F1 2019 Modding Questions Thread

Hello, i have a question, where i can find the actual mercedes .vtf file? i've tried to edited the ones inside mercedes vehicle package, but nothing happened. Can someone help me with this? thanks

edit: i've tried using the mercedes.vtf file for all team, then mod one of them in my case is toro rosso, the toro rosso performance changed, but when i use the same file for the mercedes car, it didn't work.
You just need to replace the Mercedes.vtf in erp files of each team simultaneously.

Last edited:
As ccreed explained, you can use the verify files integrity by steam.
But if your game crash, it's perhaps because you don't have installed the modded helmet in all the erp files. There are 5 erp file that you have to modified for a helmet. They are these files:
1: ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\1980\incardriver.erp
2: ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2018\incardriver_f2.erp
3: ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2019\incardriver_classics.erp
4: ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2019\incardriver_f1.erp
5: ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\frontend\frontend_helmet.erp

try to import you modded helmet in all of these files and perhaps it'will work.

hello, i tried looking into this but these locations are not files that allow me to put the modded helmet file into. I dont know if i make sense, basically i mean i need help on where i am supposed to import my modded helmet file to.

hello, i tried looking into this but these locations are not files that allow me to put the modded helmet file into. I dont know if i make sense, basically i mean i need help on where i am supposed to import my modded helmet file to.

You first have tu use Ego Erp Archiver 6.2. It's with this software that you will be able to open the files ilsted above. And only then you will be able to replace the files for your modded helmet. You can find EEA 6.2 here: https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver

Ciao a tutti. Volevo sapere se qualcuno di voi può realizzare le uniformi nere della Mercedes Copy and paste per il gioco f1 2019 per pc. grazie, te ne sarò grato
Hi everyone. I wanted to know if any of you can make the black uniforms of the Mercedes Copy and paste for the game f1 2019 for pc. thank you, i will be grateful

Hi, I'm trying to use this in-game texture, but I can't, it has an orginal but blurred texture. Can someone help me?
Default_OBJ - Textura por defecto2.png

Hey, so I was wondering: one of my main things about F1 games rn is I always want to update the helmets of drivers who've moved. I only have F1 2019 rn but if I got 2020 I'd ask the same questions, which are:
1 - Will helmets from one game work on another? For instance, if I have Hulkenberg in 2019 move to Racing Point, will the helmet mod for that in 2020 work?
2 - Do helmets labelled as for your own career mode (i.e. not specified as being for a certain driver) work on AI drivers? If I want to put one of Vettel's RBR helmets on him if he moves back, but it's meant to be for one of the generic helmet designs for the player, will it still work? Will it need extra steps?
Quick note: neither of those moves have happened in my game (in fact I felt like I had to reset my game lol), so those specific conversions are not needed per se lol

Last edited:
Hello, I've searched high and low for this answer. Is there a way to modify the visors for the custom characters? Short of hacking the files to insert all of the mipmaps but there is no one to do this.

On another note. I saw that the Esports helmet is setup with a custom visor. However, I cannot see that in the game itself. Bottom line is this would make the game 100% for me. Just can't figure out where to do it. I'm about to start replace every small black box texture because there is no way the texture file is just missing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%