F1 2019 Halo Overlay

Misc F1 2019 Halo Overlay 1.23

Login or Register an account to download this content
boa.st submitted a new resource:

F1 2019 Halo Overlay - F1 2019 TV-style Halo Overlay with additional race info

My DIY from scratch variation of F1 TV halo overlay for F1 2019 game. In short, features list:
- automatic position adjustment for playing / spectating for all modern cars
- text live deltas to drivers in front / behind, text and visual live deltas to personal best and for VSC
- animated yellow and blue flags
- SC, VSC, Pit limiter popups
- RPM gauge with redline blinking
- ERS mode + amount, fuel mode + extra fuel laps on finish
- front wing damage info
- fully animated gear...

Read more about this resource...

My simhub with this f1 halo doesnt working, would you like help me pls?
Sure but I definitely need more information. Is simhub stop working just after extracting dash files into directory? (shouldn't be any affecting on simhub in this case). Or stop working after running overlay? It's also can running but hiding while game in pause / menu.

Hey, I copied and pasted the 3 files into the Simhub utilities but the halo is not showing up in the overlays.
I tried pasting them onto the actual Simhub folder put it just launches the app. What do I do?

Last edited:
Hey, I copied and pasted the 3 files into the Simhub utilities but the halo is not showing up in the overlays.
I tried pasting them onto the actual Simhub folder put it just launches the app. What do I do?
Added .simhubdash files to archive for straightforward overlay importing, try them by simple launching. Just make sure that "F1HaloExtensions.js" is placed in right directory "\SimHub\JavascriptExtensions". At least should be showing up.

It looks great and i managed to make it work, but it looks like it has very low framerate. I ve read somewhere that if you purchase premium license for simhub, it looks better and looks like 60 FPS. Is it true? Or does your overlay not run nicely in 60 FPS even if i buy the premium simhub?
And do you have some overlay that would show the full leaderboard when you race and not only 3 drivers like it is in the game by default? thanks for answers.

It looks great and i managed to make it work, but it looks like it has very low framerate. I ve read somewhere that if you purchase premium license for simhub, it looks better and looks like 60 FPS. Is it true? Or does your overlay not run nicely in 60 FPS even if i buy the premium simhub?
And do you have some overlay that would show the full leaderboard when you race and not only 3 drivers like it is in the game by default? thanks for answers.
Yes, in free version you will be limited to 10 fps and with license you will have up to 60 fps that you can manually caped to 30 or 20 by your needs and your hardware limitations. Btw, the numbers in bottom right corner on this overlay it's your current fps for this overlay.
This overlay can be run on 60 fps nicely but even after some time spending on optimization it still quite heavy for CPU so it depends on your hardware. For example, I'm running it on 30 fps and got around 15% load just by SimHub on my i7 6700HQ (laptop chip) and in total with running game around 85-90 in average. Doubling the fps to 60 will not doubling the load as some elements is limited in refresh rate (like there is no point to update your ERS store 60 times per second) and it will be around 20-25% in my case that didn't work well but with some newer mainstream CPUs it's shouldn't be a problem I guess. In the extreme case you always able to remove some elements from overlay that you don't need (like gears copies that just forming background but quite performance heavy).
I don't have any leaderboard overlays and not used any of them but just by quick searching on this site there is some of them:
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ssion-style-leaderboard-for-simhub-gbj.29590/
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...9-dashboard-with-f1-styled-leaderboard.28044/
Also you can try to search and use leaderboard overlays from oldest versions of F1 game. I believe that codemasters didn't change UDP specification so much from one game to another so they can suit for 2019 version.

Last edited:
boa.st updated F1 2019 Halo Overlay with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

- Removed speed refresh rate lock that wasn't removed before by accident.
- Added two more RPM bars with different scales that better suit for F2 and classic F1.
- Cropped some unnecessary large images
- Fixed redline blinking for classic F1 cars (tuned only some average value that should suit for most cars. To be precise - set redline to 98.5% from max RPMs that can be adjust in SimHub "Cars" tab)

Read the rest of this update entry...

how to properly update this when you make new version (new update) and i have older one in simhub? should i delete everything first and then put in the new version? thanks

how to properly update this when you make new version (new update) and i have older one in simhub? should i delete everything first and then put in the new version? thanks
As I didn't changed anything except main widget you can delete only "...\SimHub\DashTemplates\F1 Halo Player" folder and replace with exact folded from updated archive or run "F1 Halo Player.simhubdash" again. And as I understand just copying updated files with overwriting without deleting old ones also should work fine

is it possible to change the speedo from kph to mph? my simhub and game settings are set to mph but the overlay is still in kph. (i'm using the free version so not sure if that is making a difference)

is it possible to change the speedo from kph to mph? my simhub and game settings are set to mph but the overlay is still in kph. (i'm using the free version so not sure if that is making a difference)
Well... It was my fault that I used kmh units instead of local. Wasn't really care about it as I didn't like imperial units but if someone need them I can't refuse. So check new update, they should work now as intended. Free version shouldn't be any different in this case

Well... It was my fault that I used kmh units instead of local. Wasn't really care about it as I didn't like imperial units but if someone need them I can't refuse. So check new update, they should work now as intended. Free version shouldn't be any different in this case
thank you very much. i was expecting a simple yes or no response to be honest as i've been using the overlay for about a week regardless and i didn't think this would be an issue for most people using your overlay. but thanks again

thank you very much. i was expecting a simple yes or no response to be honest as i've been using the overlay for about a week regardless and i didn't think this would be an issue for most people using your overlay. but thanks again
At first I wanted to explain which values you should change and where to find them. But changing them by myself and post as update was much easier way for me ;)

For those of you that are having lag issues with the licensed version of simhub, I to had the issue and figured it out. If you go to your overlays page you should see the F1 Halo player with a 'more...' button on the right.

Untitled.png

Tick the HTML engine. It solved my issue with lag. Now my brake gauge reacts correctly instead of a delay.

To the overlay editor, good job!

For those of you that are having lag issues with the licensed version of simhub, I to had the issue and figured it out. If you go to your overlays page you should see the F1 Halo player with a 'more...' button on the right.

View attachment 371386

Tick the HTML engine. It solved my issue with lag. Now my brake gauge reacts correctly instead of a delay.

To the overlay editor, good job!
Yeah, as it mentions in SimHub HTML Engine can be more smooth but not without compromises unfortunately. All circular gauges will not work (RPM, flags, delta) and elements layers can be messy (throttle gauge for some reason droping behind background image, some text is blurred instead of blurring only text shadows). I can change circular gauges to linear ones even if this require some minor visual compromises but how to deal with another issues I just dunno. And to be sure, did you have similar issues after switching to HTML Engine? Will be interesting if they appear only on my side.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back