F1 2019 F1 2019: Build 1.06 patch notes

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch 1.06 is out now on Steam. The Xbox and PS4 updates to follow subject to first party approval.

• Tyre wear will no longer scale in qualifying sessions when race distance is set to 25% or 50%
  • Car setups will no longer change in multiplayer when going between sessions
  • Fixed a crash seen by users who had been eliminated in Q1 and then closed the game during the press interview
  • Fixed a number of instances where some Trophies/Achievements may not unlock in certain circumstances
  • Various other stability and bug fixes
PC users will now be prompted if they’re not using an up to date graphics driver. The up to date driver is currently considered to be;

• AMD 19.5.2
  • Nvidia 431.36

Can anyone elaborate on the following part:

• Tyre wear will no longer scale in qualifying sessions when race distance is set to 25% or 50%

If I understand this correctly, we should be seeing less tyre wear in qualifying sessions at 25/50% race distance's? If so, a welcome change, however carefull i am in out/flying/in-laps in qualy, you always end up with absolutly shot red's after 3/5 laps at the start of the race..

Can anyone elaborate on the following part:

If I understand this correctly, we should be seeing less tyre wear in qualifying sessions at 25/50% race distance's? If so, a welcome change, however carefull i am in out/flying/in-laps in qualy, you always end up with absolutly shot red's after 3/5 laps at the start of the race..

Hi, yes that was the problem, in scaled qualifying sessions you get at least 2x more tyre wear if your race distance set on 50% (maybe even more on 25% races) and you had to start the race on a Q2 tyre with 12-17% wear(vs 6-9% at 100% race lenth), also in other sessions like Q1 and Q3 your tyre will be dead even in the middle of your fist timed lap lol
But it was only half of the problems, it seems AI cars were not affected by this tyre wear scaling as they always had a great first stint on those Q2 tyres in the race and easily managed to complete a 50% race on 1 stop with a long first stint with good pace(something like 12 laps on a soft q2 tyre while my soft tyres were dead after 7-8 laps).
Like other things like using/deploying ERS and the amount of ERS available the AI cheats in this case too:roflmao:
My method to avoid this tyre wear shenanigans before this patch was to start the weekend on 100% race lenth, do the sessions and finally change the race lenth to 50% after Q2 (between Q2 and Q3), with this method i cheat on the cheater AIs lol

I was wondering, is downloading this Update via the PS4 the only way to GET IT ONTO THE GAME? I was thinking of downloading it from work on an external hard drive and then copy it onto the PS4. Another problem is that the download,everytime when I PAUSE the download or switch the PS4 to REST,the download and restart all over again. The download is supposed RESUME where it last stop before switching off the PS4.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.6%