F1 2019 F1 2019: Build 1.04 Released

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Updated 3.jpg

A new update for Codemasters F1 2019 has been deployed.

The new Formula One game from Codemasters has received the update treatment recently, moving to version 1.04 and seeing a small number of stability fixes deployed to the surprisingly impressive new game.

F1 2019: Check out our review article HERE.

Released a full two months earlier than has become the tradition for the officially licenced game, F1 2019 has nevertheless come with a few issues for a certain portion of the player base, mostly around stability and performance under certain circumstances.

F1 2019: First Impressions gameplay video HERE.

Keen to address these issues quickly, Codemasters have dropped a new update that although small in size, does contain what is hoped to be effective fixes for some of these stability issues.

F1 2019 Build 1.04 Update Notes:
  • Fixed a crash seen with an Nvidia 970 graphics card running the DX12 executable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate to be lower than expected during game play after viewing multiple eras in the Showroom
  • Numerous other stability fixes
See, told you it wasn't a massive change log!

Although without doubt a useful update, Codemasters have confirmed they are continuing to actively look for bugs and issues with the game, so expect further updates in the coming weeks.

F1 2019 Updated 2.jpg
F1 2019 Updated.jpg

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Same here....i've read all these same comments since 2017 about how bad these game stutter can't get this and that to work blah blah blah.....the only problem i had this year was when i installed it a normal HDD and i had a long pause in between scenes, reinstalled it SSD and the pause went away....and like you said i run everything on ultra 4k res and it runs smooth as hell
I don't have any stutter. I5 cpu, 16 MB RAM,Nvidia GTX 1050

The stutters have nothing to do with your GPU or even your settings. It's simply down to poor optimization for the DX11 version, which is further compounded by the use of the literal cancer that is Denuvo. A better CPU will help, but in my experience switching to DX12 helps far more. I haven't had a single stutter in the DX12 version so far, and as soon as I switched back to the DX11 version to test out a few things (crashes, photo mode bugs and so on) the stutters came back with a vengeance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back