F1 2019 F1 2019 modding Question

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,
I've just edited the performance values of some of the cars and I was wondering if it was possible to edit the 'Vehicle performance comparison' lines in the RnD page (and tree) to reflect the actual performance of the cars.

Thank you,

Also if you know how to find your career mode save that would be very helpful

Last edited:
Good luck. I've asked here but I've noticed unless its an easy question people never answer here, even the ones that know how. I've modified some of performance characteristics as well, and made a post asking about changing the R&D lines. There's got to be some values somewhere, since when you upgrade your engine, or chassis, etc, the lines change. My thread got a lot of views, but nobody answered. Honestly, this site is one of the least helpful places I've been, almost never had a good experience here going way back. So my suggestion would maybe be to try reddit or some other places, race department isn't a very helpful place. It was so bad when I initially came here that the community withheld information about modding Shift 2 from me, I did eventually find out how to mod and someone gave me the proper tools but, it wasn't learned here.

Savefiles should be under some random number in steam/userdata I believe. My current theory on the performance graphs/lines are that they might be somehow tied into the contract system. I'm sure you've noticed as you upgrade your car and the lines/graphs increase, relative to the other cars, your team starts to expect more of you. Maybe if you can find out how to edit contracts that might lead you to the lines? Just a thought, could be wrong.

Last edited:
Good luck. I've asked here but I've noticed unless its an easy question people never answer here, even the ones that know how. I've modified some of performance characteristics as well, and made a post asking about changing the R&D lines. There's got to be some values somewhere, since when you upgrade your engine, or chassis, etc, the lines change. My thread got a lot of views, but nobody answered. Honestly, this site is one of the least helpful places I've been, almost never had a good experience here going way back. So my suggestion would maybe be to try reddit or some other places, race department isn't a very helpful place. It was so bad when I initially came here that the community withheld information about modding Shift 2 from me, I did eventually find out how to mod and someone gave me the proper tools but, it wasn't learned here.

Savefiles should be under some random number in steam/userdata I believe. My current theory on the performance graphs/lines are that they might be somehow tied into the contract system. I'm sure you've noticed as you upgrade your car and the lines/graphs increase, relative to the other cars, your team starts to expect more of you. Maybe if you can find out how to edit contracts that might lead you to the lines? Just a thought, could be wrong.

Thx for telling me that this website isn't the best for modding questions, I'll try reddit and other forums soon but I'm still puzzled over how kris and jbouron72 were able to make these changes. I have one more question though, when I make custom liveries and install them on my game, the livery would come out blurry in game, is there a way to fix this?

Thx for telling me that this website isn't the best for modding questions, I'll try reddit and other forums soon but I'm still puzzled over how kris and jbouron72 were able to make these changes. I have one more question though, when I make custom liveries and install them on my game, the livery would come out blurry in game, is there a way to fix this?

I'm unsure, I found one livery I really liked in F1 2018 but was unable to get it to work, so that's where that modding stopped for me. perhaps you could send some PM's over to kris and jbouran72 and ask them about how they did it. If you get some answers, please either pm me or post it here for others so, if they find themselves in the same predicament they can fix it as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%