F1 2019 F1 2019: F2 First Look and a Drive With The Historics (Video)

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We have a look and talk about both the Formula 2 and historic content coming with F1 2019 when it releases this June 28th.

With a two year development period undertaken by Codemasters for their latest Formula One licenced game, it is only reasonable to expect that a little more than extra polish and redesigned liveries and model shapes will be shipped with the title at launch, and Codemasters have come good on that expectation by finally including the supporting F2 cast in F1 2019.

For now the new category is limited to the 2018 season, with this years car expected to be added later in the year, and I've been more than curious to get myself out on track in these new machines and see how different they are from their big brothers in the top category.

As well as trying out the admittedly rather awesome Formula 2 content, we also recently took the opportunity to sample what the classics portion of the game has to offer. Now I must admit I've never been too impressed with this side of the F1 franchise, so I'm interested to see how it stacks up within the new game..

F1 2019 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC June 28th 2019.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Anyone with the F1 2018 title will know what I'm talking about. Like the forced stutter even at high FPS. I'm interested in the contents of this title but I fear it's just another title I will save in my hard disk never to play again. I'm waiting for non-reviewer feedback. Someone like the normal me talk about their experience.

What frame rate are you running?

I've seen this problem in ALL racing games where the car is going 200 mph. There is just too much motion at that speed for the ground traveled to look smooth. Now put your vantage point just barely off the ground so that the motion is RIGHT THERE!

If you were running 144 fps it would probably look better.

If they could improve motion blur for anything that is near by but not including the car and dash, they might get something that isn't so obvious.

So happy!!! Arrived today!!

Attachments

• 20190624_194928.jpg
    20190624_194928.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
What frame rate are you running?

I've seen this problem in ALL racing games where the car is going 200 mph. There is just too much motion at that speed for the ground traveled to look smooth. Now put your vantage point just barely off the ground so that the motion is RIGHT THERE!

If you were running 144 fps it would probably look better.

If they could improve motion blur for anything that is near by but not including the car and dash, they might get something that isn't so obvious.

Locked 120 FPS... Early release of F1 2018 threads mention this and they describe it as micro stutter. I can't say it's codemaster and their engine because Dirt series don't have this. Anyways, I'm trying to catch it in 2019 gameplay videos. But OBS recording can smooth this out and mask it totally. I guess I'll just buy it and return it if it still has it.

Locked 120 FPS... Early release of F1 2018 threads mention this and they describe it as micro stutter. I can't say it's codemaster and their engine because Dirt series don't have this. Anyways, I'm trying to catch it in 2019 gameplay videos. But OBS recording can smooth this out and mask it totally. I guess I'll just buy it and return it if it still has it.

I agree that Dirt Rally doesn't have this at least in VR. Someday I'd like to try the F1 series out. As mentioned earlier... maybe in 2035 ;)

FYI, in PC2 driving an F1 car I see this stuttering too. However I don't see it when I'm driving other cars.

Reactions: NDG
I'm honestly disappointed with F1 2018. Similar Experience with ACC. Like they want to dictate a new way of playing racing games. Like bringing back NFS Shift series with the input lag.

I'm sure early reviewers will hesitate to mention negatives in any title they review first, but all I want to know is how smooth the graphics flow in this one? Anyone with the F1 2018 title will know what I'm talking about. Like the forced stutter even at high FPS. I'm interested in the contents of this title but I fear it's just another title I will save in my hard disk never to play again. I'm waiting for non-reviewer feedback. Someone like the normal me talk about their experience.

Honestly, Antialiasing effect is still **** and not efficient, all the distant objects are still blurry as **** as the result of TAA...
don't know what they want from this **** antialiasing method!
you don't want blurry picture? turn off the TAA, boom the picture is not blurry anymore but you can't do a single lap as it becomes a jaggies simulator and i get eye cancer(eye cancer exists?):D specially for us cockpit players(it's not that **** in other camera modes or replays).
at the end it can't eliminate jaggies even near as good as other standard methods (it just needs a tiny little less hardware horse power compare to them) while it make the picture way more blurrier than them. and guess what, some of the micro-stutter scenarios in this game and some other games[from my experience] is also can be in relation to using post-processing antialiasing on high frame rate...
it's not that heavier than 2018 on my system(i'm using 2560x1080 res) as it works based on DX12 and in some cases it's more efficient than DX11 on hardware, specially in term of the amount of minimum frame.

end of the rant:D

This is what i had fear about, idiotic driver transfers...

screen498.jpg

:roflmao: i mean really? in my view it's the most unlikely transfer you can imagine even more unlikely than hamilton to williams at summer break

i have not started the career yet(waiting for the day one patch for up to date balance of performance as it seems it's like the end of previous season) but i hope there is an option to turn driver transfers off, it was like a nice feature but now turns to an idiotic one!

There is more... in benjamin daly's career experiment (the one he wanted to experiment different outcomes of the choices and the results of F2 and their effect on F1) he chose Mercedes for his f1 team, then his fictional F2 team mate (lukas weber) went to redbull replacing gasly, and his fictional rival (devon butler) went to ferrari alongside vettel! so gasly and leclerc out of F1 even before starting the first F1 season:roflmao:
the only way to get full official F1 rooster is to skip F2 gimmick (all the choices and results in F2 are irrelevant! even if you wreck your rival and win all the 3 races, your rival will be lecturing you about his wins and how he overtook you lol) but there is another problem in this method, you can't choose your teammate , if you go to McLaren your teammate will be sainz, and Norris will be out of F1 ! what a mess!
i'll keep my gameplay time under 2 hours to see if they will fix it at the release date (or nerfing it a little bit to avoid imaginary characters joining top3 teams in case of going to from F2 to F1 or at least let us choose our teammate in F1 if we choose to skip F2) or...

Attachments

• screen498.jpg
    screen498.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
No mouse support ingame, and the F2 sounds garbage ingame just too much overwhelming exterior audio from the other cars all muffled together, graphics on triples ultra settings and playablility is lovely,
these sounds are dismal.

No mouse support ingame, and the F2 sounds garbage ingame just too much overwhelming exterior audio from the other cars all muffled together, graphics on triples ultra settings and playablility is lovely,
these sounds are dismal.

Use a gamepad as your mouse in conjunction with your wheel setup it switches between the two seamlessly. The F2 do sound better than they did in the previews I saw, they have implemented the bang on the upshift which was not there before.

Use a gamepad as your mouse in conjunction with your wheel setup it switches between the two seamlessly. The F2 do sound better than they did in the previews I saw, they have implemented the bang on the upshift which was not there before.
Car maybe sounds nice, but when racing in a field there just too many external background noises seems hard to concentrate idk :D

Just done my first race in the F2 championship at Bahrain, absolute blast to play. The A.I pus up a superb fight (I currently playing at 95%). The 1st race I started 12th and was battling for 5-6 laps with Anton Markelov. I ended up finishing 8th with fastest lap, so being 8th puts me on pole for the 2nd race and so the battle with Markelov continues for another 6 or 7 laps, we passed each other around 12 times battling for the lead with the A.I Markelov fighting for his position superbly. I loved every minute of it.

This is some of the best A.I around.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back