F1 2019 F1 2019: Motion Platforms and DD Wheels Supported - Full List

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Supported Controllers.jpg

The full list of supported peripherals for F1 2019 has been revealed - with a nice selection of different equipment coming with support as standard.

In a world where the average sim racer seems to have a near endless combination of equipment, Codemasters have released what amounts to a very solid looking list of compatible wheels, controllers and peripheral for all F1 2019 release platforms.

Direct Drive wheels have plenty of love in the new list, with the SimSteering V2, Fanatec Podium, Accuforce V1 all supported, with likely workarounds available to get the various OSW solutions working within the title.

Check the full list below:

PS4
  • Buttkicker
  • Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula v2
  • Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
  • Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1®
  • Logitech Driving Force Shifter Logitech G29
  • Next Level Racing Motion Platform
  • Pace Wheel
  • PS4 Controller Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
  • Thrustmaster GT Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster LED Display Thrustmaster PS Rim
  • Thrustmaster T150 Thrustmaster T300
  • Thrustmaster T500 Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster T-GT Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
  • Venom Hurricane
Xbox One
  • Buttkicker
  • Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel
  • Fanatec CSL Elite
  • Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3
  • Fanatec Podium
  • Logitech Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • MadCatz Pro Racing
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
  • Thrustmaster GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster PS Rim
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
  • Thrustmaster TMX Thrustmaster TS XW RACER
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Controller
PC
  • Buttkicker D-Box Motion Platform
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel
  • Fanatec CSL Elite
  • Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3
  • Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec Podium Keyboard
  • Leo Bodnar SimSteering v2
  • Leo Bodnar SLI Pro Display
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Driving Force Shifter
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • PS4 Controller
  • SimXperience Accuforce v1
  • Steam Controller
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
  • Thrustmaster GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T300
  • Thrustmaster T500
  • Thrustmaster T-GT
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
  • Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter
  • Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TS PC RACER
  • Thrustmaster TS XW RACER
  • Thrustmaster TX
  • Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
  • Tobii Eye Tracker
  • Track-IR
  • Xbox 360 Pad for Windows Xbox One Controller

F1 2019 is due to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC June 2019.

Catch the latest news and discussion at the F1 2019 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - join in with your fellow community members and share some of the F1 2019 love!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm surprised that even though Fanatec is heavily promoting F1 2019, their DD1 and DD2 are not specifically listed. I saw Accuforce and Leo Bodnar, but no Fanatec Direct Drive wheel bases listed.

Do you think the "Fanatec Podium Keyboard" might have been a typo? Or is that a thing?

I'm surprised that even though Fanatec is heavily promoting F1 2019, their DD1 and DD2 are not specifically listed. I saw Accuforce and Leo Bodnar, but no Fanatec Direct Drive wheel bases listed.

Do you think the "Fanatec Podium Keyboard" might have been a typo? Or is that a thing?

It must be since a Fanatec Podium Keyboard does not exist.

Ummm....some things on this list are head-scratchers.

Accuforce v1 DD wheel????
That's great, but what about the current (since early 2017 or so) Accuforce v2 DD wheel???

Buttkicker support?
What does that even mean?
All Buttkickers are supported by audio output of the sound system being used, and I'm sure that they aren't using their own type of "SimVibe" solution with actual game telemetry, so mentioning it is just filler to add to the list.

PS4 Next Level Racing Motion Platform???
Huh???
Now THAT would be impressive to have direct console support for it, but since it has been left off of the PC list, then I can only assume that it's a typo and was meant to be there instead.
Besides, motion platform support is usually just provided by a game API output, which then the manufacturers themselves create a plugin to work with their hardware (NLR, SimTools, etc.)

Did they get the janitor at Codies to type up this list?

One thing omitted was VR, so of course this actually is a semi-accurate list, LOL!!!!!!!

