F1 2019 F1 2019: Build 1.04 Released

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 Updated 3.jpg

A new update for Codemasters F1 2019 has been deployed.

The new Formula One game from Codemasters has received the update treatment recently, moving to version 1.04 and seeing a small number of stability fixes deployed to the surprisingly impressive new game.

F1 2019: Check out our review article HERE.

Released a full two months earlier than has become the tradition for the officially licenced game, F1 2019 has nevertheless come with a few issues for a certain portion of the player base, mostly around stability and performance under certain circumstances.

F1 2019: First Impressions gameplay video HERE.

Keen to address these issues quickly, Codemasters have dropped a new update that although small in size, does contain what is hoped to be effective fixes for some of these stability issues.

F1 2019 Build 1.04 Update Notes:
  • Fixed a crash seen with an Nvidia 970 graphics card running the DX12 executable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause frame rate to be lower than expected during game play after viewing multiple eras in the Showroom
  • Numerous other stability fixes
See, told you it wasn't a massive change log!

Although without doubt a useful update, Codemasters have confirmed they are continuing to actively look for bugs and issues with the game, so expect further updates in the coming weeks.

F1 2019 Updated 2.jpg
F1 2019 Updated.jpg

F1 2019 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

For the latest F1 2019 news, head over to the F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to chat about the game, engage with your fellow F1 fans and even browse our growing F1 2019 modding forum.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Doing a last to first season with Leclerc until they fix the copy-paste-from-2018 performances. Was battling Russell for P8 last night lol, and Vettel won by 50 seconds.
I am holding off from the career hoping for some fixes. R&D looks far too powerful again, performance of certain teams needs fixing and hopefully driver swaps will have the option to be disabled.

I am enjoying doing the some of the solo championships though, that should keep me going for quite some time.

I am holding off from the career hoping for some fixes. R&D looks far too powerful again, performance of certain teams needs fixing and hopefully driver swaps will have the option to be disabled.

I am enjoying doing the some of the solo championships though, that should keep me going for quite some time.

That's exactly what I am doing, enjoying the heck out of F2 in Championship mode. I was never a big career mode guy, but this year I am doing my own version of career mode in championship mode.
I am using Lando Norris in F2 in championship mode and when I am done I will run a F1 season with him in championship mode.

Exactly, we are in the same boat :D
also there is another problem that i didn't notice that much before, i thought maybe i have a fish-memory[:D] or hallucinating but now i'm seeing people actually having this issue,something like this.
i can't remember when was the last time i saw a safety car after big crashes or pileups,cars just disappearing and there will be no safety car for it. (someone on that thread said triggering the SC may depends on your position/distance to that crash, somehow i think it's the case), and it's not only F1 2019 that i'm talking about, even at the final months of F1 2018, in F1 2018 there was a bug that could triggering random SC or VSC after you load a saved game or using flashback or just random without any reason, then they said it's fixed, yeah it was fixed, but i didn't see any SC on my career after that, only some VSC and a completely random safety car at monaco. now it's almost the same on F1 2019

Exactly, we are in the same boat :D
also there is another problem that i didn't notice that much before, i thought maybe i have a fish-memory[:D] or hallucinating but now i'm seeing people actually having this issue,something like this.
i can't remember when was the last time i saw a safety car after big crashes or pileups,cars just disappearing and there will be no safety car for it. (someone on that thread said triggering the SC may depends on your position/distance to that crash, somehow i think it's the case), and it's not only F1 2019 that i'm talking about, even at the final months of F1 2018, in F1 2018 there was a bug that could triggering random SC or VSC after you load a saved game or using flashback or just random without any reason, then they said it's fixed, yeah it was fixed, but i didn't see any SC on my career after that, only some VSC and a completely random safety car at monaco. now it's almost the same on F1 2019

What is mythical safety car of which you speak? I have heard rumours of it's existence but have yet to discover it, and a twitter rumour doing the rounds is Bernd Maylander has been abducted by aliens from the planet Codies .

Was thinking on buying this but sounds bad with stutter. Out of curiosity what kind of CPU, GPU and storage device do you have with stutter?
I don't get any stutter @1440p 130 fps + on ultra settings (single screen) i7 8700K, 1080ti, 16GB Ram running off SSD. Runs buttery smooth rain or shine.

Last edited:
I don't get any stutter 130 fps + on ultra settings (single screen) i7 8700K, 1080ti, 16GB Ram running off SSD. Runs buttery smooth rain or shine.

