F1 2019 F1 2019: Build 1.05 Performance Update Details Revealed

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Update 1.05 Released.jpg

Codemasters have shared fresh details about the upcoming build 1.05 update coming to F1 2019 soon.

With the real world series continuing to progress to the almost inevitable conclusion of another Lewis Hamilton World Championship, Codemasters are remaining hard at work developing and improving their officially licenced Formula One game, with a new build already under testing and scheduled to drop sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Codemasters F1 2019 V1.05 preview notes:

In this patch the performance order of the teams has been rebalanced to better replicate the F1 Season and how it has evolved since preseason testing. This update affects both the car handling of your car and the performance of the AI cars. Individual team handling traits have been tailored to be more representative of their real-life counterparts, with updated aerodynamics achieving a performance improvement of between 1 – 1.5 seconds per lap, mainly in higher cornering speed, and vehicle performance has been updated to give a more accurate assessment of each car’s strengths and weaknesses. The other update that you’ve been asking us a lot about is F2 in multiplayer, this will be available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN game in patch 1.05.

In addition to the above, there are numerous other fixes which we are looking to incorporate into this patch.
  • AI performance has been improved in wet weather for both F1 and F2 vehicle classes
  • Improvements to AI blocking behaviour
  • In photo mode changing shutter speed will no longer make the screen go black
  • Fanatec wheels will no longer send strong force feedback turning the wheel to the right on race starts
  • Rain / ERS charging lights now work on PS4 Pro
  • First Ten Down (Complete 10 races online) achievement will now unlock correctly
  • Stopped graphical glitches occurring and getting more frequent during long play sessions

Our desire is to get patch 1.05 out to you as soon as possible. It is currently being tested across all platforms, and we anticipate it being available for you guys in the next 1-2 weeks. Keep your eye out for further updates once we have more concrete dates for this!

Post patch 1.05, we are working through a number of updates which are a little further off, but these should all be made available over the next couple of months:
  1. Paul Ricard Pit Lane Update – July/August
  2. Visual Car Updates – August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!
  3. F2 2019 Season – September
These updates are in addition to other more general bug fixes and improvements which will continue to drop, with specific details of those fixes in the various patch notes.

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I can’t seem to muster up the enthusiasm to buy this. I’ve watched F1 since the 90s and I’m still just about hanging in there, but I don’t really feel the urge to replicate modern F1 in sim. Possibly because i suck at these high downforce cars. Am I missing out?

Have not bought the game myself this time around.
Only thing you are missing out on is all the bugs in the game been reported, so hang on in there till they get the game working as it should

I bought this game for the first time in a decade this year and I have to say the offline racing/experience is really really good, compelling at times. It's a major improvement from when I said never again in 2009, but I am also struck, given an annual cycle of how short a distance it's travelled as a physics simulation. Overall though really enjoying it.

Anyway, I've earmarked my return in 2029 when I'm anticipating VR ;) (though there was some loose talk of the next xbox supporting WMR & Occulus - that would certainly help)

Personally, and this may not be popular, I think Codemasters should offer a premium VR edition for one year to cover the costs of the initial VR development, I'd be willing to pay an extra £10 on the premise that VR becomes a core feature and all subsequent games return to a standard price.

I admire your perseverance Lazarou yet those who dislike without owning/trying are not going to change their mind.

As for bugs I'd say no more, actually probably less than some lauded games, or less than any other game I've bought in the last few years.

Cheers mate, I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender :laugh::rolleyes:

Like you I have not really encountered any bugs other than the DX12 Steam overlay crash issue, which appears to be resolved. The only things that need sorting are gameplay tweaks, more safety cars, car development in career toned down or a option to and that's about it.

Looks like the AI and car performance will be addressed in this patch.

I bought this game for the first time in a decade this year and I have to say the offline racing/experience is really really good, compelling at times. It's a major improvement from when I said never again in 2009, but I am also struck, given an annual cycle of how short a distance it's travelled as a physics simulation. Overall though really enjoying it.
The first one was in September 2010. :thumbsup:;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 254 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years