80s) and/or classic tracks. Why not adding all the content of f1 2013 which did not make it in the next classic iterations of the games?

Licensing this content must be expensive too but, considering the current quality of the game, I'm sure it would be a huge interesting addition.

The fact that Codemasters is still updating the game is something very positive but it makes me think if they're going to use F1 2019 as a base for the 2020 game with only minor changes to update the game to the new season. At least they have a separate team to upgrade F1 2019 while most of the employees works on F1 2020.

I hope for F1 2020 Codemasters include classic tracks, it feels weird sometimes to drive old cars on modern tracks, and they rebuild (laser scan maybe) the modern tracks because it feels like they're using the same tracks models since F1 2010 in some cases and there is a quality difference between newest tracks like Paul Ricard and the old ones.

I have F1 2019 and enjoy the game for what it provides. I currently just do offline quick races and time trials. I hope the next version(whenever it is) of this type of game will provide us with 360 degree VR capability to make it more immersive. Right now I use F1 2019 with VORPX which is not bad in 3D, but is still not really a true 360 degree VR which many of us are looking for. I am so used to and enjoy many of the other popular VR racing games.

I think it'd be really beneficial if Codies took a year out, released a visual upgrade patch to update liveries, team logos etc, to give time to really update the game going in to 2021. I highly doubt this will happen due to financial reasons, plus the two new tracks that are dropping this year. But it's a thought.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%