F1 2019 F1 2019: Build 1.04 Released

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Updated 3.jpg

A new update for Codemasters F1 2019 has been deployed.

The new Formula One game from Codemasters has received the update treatment recently, moving to version 1.04 and seeing a small number of stability fixes deployed to the surprisingly impressive new game.

F1 2019: Check out our review article HERE.

Released a full two months earlier than has become the tradition for the officially licenced game, F1 2019 has nevertheless come with a few issues for a certain portion of the player base, mostly around stability and performance under certain circumstances.

F1 2019: First Impressions gameplay video HERE.

Keen to address these issues quickly, Codemasters have dropped a new update that although small in size, does contain what is hoped to be effective fixes for some of these stability issues.

F1 2019 Build 1.04 Update Notes:
  • Fixed a crash seen with an Nvidia 970 graphics card running the DX12 executable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate to be lower than expected during game play after viewing multiple eras in the Showroom
  • Numerous other stability fixes
See, told you it wasn't a massive change log!

Although without doubt a useful update, Codemasters have confirmed they are continuing to actively look for bugs and issues with the game, so expect further updates in the coming weeks.

F1 2019 Updated 2.jpg
F1 2019 Updated.jpg

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Codemasters was like : lets not tune the feature that make lewis transfers to redbull and vettel to alfa when they were leading the championship with their ex teams along with 5-6 other transfers per a mid-season! or Renault being able to win races from the get go! or the agent constantly(scripted) warns the drivers to not be like a number 2 driver while they have double the point of their teammate! people gonna love it:D

a temporary fix for ones that have too many game crashes on DX12 until a permanent fix, it seems you have to disable steam overlay on DX12, people were suggesting this to eachother on codemasters forums

also it seems there are 2019 version of F2 cars on the way for F1 2019:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The replay option is completely hosed in time trial mode. The keyboard keys don't cause anything to happen whatsoever. I have a Clubsport F1 2018 wheel and the only way to get the replay menu to work is to press buttons on the wheel that have been assigned to other things. You can't remap them in the preferences tab.

I am beginning to think that this is the last F1 game for me. I am glad I got this one for free. Last year it was horrible frame rates and no dual graphics card support for 10 days. Everything in the world seems to point to consumers being the beta testers.

After the 1.04 patch the game crash with black screen at the very start if you use any mod...like Ferrari mission win now livery or tyres mod…if check the files via steam then the game runs normal...so it looks like mods that were good for 1.03 are no more suitable for 1.04...

The Stuttering/Lags are frustrating. I slammed into the Wall of Champions in Canada because of a huge Lag (~0.5 s) in Singleplayer. My Specs are over the recommended ones and i have no problems at all with other Racesims.

The Stuttering/Lags are frustrating. I slammed into the Wall of Champions in Canada because of a huge Lag (~0.5 s) in Singleplayer. My Specs are over the recommended ones and i have no problems at all with other Racesims.
Yeah those massive ones, i had too much of them on F1 2018 as well, may be even on 2017 if i remember correctly:( for me the only way to make them a little weaker or less frequent was to play on 60 fps (instead of my usual fixed 105FPS) but i couldn't bear that and kept loosing my braking points...

Does anybody can confirm (sorry but I don't seems to remember anything like that in F1 2018) that mods like realistic sponsor on track, liveries etc need to be updated following the new patch? Coz if I try to use any simple mod (meaning textures changing ones), game crashes as in the above video...

Id love to be able to get rid of all the F1 2019 banners around tracks !

There are already all the new sponsor banner mods for all the tracks F1 already raced in 2019...they worked just great and make it everything more real...as the Ferrari Mission Win Now livery and race suit or better tyres texures...it was just perfect with patch 1.03...now with the 1.04 mods need to be updated or game crashes...sad.

Did you disabled the Steam Overlay for Dx11 ? I had exactly the same problem whats showing on your video. It solved it for me. After that were the Lag/Stuttering/FPS-Drops my (still unsolved) issue. Let us hope a patch fix our issues.
Can't remember but I'll thnx...fact is...why after verify local file (and so Steam redownload and overwrites modded files like textures) the game works fine, and just adding one mod the game crash? It's strange to relate this with overlay but I'll try mate, thnx! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%