Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Renault RS19 7.jpg

Renault Sport have become the latest team to reveal their new Formula One challenger - the Renault R.S.19...

Now benefitting from the driving strength of the incredibly talented Daniel Ricciardo alongside the ever hungry, and massively underrated Nico Hulkenberg, Renault Sport hope that the coming Formula One season will act as a springboard to launching the team back into the fight for regular podium contention, as the French outfit continue in their bid to rebuild the once dominant team back to the very sharp end of the Formula One grid.

Having had a strong and robust climb up the pecking order since returning as a full works operation to Grand Prix racing, coupled with the fact that rivals Red Bull might expect to take time to bed in their new relationship with Honda for this year, 2019 is marks an important milestone in the return of the Renault brand to Formula One, a milestone that with one of the strongest driver line ups in the field could spell the beginning of a new era for the popular squad.

F1 2019 Renault RS19 3.jpg
F1 2019 Renault RS19 4.jpg

Jérôme Stoll, President of Renault Sport Racing:

“At Renault, we are passionate about motorsport. Our history in F1 has continued unbroken for more than 40 years. Formula 1 is a show, a spectacle, pure entertainment, but it is also the highest level in motorsport. A passion for Formula 1 is a metaphor for fighting spirit, determination, resilience but also progress thanks to the limitless innovation that inspires the sport. But this passion has to be tempered with a healthy dose of reality. F1 makes sense for Renault; it is a laboratory for our future road going technology – as seen by the new engine designation – Renault E-Tech 19. It is a very exciting time to be part of F1.”

F1 2019 Renault RS19 5.jpg
F1 2019 Renault RS19 2.jpg
F1 2019 Renault RS19 1.jpg

Cyril Abiteboul was understandably delighted with his new driver partnership for the coming year:
“The added momentum of the Daniel-Nico partnership brings confidence to the team this season. I believe we have one of the strongest – if not the strongest – driver line-up on the grid. Daniel brings proven race winning experience and knowledge of a top team, while Nico is hungry. He’s hugely underrated – he’s quick, determined and a team motivator. Individually they are very strong and I feel the two will complement each other extremely perfectly. The energy they have brought to the team is very tangible and I hope we can give them a car to show their considerable talent.”
Renault join rivals Haas (virtual) and Toro Rosso in revealing their new cars to the worlds public, and tomorrow will see the likes of Mercedes, Racing Point and Red Bull Racing take the wraps off what each will hope to be a competitive and successful Grand Prix car for the season ahead.

To check out when the next cars are set to be revealed, and how to watch it all unfold live, check out THIS LINK.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I still prefer the solid yellow livery that they ran in 2017 over this, but it's a cool idea and an inventive way of designing the paint job for those forward facing camera angles on the straights making it switch from yellow to black when it corners.

Already the best looking car of 2019! Just like the combination of black and yellow. Let’s hope its fast and reliable as well and Daniel and Nico can score some podiums. I think they will be driving with the spec C Renault engine of last year, so... short of horsepower compared to Mercedes, Ferrari and hopefully Honda as well.

My favourite livery in 2018 and unless another team comes up with a better one in 2019, it will remain my favourite. I just love the combination of yellow and black and the way it is all put together. It looks classy and fast.

Abiteboul said it was “super tight” to be ready for testing next week though they have “good reason to believe they will be able to test”.
It’s why Renault used a 2018 car for their launch, fitted with 2019 front and rear wings.

he was talking about this car in the pictures, right?:cautious:

Nice design, but for me more yellow, less black was hoped for. Wonder how it would look with the yellow and black the other way round? :sneaky:

They've always had some of the best liveries of the hybrid era...now if they can get up to the performance level of the other works teams that would be amazing (hoping when 2021 comes around they have a fighting chance). Definitely my favourite "best of the rest" team.

Too much black. I don't know why Sean -livery designer- says "evolution", and the only difference from past year livery is they painted the inside parts of the rear and front wing plates. Instead of black, I prefer some "french blue" like this that I did.

rs19 by LV-JMP, en Flickr

Too much black. I don't know why Sean -livery designer- says "evolution", and the only difference from past year livery is they painted the inside parts of the rear and front wing plates. Instead of black, I prefer some "french blue" like this that I did.

I think once you've rung the "black and gold/yellow" bell, you can't un-ring it. the blue looks weird in there...almost forced in...if they replaced all the black with blue then maybe it might work. Just my opinion of course, sorry if it offends.

I don't think teams should feel obligated/pressured to drastically change their liveries every year (maybe every era change, like going from V8 to Hybrid V6)...at the end of the day, it's the actual performance that matters. Of course if they lose a key sponsor then the change is inevitable.

I think once you've rung the "black and gold/yellow" bell, you can't un-ring it. the blue looks weird in there...almost forced in...if they replaced all the black with blue then maybe it might work. Just my opinion of course, sorry if it offends.

I don't think teams should feel obligated/pressured to drastically change their liveries every year (maybe every era change, like going from V8 to Hybrid V6)...at the end of the day, it's the actual performance that matters. Of course if they lose a key sponsor then the change is inevitable.

Nah, is fine! Yeah, I thought about change all black for blue too.

Bardge board's like a comb look weird Like a 3 prong finger. I can see someone raming those off. Hard to Picture Ricardo not in a blue Red Bull car. But he may be what they need to move forwards maybe even a podeom or a win.:O_o::O_o:

Black is good. It represents intimidation. Red makes the blood boil. As for the old Pink Force India that makes me think of sex for some reason. :p

Someone post a pic of the Scudaria Ferrari. Only to look at airo of course the paint is pretty straight forward Red all over. Got to be the only car you can recognize as it barley changes at all.:geek:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%