Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Ferrari SF90 4.jpg

Could this be the 2019 Formula One World Championship winning car? Ferrari certainly hope so - launching the brand new SF90 ahead of pre-season testing.

Having shown increasingly impressive form over the last few years, culminating in a hard fought but eventually unsuccessful campaign in 2018, Ferrari have recently revealed the car that Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc will do battle with in the year ahead - an nothing less than an all out assault on both Driver and Constructors victory will do for "extreme" new design.

With new management, a new driver in the form of 2018 stand-out rookie Leclerc, and a four-time World Champion with something to prove - this could well be an explosive year for the Scuderia.

F1 2019 Ferrari SF90 1.jpg
F1 2019 Ferrari SF90 3.jpg

“Starting in 2018, we got really good achievements,” said Binotto at the SF90’s launch. “This car is a development of last year’s car, it’s not a revolution. We’ve tried to push the bar, try to be some extreme as we could. Some changes like the front wing for the regulations. If you look at the details, we’ve tried to push hard, be innovative. If you look at the bodywork at the back, it’s very slim. It’s thanks to the entire job we’ve done. A lot of effort has been done. We like it.”
F1 2019 Ferrari SF90 2.jpg

“We’re all excited,” added Vettel. “You start to see the car, little bits of it at the end of last year and then you see it come together but today is the first time you see it. I’m very excited – it’s incredible to see when everything gets together. Now I’m excited, I can’t wait to get in.”
With the reveal of the new SF90, Ferrari become the latest team to show to the world their new car, with just Alfa Romeo Racing set to official showcase their new machine at the start of testing in Barcelona, despite having appeared on track already in a special Valentines Day livery during shakedown in Italy.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I think the F1 over inflated tyres are starting to look really old hat now days... wasn't there talk of making them more like road wheels lower profile not long ago....

I actually like the design (glad they went back to a red and black look), but the real car's color seems washed out (leaning closer to orange than red)...the renders look much better. I hope for their sake the car performs even better than last year's; looking forward to seeing what Leclerc can do.

Well, now we just have to hope that Leclerc will deliver...

First they need a car can out qualify the Boss :ninja: ....then be consistent :rolleyes:

I don't care what car looks like, Ferrari is the only true F1 team, has been there through everything

All the rest tuck their tails between their legs and leave the sport when it all gets too hard..... then come back when it suits them

Last edited:
I actually like the design (glad they went back to a red and black look), but the real car's color seems washed out (leaning closer to orange than red)...the renders look much better. I hope for their sake the car performs even better than last year's; looking forward to seeing what Leclerc can do.

It looks like that because they went with matte instead of shiny paint. This apparently helped them to shave few hundred grams of weight from the car paint. Red Bull did a similar move few years ago, so I suppose it had to be done if they want to gain some extra thousandths of lap time.

It looks like that because they went with matte instead of shiny paint. This apparently helped them to shave few hundred grams of weight from the car paint. Red Bull did a similar move few years ago, so I suppose it had to be done if they want to gain some extra thousandths of lap time.

Makes sense, spare a layer of clear coat.

That said this trend of pure function over beauty has made F1 cars look like **** - personal opionion, 99% will disagree, but not trying to win popularity points. Cutting edge indeed.

I disagree. The paint saves no time. 3-4 thousandths in Spa. One can say 3-4 thousandths matter. Yes, it matters if you are chilled and focused. Seb could be much closer to Hamilton if he was more focused and cool headed. He lost tons of points because of driving errors.
And this livery is ugly as hell. I want deep chrome red Ferraris...
m1vx9K

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing