F1 2019 helmet mod problem

KrzaczekHD

25RPM
Aug 12, 2017
Hi, i have a problem with putting custom helmets in game, i'm doing everthing, step by step like it is in Krisdix's video and helmet doesn't even change it's self to a custom helmet..it stays in its default colors and pattern and it becoms blurry..can any one have a solution for this problem?

Tanik

1RPM
Aug 1, 2018
I have the same issue, if anyone can help with this problem, it would be nice

jburon72

500RPM
Premium
Mar 22, 2017
Sorry I got you confused. What I mean is the erp files inside f1 2019. Nvm, you need to install the helmet in all incardriver erp 2019, 2018 and 1980. also the frontend_helmets erp inside the frontend folder. They are sharing mipmaps. The reason why its blurry is it can't load the modded mipmaps and only using the one inside the erp w/c is low resolution.

Reactions: kenchong and H3X043

KrzaczekHD

25RPM
Aug 12, 2017
Sorry I got you confused. What I mean is the erp files inside f1 2019. Nvm, you need to install the helmet in all incardriver erp 2019, 2018 and 1980. also the frontend_helmets erp inside the frontend folder. They are sharing mipmaps. The reason why its blurry is it can't load the modded mipmaps and only using the one inside the erp w/c is low resolution.
I think I gottcha...i just need to do same thing in the 2018 and 1980 folder as i do in 2019. Where i can find this frontend folder?

KrzaczekHD

25RPM
Aug 12, 2017
so ive done that what you said..and no my game doesn't even open and it gets crash XDDD soo yea, maybe i'll wait for new patches..maybe they give access to the "com" helmets

jburon72

500RPM
Premium
Mar 22, 2017
Sorry to hear it mate. BTW mate check if ego erp archiver directory is set to f1 2019.
Setting> F1 Game Directory > set directory and locate your F1 2019 game folder inside steam

jburon72

500RPM
Premium
Mar 22, 2017
..right...i'm dumb jeez this is why it didn't loaded..jeez man xd i forgot about that xD and it was set to the f1 2018 game directroy Xd
Feel you man. That also happened to me first time I install the dds file. :D

Tanik

1RPM
Aug 1, 2018
I do not understand what happens ... When I created my helmet entirely with your 3D model and I save it I have this problem. I tried changing everything in the different "incardriver.erp" but it does not work. But I managed to put my helmet created in the game by downloading a helmet made by someone else and by opening the .dds on photoshop and adding the .dds of my helmet layer on top, it works perfectly. So I'm a little lost, it works but why am I obliged to go through the .dds another helmet.

KrzaczekHD

25RPM
Aug 12, 2017
I do not understand what happens ... When I created my helmet entirely with your 3D model and I save it I have this problem. I tried changing everything in the different "incardriver.erp" but it does not work. But I managed to put my helmet created in the game by downloading a helmet made by someone else and by opening the .dds on photoshop and adding the .dds of my helmet layer on top, it works perfectly. So I'm a little lost, it works but why am I obliged to go through the .dds another helmet.
i think we just need to wait for a patch..maybe they'll give us an option to select custom helemts on the com helmets..or it'll be much simpler for what it is now

Tanik

1RPM
Aug 1, 2018
Yes maybe. I hope so...
I found a way to put my helmets in game, so I'm happy with that but I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong because it's clear that the problem comes from me (us).
For now it works like that so it's ok

KrzaczekHD

25RPM
Aug 12, 2017
Yes maybe. I hope so...
I found a way to put my helmets in game, so I'm happy with that but I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong because it's clear that the problem comes from me (us).
For now it works like that so it's ok
i can have the solution but frankly i don;t want to do that today anymore

KrzaczekHD

25RPM
Aug 12, 2017
Feel you man. That also happened to me first time I install the dds file. :D
Okey now it works just fine..but game keeps crashing cause the helmet that i downloaded is making the crashes and the creator is fixing it xD soo now i did everthing good and it works but the helmets it self is broken :p

Reactions: jburon72
Jul 14, 2019
I've got mine to work great, but i'm seeing some of the old helmet underneath my design? I'm trying to make a mainly black helmet but i'm still seeing the original generic helmet in grey underneath

ta