• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured F1 2019: First Look (Video)

Discussion in 'F1 2019 - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,617

RaceDepartment take an early first look at the new F1 2019 videogame from Codemasters.

A sure as the changing of the seasons, a new year brings with it a new licenced Formula One game from British development studio Codemasters.

With the latest instalment of a franchise that's been running since 2010, Codemasters promise a more expansive and immersive gaming experience than has ever been the case before - having spent the last two years developing the 2019 version of their popular racing title.

With release set for June 28th this year, we've taken the opportunity to sit down and have a very first look at the game, finding out what's new for this edition, and having a go in the modern Formula One cars around the wonderful Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Canada.

Enjoy!

F1 2019 Superlicence Points.jpg

F1 2019 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC June 28th 2019.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 5
  2. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +256
    Is this a live broadcast, why is Paul broadcasting so early in the Morning, it is 09:00 AM GMT.

A hot British summer time and no work, some people are lucky :coffee:

Me: Off to work in an hours time supporting clients with learning difficulty.
    Will have to watch the remaining stream later on when I get back from working doing gods work.

3. falster

falster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    im not sure. I don't think so. I just assumed it was pre recorded

EDIT: yes pre recorded

4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +22,617
    Yup pre recorded but held until 9am launch. Sadly I too am stuck at work! Was recorded about midnight last night

• Like Like x 2
  5. falster

falster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    Its a good vid Paul.

Im happy with the visuals, much better, even something as little as the shiny look of the new tyres

Looking forward to next Tuesday.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  6. Nevini

Nevini
    Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    I know codies will not do VR, however I still have my trackir 5.
    Does this support trackir like 2018?

7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +22,617
    @Nevini yea iirc it does, however not at the PC atm to check.

8. cprelot

cprelot

Ratings:
    +8
    "Codemasters promise a more expansive and immersive gaming experience than has ever been the case before"
    LOL seriously?? does the better lighting or shinny tire give me that immersive moment ? F...k no
    come on!!! it's 2019, Please give us the VR support!! it's about time now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. falster

falster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
    I was wondering how long it would take...

10. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +899
    Why wondering, it's much bigger chance for that than Hamilton taking the title. :roflmao:

11. Frank Lehmann

Frank Lehmann
    ... usually known as Ernie Premium

Ratings:
    +300
    Agree with that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +309
    No mouse support: no buy! :D

But seriously, how can a developer rule off mouse support for PC, where mouse is basically the easiest thing to use to navigate through menues?!
    Sorry to say but it should be mandatory for PC and is a dumb the developer who doesn't want to spent few lines of code to implement it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +559
    I'll give kudos to Codemasters for implementing something unique to the game, leagues. I just would like to know how that will be handled by upcoming release of the game. I presume everyone will have to have the same release, and the history of stats etc...between versions could get complicated.

14. Pprod

Pprod

Ratings:
    +2
    Welp, I'm glad to have a 21:9 monitor + trackIR cause it's gonna be really hard to check your mirrors this year with a classic 16:9 unless you change it to a crazy FOV ! Did Codemasters finally add a virtual mirror like rF ? those proximity arrows never really help, imo.

15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +261
    Graphics look very impressive. I'm encouraged to hear that the FFB seems to be getting better every year.

Extremely disappointed that there's no mouse support, virtual mirror or triple screen support. In 2019....this is kinda ridiculous.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +589
    • Like Like x 1
  17. robt100

robt100
    Premium

Ratings:
    +126
    Thanks for the video, I must say its very entertaining when reading the Auto closed-captions :roflmao::roflmao:

18. Slowdive

Slowdive

Ratings:
    +74
    I'm denying F1 the ability to have this game reviewed by me for consideration of purchase.

19. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +217
  20. Michel Forest

Michel Forest

Ratings:
    +40
    The best change for me is the possibility of driver transfers at the end of the season. That was always something that limited the realism of career mode. I’m glad they were able to get rid of that contractual restriction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.