Same here....i've read all these same comments since 2017 about how bad these game stutter can't get this and that to work blah blah blah.....the only problem i had this year was when i installed it a normal HDD and i had a long pause in between scenes, reinstalled it SSD and the pause went away....and like you said i run everything on ultra 4k res and it runs smooth as hell

Firstly. I am really enjoying it especially the F2. Like others I am leaving career until completed a F2 championship. However, I am getting stuttering. Not all the time but can be every 2 - 3 laps in a race. I was also getting the stutter in time trial mode when crossing finishing line. Had the same with F1 2018 yet managed to remove it with via frame rate limit in Steam launcher plus putting audio to low. Tried rolling back driver to previous one which I thought had worked but didn't. Anyone with any suggestions to try?

Firstly. I am really enjoying it especially the F2. Like others I am leaving career until completed a F2 championship. However, I am getting stuttering. Not all the time but can be every 2 - 3 laps in a race. I was also getting the stutter in time trial mode when crossing finishing line. Had the same with F1 2018 yet managed to remove it with via frame rate limit in Steam launcher plus putting audio to low. Tried rolling back driver to previous one which I thought had worked but didn't. Anyone with any suggestions to try?

Hi Kevin

Whats your specs & settings for F1 2019. I will cross reference with mine if you want.

Hi Kevin

Whats your specs & settings for F1 2019. I will cross reference with mine if you want.
Have a GTX980ti i7 3.60ghz 16GB RAM on Triple Screens Res at 6059. All 8 Cores on CPU enabled.

FPS limited to 63 in Steam Launcher with only Streaming Textures in game on Ultra all other settings mix low Med & High. Vsync is off in game with Nvidia Control Panel set to Fast vsync. I can usually get it sorted but struggling on this version. Just experimenting with Steam in offline mode in case game is doing some network comms in the background.

Only 2 consecutive lap on Rich fuel (at Albert park) and your car will be like Merc at Austria, overheating engine, wearing the engine and instantly loosing power while it seems the AI cars are always on rich without any issue! i know there is some upgrades for it to be able to use "rich" longer without overheating, but why renault and other teams don't have this issue? :D

Have a GTX980ti i7 3.60ghz 16GB RAM on Triple Screens Res at 6059. All 8 Cores on CPU enabled.

FPS limited to 63 in Steam Launcher with only Streaming Textures in game on Ultra all other settings mix low Med & High. Vsync is off in game with Nvidia Control Panel set to Fast vsync. I can usually get it sorted but struggling on this version. Just experimenting with Steam in offline mode in case game is doing some network comms in the background.
GTX980 is getting old for modern games in triple screen. Not strange that you get stutter, What CPU do you have? I had AMD FX8350 8core 4,1ghz and GTX980. AC worked and AMS worked but rF2 needed a lot more juice. Got i7-8700K and RTX2070 + M.2 SSD's and finally rF2 run max on triple 1080p. Also very few games utilize several cores sadly.

GTX980 is getting old for modern games in triple screen. Not strange that you get stutter, What CPU do you have? I had AMD FX8350 8core 4,1ghz and GTX980. AC worked and AMS worked but rF2 needed a lot more juice. Got i7-8700K and RTX2070 + M.2 SSD's and finally rF2 run max on triple 1080p. Also very few games utilize several cores sadly.

I think thats the problem everyone is having, thinking that they should be able to run it at maximum just because they have a pc that meets the requirements....but actually fall short of the recommended requirements

I think thats the problem everyone is having, thinking that they should be able to run it at maximum just because they have a pc that meets the requirements....but actually fall short of the recommended requirements
I am aware limitations of my 980 ti so I do not max out the settings in any game using triple screens. I don't have stutter in say Dirt Rally 1 or 2. In F1 2019 I have settings like shadows, crowds, particles etc. set to low or med. What's interesting is I have now ran a couple of F2 races with Steam in offline mode and did not get any stuttering. Also, I was able to ramp up some graphic settings to ultra with loss of fps but no stutter. I need to experiment bit more when get the time to see if offline is the answer. By the way the ai put up a good race even for a 'slowby' like me.

I am aware limitations of my 980 ti so I do not max out the settings in any game using triple screens. I don't have stutter in say Dirt Rally 1 or 2. In F1 2019 I have settings like shadows, crowds, particles etc. set to low or med. What's interesting is I have now ran a couple of F2 races with Steam in offline mode and did not get any stuttering. Also, I was able to ramp up some graphic settings to ultra with loss of fps but no stutter. I need to experiment bit more when get the time to see if offline is the answer. By the way the ai put up a good race even for a 'slowby' like me.

Sorry for the late reply, but it does sound like either a streaming from the hard drive/ssd or a network issue. Glad you have found a work around.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%