F1 2018 F1 2018 Updated: Patch 1.13 Now Live

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Update 1.13.jpg

Codemasters have deployed a new update to Steam PC versions of Formula One 2018, with PS4 and Xbox One set to follow in the coming days.

Another week brings with it another new patch for F1 2018 from Codemasters, the team behind this ninth instalment to the long running Formula One game franchise again looking to offer some improvements and fixes as they diligently work on maximising the potential of what is a very good racing title.

The new build, V1.13, has released initially for PC players via the Steam platform, with console gamers expected to receive the latest goodies within the next few days - a product of the unfortunately rather cumbersome approval process employed by the two console gaming giants that are Microsoft and Sony.

Looking at the release notes for the latest build it doesn't appear as if anything earth shattering has been deployed to the software, the probable highlight of the latest release looks likely to be a fix for better Safety Car behaviour in both single and multiplayer gaming environments. Other notable changes from the new build include some fixes to track selection behaviour online and a nagging pitlane speeding bug that has been floating around since the title first launched.

Build 1.13 Release Notes:
  • Added option to disable tyre carcass temperature – the Tyre Temperature option can be found in Gameplay Settings and there are two choices: ‘Surface & Carcass (Simulation)’, which is the setting that 2018 has used up to this point, and the alternative ‘Surface Only’ option.
  • Fixed an issue where online stats would fail to update correctly. If your stats fail to update after this patch, please let us know in the Discussion thread, please be sure to include the platform you are on and which stats are not updating for you.
  • Improved times generated when a session is fast forwarded or Flying Lap / Return To Garage are used (i.e. time is skipped / accelerated). This will prevent times being generated that are around a second a lap too quick on the higher difficulty settings.
  • Increased frequency of safety car deployment for multiplayer.
  • Fixed issue where teams would value showmanship and sportsmanship incorrectly in contract negotiations.
  • Fixed an issue where the safety car could incorrectly come out after using a flashback.
  • Fixed an issue in online sessions where players would occasionally load into the incorrect track.
  • Fixed an issue where certain PCs would use the incorrect audio update rate.
  • Fixed an issue in the UDP telemetry output where the PlayerIndex value would change to the incorrect player when entering spectator mode.
  • Fixed a bug that meant players could be given a speeding in the pit lane penalty even if they were below the speed limit and had the limiter on when they crossed the limiter line.
  • Fixed a bug that meant the AI would sometimes not go out to do a second hot lap in Qualifying.
  • Safety car improvements when picking up the lead car when they are close to backmarkers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused AI cars to be teleported back to the pit lane when loading a mid session save created in the garage while the player is in the garage. This could cause the AI to set very short sector times.

Not got the game yet? Why not check out our early review of the title below, and see if that can help sway your decision!

F1 2018 is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new patch yet? Do you like the improvements brought to the game by Codemasters? Let us know your thoughts below!

Last edited:
Have you tried the new patch yet? Do you like the improvements brought to the game by Codemasters?
Will try the patch when I get home from work....after watching RD's and a few other reviews I decided to purchase, and I am glad I did, liking it a lot...especially the Cockpit Camera adjustments you can do as Codemasters have done a fantastic job in this area....and also once I set up my TS XW Racer in the FFB setting I am personally really liking this F1 Simulation.:D

When are they going to add something as simple and common as actually being able to use a mouse to navigate in game, I might buy it then.
I agree, mouse support would be nice to have. But it doesn't stop any enjoyment of this brilliant F1 simulator by not having it. I don't think they will introduce it so with that in mind, you are missing out on a great sim of F1. As a die hard F1 fan, I love the game, Loved all of em to be honest. But this is the best so far. Your loss.

After this patch the game just continuously stutters now whilst on track.
I can get my fps over 60 but the image just stutters ever so slightly, thought it was "camera shake" and "movement" but I put those at 0 and it's still there. Can't confirm it's not just my setup as I just upgraded my TV but I'm definitely experiencing this.

Setup:
RX570 8GB, i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB, Vizio 55" P Series 4K @ 60hz, 1080p @ 120Hz, 16GB Memory

Last edited:
I can get my fps over 60 but the image just stutters ever so slightly, thought it was "camera shake" and "movement" but I put those at 0 and it's still there. Can't confirm it's not just my setup as I just upgraded my TV but I'm definitely experiencing this.
I have those symptoms as well for my PC...and also thought it was the "camera shake" and "movement", but it is still there when set them to zero like you.
Setup:
Win 7 pro, i7 3770k - 3.50GHz, 16 GB 1333 DDR3, GTX690, Triple Screen set up 5760x1080@60hz

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%