F1 2019 F1 2019 Adds Custom Liveries - Moves Up Launch Date

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed an earlier than expected release date for F1 2019, as well as customer liveries and their most "ambitious" Formula One game to date.

It would be fair to say that the Codemasters Formula One franchise has seen some significant improvements in recent years, with the 2018 effort from the British studio arguably representing their finest effort with the series to date. Benefiting from increased offline depth with new career mode and development features in recent years, Codemasters have confirmed they plan to take things a step further once again for the 2019 release.

Set to feature the long awaited ability to create custom liveries within the game, F1 2019 looks set to be the most customisable out of the box configuration that has been seen in the long running and hugely popular franchise.

F1 2019 Screenshot 1.jpg

“We are absolutely delighted to be able to release F1® 2019 earlier in the Formula 1® Season, so that the game can be played and enjoyed at the same time that the real-world championship picture is starting to form,
” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our close relationship with Formula 1® has played a major part in achieving this key objective for the franchise. That in addition to our near two-year development cycle, has allowed us to develop some exciting new features and other firsts for the franchise that we can’t wait to share with our community in the coming months.”

“The exciting collaboration with Ross Brawn and Pat Symonds has created new levels of player personalisation in F1® 2019 through the inclusion of the new regulation car,
” said Lee Mather, F1® 2019 Game Director at Codemasters. “With the continued growth of the F1® series, it’s great to give players more control and new levels of car and driver customisation and we can’t wait to talk more about this alongside the new multiplayer features in the coming months.”
F1 2019 Screenshot 2.jpg

Having been in development for almost two years now, F1 2019 could well be a very impressive piece of gaming software when it releases around Austrian Grand Prix time later this year.

F1 2019 is set to release on June 28th, 2019.

For all the latest news and discussions around F1 2019, check out the upcoming F1 2019 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm assuming they're including F2, which I absolutely LOVE. Don't want to push my luck but if they can get F3 in there and create an extended career mode where you climb up the feeder series, it'd be a dream come true.

However, we must not discard the possibility that F2 will be a paid DLC. Which will indeed be dissapointing, even if it's reasonably priced, because the game is already USD 60. But it wouldn't be the end of the world, since it's brand new content, unlike what Dirt Rally 2.0 is doing.

As usual, I'll be watching with a critical POV. Didn't get F1 2018 for reasons unrelated to game quality but played the free weekend and it was great. I have very high hopes for F1 2019, even with the pushed-forward release date.

Quick edit: Regarding some people asking for more sim and less arcade, don't think it's happening. The game has to appeal to non-hardcore people, and I personally think the current physics model is a very nice middle ground between sim and arcade. Without helps, the car isn't all that easy to push, although it doesn't match Kunos' 2017 Ferrari (to me the most accurate F1 car currently out there).

I'm assuming they're including F2, which I absolutely LOVE. Don't want to push my luck but if they can get F3 in there and create an extended career mode where you climb up the feeder series, it'd be a dream come true.

However, we must not discard the possibility that F2 will be a paid DLC. Which will indeed be dissapointing, even if it's reasonably priced, because the game is already USD 60. But it wouldn't be the end of the world, since it's brand new content, unlike what Dirt Rally 2.0 is doing..

I doubt F2 will be a DLC: a) it's in the video trailer, which suggests something that is a part of the game at launch ; b) the F1 series never had DLC, I don't see why it should start now.

I'm guessing F3 could be in F1 2020... Now, if THAT is a DLC, I'll gladly pick it up! :)

All I want to hear is MORE SIMULATION and less arcade, PLEASE!
It's simulation enough if you race properly. Cockpit view only, no flashbacks, no aids, full damage and no restarting a race just because you had a bad start. Try doing a full season using realistic options and realistic AI pace using the above rules. That's enough F1 simulation for me. :thumbsup:

So current information (car/driver customization, F2) confirms the leaks me and a few other people have done on F1 2018 earlier game versions where a lot of information regarding all that could be found... Also I found out that with Pre-Orders you will get F10 and MP4-25 "Classic" cars.
Nevertheless, I'm cautiously optimistic - if all leaks which have been found get confirmed, then it might be one of the best racing games (of course, not a SIMULATOR since driving physics sometimes could be better, but rather a SIMULATION - simulating a racing weekend and various internal mechanics like limited tyre sets, ERS, part wear etc...)

It's simulation enough if you race properly. Cockpit view only, no flashbacks, no aids, full damage and no restarting a race just because you had a bad start. Try doing a full season using realistic options and realistic AI pace using the above rules. That's enough F1 simulation for me. :thumbsup:
I don‘t need to try a season, just a couple of rounds with F1 2018 and I knew immediately that this has got nothing to do with a simulation. Try perhaps the Ferrari SF70H in Assetto Corsa or another F1 car in rFactor2, than you will know what I mean and please don‘t tell me anything about flashbacks!

Last edited:
I don‘t need to try a season, just a couple of rounds with F1 2018 and I knew immediately that this has got nothing to do with a simulation. Try perhaps the Ferrari SF70H in Assetto Corsa or another F1 car in rFactor2, than you know what I mean and please don‘t tell me anything about flashbacks!

Been there, done that, got the T shirt pal. Been sim racing since early 90's. Got them all.

In fact the F1 series by Codemasters is the only true F1 simulator. You tell me in what way it is not a simulator? Remember AC and RF2 are still little computer games. So tell me in what way F1 is not a simulator? It simulates racing a F1 car on all the official tracks. It simulates changing weather, it simulates full and proper pitstops and race strategy. It simulates the full practice and qualification and build up. What part of all that is not simulating F1?
Right now you will try and persuade me that AC and RF2 do the same. They don't. Yes they might have better physics and FFB but besides that, what else do they do for me, an offline F1 sim racer?

Been there, done that, got the T shirt pal. Been sim racing since early 90's. Got them all.

In fact the F1 series by Codemasters is the only true F1 simulator. You tell me in what way it is not a simulator? Remember AC and RF2 are still little computer games. So tell me in what way F1 is not a simulator? It simulates racing a F1 car on all the official tracks. It simulates changing weather, it simulates full and proper pitstops and race strategy. It simulates the full practice and qualification and build up. What part of all that is not simulating F1?
Right now you will try and persuade me that AC and RF2 do the same. They don't. Yes they might have better physics and FFB but besides that, what else do they do for me, an offline F1 sim racer?

The main drawback of the Ferrari F1 cars in Assetto Corsa is that there's no one to race against offline. It's nice for hotlaps, that's it.

Of course I can tell you which part of all that is not simulating F1:
the feeling behind the wheel, when you are driving!
What‘s the use of „all that“ when the most important thing is crap?
Are you playing it with a gamepad or what?

For sure I have not told you that AC and rF2 are doing the same.
And now please tell me what the size of a game or company has to do with whether it is good or not?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%