F1 2018 F1 2018 Updated: V1.05 Out Now on PC - Console to Follow

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Formula One 2018 by Codemasters has received another update, bringing PC, Xbox One and PS4 consoles up to version 1.05 by the end of the week.

Released to PC today, with PS4 to follow on Tuesday (4/09) and Xbox One by the end of the week, the new update to F1 2018 has arrived, and with it comes a reasonably substantial list of improvements and fixes. Of particular note from the changelog released today, the new build focusses on some critical multiplayer issues that have cropped up since the game released last month. Addressing crash bugs and various online functionality issues, plus some useful tweaks and enhancements to the core game experience, the new build is certainly a nice step forward for what is a very impressive new title from Codemasters.

You can check out the full build notes for version 1.05 of F1 2018 below:

General
  • Interviews – Option included to turn off or extend the interview timer – you can find this option in Preferences -> Gameplay Settings -> Press Interview Time Limit.
  • Fixed an issue where race fuel load was insufficient to finish a race after using the race strategy practice program in a restarted practice session – NOTE: This fix will only apply after you go to the next Race Weekend. You may also have to complete a Race Strategy Practice Programme for it to take full effect.
  • PC – Fixed issues with Thrustmaster T300 wheel.
  • PC – Game now works with AMD Phenom CPU’s – (without the need to use the Beta workaround) NOTE: These CPUs are below minimum specifications to run the game and are therefore not technically supported, so you may still experience some performance issues.
  • Updated the Abu Dhabi tyre compound selections.
  • Fixed a crash when fast forwarding an instant replay.
  • Re-balanced Medium Traction Control Settings.
  • Fixed an issue where AI team mates could become stuck queuing in the pit lane.
  • Updated the Baku track map to include all DRS detection zones.
  • Improved game stability and various other fixes, including fixing the most common crashes on PC and PS4.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on the last corner of Shanghai.
  • PC – Fixed an issue where resolution changes cause partial black screens during cut-scenes.
Multiplayer
  • Fixed an issue where hosting a lobby after leaving a classic race resulted in some players being locked to soft tyre compounds
  • Fixed an issue where a dedicated spectator who is a client can get de-synced information for pit lane status in the position list
  • Fixed a crash when spectating qualifying sessions
  • Improved game stability and various other fixes

F1 2018 is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2018.jpg

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

What do you think of the current state of F1 2018? Let us know in the comments section below!

Jesus, now medium TC feels like off, and full (still) feels like driving my Ford Fiesta out of corners. I'll really have to practice

(Pad pleb here, I have medium tc and automatic gearbox, you steering wheel users won't even notice it probably)

yep, really really sad about the Medium TC. IT was perfect for me, challenging enough, i coulndt go flat out out of the corners and i had to be careful on most curbs to prevent spin but it was ok and the racing with it was great. No it feels like medium is TC OFF. I had to bumb it up to full TC and since with full TC you are slower i will need to lower the difficulty from 101 down to something to balance the changes. Really really sad about this patch. Not everyone has the skill to drive without TC and the medium settings was perfect

Guys, I used to play with medium traction, but tried it off. At first it was a bit difficult, but now Oh god it feels so good without it and the funny thing is that driving with no TC is so easy. The most important thing is to adjust your finger pressure, i.e. you need to try to push your finger so it makes 50% of throttle and you be fine. So train your right finger)

I saw a lot of topics about medium TC being OP , i don't know if they were right or just paranoid because of the leader boards...
for me the biggest issue is still inconsistency of the AI, in career with williams at 103 difficulty, in the first season , i was battling for being in Q2 every qualy until monaco , at monaco i had to change it to 104 because i was in Q1 with the worst aero and chasis! and in Canadian GP with 104 difficulty , my qualy practices on Hypersoft were about 1:09:500 and my final qualy time was 1:09:141 , guess what it was 2 tenth higher than pole position :O_o: so i had to restart the qualy and do it with harder tyre to to get a higher time, on ultra soft i ended up with 1:10:111 , P11 , starting the race and i won the GP with a extra pitstop for fs

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years