F1 2018 Work-In-Progress Thread

Wait what?
lol.jpg

yeah that's been a known thing since 2017, we were going to utilize it for 2005 mod but didn't have the time (about 8 liveries did get done). It has a lot of bugs though
Yeah, fact is that is super fun, the cars are op as ****, you can do 1:17:000 in Monza like if it is nothing, I just tried doing that with the f2004, if I have some spare time after the F2 mod I will work on this 2004 mod

Yeah, fact is that is super fun, the cars are op as ****, you can do 1:17:000 in Monza like if it is nothing, I just tried doing that with the f2004, if I have some spare time after the F2 mod I will work on this 2004 mod
you can swap the tyre models to be the classic ones with idf files as well which helps make the cars look better. There's still some bugs like cameras and effects but could be worse

Can anyone explain why are the logos so blurry, mainly on the nose ?
and also difference with decal_da or_s
and paint_c _d _s
1t0d0q1.png

lx9UVvb.png
_s ones are all about the finish of the cars, such as chrome, metallic, glossy, matte etc. _c is a bit weird for paints, from what I determined in 2017 the way it works is that certain parts are taken from that with certain _s colours but it's weird. Essentially the _s file determines what part of _c is used but not sure really.

Your issue with the nose just looks like the _s file's edges apply a bit there

_s ones are all about the finish of the cars, such as chrome, metallic, glossy, matte etc. _c is a bit weird for paints, from what I determined in 2017 the way it works is that certain parts are taken from that with certain _s colours but it's weird. Essentially the _s file determines what part of _c is used but not sure really.

Your issue with the nose just looks like the _s file's edges apply a bit there

Thanks for that, i will try to see what i can do

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%