I wonder how the game's FFB will be upon release? ;)

That is some list!
I bet there will still be some who manage to complain...itll never be enough. you could put literally every single item on there, except one, and then the one guy who owns that item will lose their mind...

people cant seem to make the distinction that this isn't high end sim fare, that probably, if we did research into it, majority of players are playing on a pad, from their sofa. That we're lucky they cater for the kit they do

just because you have it, and use it in your other sims, because its catered for, doesn't mean that a title like this, aimed at a far far more general audience rather than a niche part, will allow you to use it, and you know what...if it doesn't,,,,you don't have to go in to meltdown....or boycott or whatever else....because it doesn't cater to your very niche group.

its not aimed at high end sim gear, like rf2 etc its casting its net further and wider, a large portion of people who buy and play this, ill bet, aren't even a member of a racing forum...I know right! heathens! I bet they don't even know what a sim rig is... even the stuff they do include like the telemetry and other peripherals is just to satiate a few peoples demands.

but I digress. you do you. ive spent too much time recently here and it always ends bad for me, I lose a few braincells, lose my interest in people (which is miniscule at best anyway) so I need to move away again. some here think theyre pro's as it is.

ill be getting it, and ill be playing it. most likely enjoying it as I have for "most" of them since 2010.

imagine that....."enjoying" a game...having fun...…

crazy huh?

bring your disagrees your dislikes.....IDC. more for the ignore list. I hope I make yours

Last edited:
Is this where only one can work at a time though because of the telemetry data.
At the moment I run

- DD and buttkicker through sim commander
- NLR v3 motion
- telemetry displays via Simhub

of these 3 only one can be done at a time on 2018 and previous

Soooooo, no VR then?
we need to give them time, this is only being 2019 and all.:D
Give them a brake, they just came up with compatibility with driving wheel, next updates, you might be able to connect pedals independently from the wheel, maybe.:roflmao:
Only small team are able to have it all, big team like those are in it for the money, not enough VR sim players to bother I guess.:p

Selecting one of those DD setups and reconfiguring the inputs for your own DD device should get you a long way.
Its all USB HID devices, only the position of their inputs is a bit different.
There is enough to tweak on the sim and the gamedevice config panels to get a good FFB.

You can imagine that this owner of a NLRv3, Fanatec DD1 and Buttkicker (no not my wife) is looking forward to this release of F1 2019. Ooh and I got it -almost- for free from Fanatec as a gift when you bought a steering wheel.

Good times for us simracers!

I bet there will still be some who manage to complain...itll never be enough. you could put literally every single item on there, except one, and then the one guy who owns that item will lose their mind...

people cant seem to make the distinction that this isn't high end sim fare, that probably, if we did research into it, majority of players are playing on a pad, from their sofa. That we're lucky they cater for the kit they do

just because you have it, and use it in your other sims, because its catered for, doesn't mean that a title like this, aimed at a far far more general audience rather than a niche part, will allow you to use it, and you know what...if it doesn't,,,,you don't have to go in to meltdown....or boycott or whatever else....because it doesn't cater to your very niche group.

its not aimed at high end sim gear, like rf2 etc its casting its net further and wider, a large portion of people who buy and play this, ill bet, aren't even a member of a racing forum...I know right! heathens! I bet they don't even know what a sim rig is... even the stuff they do include like the telemetry and other peripherals is just to satiate a few peoples demands.

but I digress. you do you. ive spent too much time recently here and it always ends bad for me, I lose a few braincells, lose my interest in people (which is miniscule at best anyway) so I need to move away again. some here think theyre pro's as it is.

ill be getting it, and ill be playing it. most likely enjoying it as I have for "most" of them since 2010.

imagine that....."enjoying" a game...having fun...…

crazy huh?

bring your disagrees your dislikes.....IDC. more for the ignore list. I hope I make yours

HAhaha!! I'm lucky I ditched the Logitech MOMO I found on my cousin garage, and that ancient dinosaur got me into Sim racing. Either way I'd never complaint, even if is not on the list on PC everything works.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%