F1 2019 F1 2019: First Look (Video)

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment take an early first look at the new F1 2019 videogame from Codemasters.

A sure as the changing of the seasons, a new year brings with it a new licenced Formula One game from British development studio Codemasters.

With the latest instalment of a franchise that's been running since 2010, Codemasters promise a more expansive and immersive gaming experience than has ever been the case before - having spent the last two years developing the 2019 version of their popular racing title.

With release set for June 28th this year, we've taken the opportunity to sit down and have a very first look at the game, finding out what's new for this edition, and having a go in the modern Formula One cars around the wonderful Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Canada.

Enjoy!

F1 2019 Superlicence Points.jpg

F1 2019 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC June 28th 2019.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Is this a live broadcast, why is Paul broadcasting so early in the Morning, it is 09:00 AM GMT.

A hot British summer time and no work, some people are lucky :coffee:

Me: Off to work in an hours time supporting clients with learning difficulty.
Will have to watch the remaining stream later on when I get back from working doing gods work.

"Codemasters promise a more expansive and immersive gaming experience than has ever been the case before"
LOL seriously?? does the better lighting or shinny tire give me that immersive moment ? F...k no
come on!!! it's 2019, Please give us the VR support!! it's about time now.

No mouse support: no buy! :D

But seriously, how can a developer rule off mouse support for PC, where mouse is basically the easiest thing to use to navigate through menues?!
Sorry to say but it should be mandatory for PC and is a dumb the developer who doesn't want to spent few lines of code to implement it.

I'll give kudos to Codemasters for implementing something unique to the game, leagues. I just would like to know how that will be handled by upcoming release of the game. I presume everyone will have to have the same release, and the history of stats etc...between versions could get complicated.

Welp, I'm glad to have a 21:9 monitor + trackIR cause it's gonna be really hard to check your mirrors this year with a classic 16:9 unless you change it to a crazy FOV ! Did Codemasters finally add a virtual mirror like rF ? those proximity arrows never really help, imo.

Graphics look very impressive. I'm encouraged to hear that the FFB seems to be getting better every year.

Extremely disappointed that there's no mouse support, virtual mirror or triple screen support. In 2019....this is kinda ridiculous.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing