F1 2018 F1 2018 'Steelbook' Edition Announced

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Steelbook Edition 2.jpg

Fans of a physical game copy rejoice - Codemasters have today given us a first glimpse of the latest 'Steelbook' edition of the next F1 game...

F1 2018 Steelbook Edition.jpg

Set to be the fourth edition in a new series of steelbook releases, joining the previously released version for the 2015, 16 and 2017 editions of the official Formula One game franchise, this new for 2018 release looks set to be made available in various region specific designs, with driver changes on the front cover depending on the country of origin the game looks to be made available to purchase.

No doubt the privilege of having your game wrapped in a metal box comes at a premium price, and sadly that's not improved any by additional content... so you get a fancy box, which is nice for some I suppose....

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Does a Steelbook release appeal to you? Will you be picking this up or staying with a digital version (or passing it completely)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
To be fair, the steelbook version of the game is sold in the UK via GAME, and costs £39.99. It's the same price most places without the steelbook. If you get it via steam, so just a download, it's £44.99. So no premium pricing, if anything it's better to get the steelbook version.

I'd like to see a collectors edition like this:

• Steelbook
  • 1:32 high detail resin model of the car each of the drivers race on the cover (user choice)
  • A code to enter to win a F1 Race Package to the nearest track where you live

collector edition2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see a collectors edition like this:

• Steelbook
  • 1:32 high detail resin model the car each of the drivers race on the cover (user choice)
  • A code to enter to win a F1 Race Package to the nearest track where you live

Much better than what their over-payed marketing team came up with. However, think the halo is a clear downgrade in visual experience in any F1 game, so a model car should be included for every copy sold, funded by the F1 commission as an apology to the fans of the game series.

When I was young, every game was sold in a beautifully made big box, generally with a huge manual in it. Even when the game was crap, at least the presentation of the packaging was good. And with those crap games, now 15 years later it's the big box that gives them value.

Now we are lucky to generally pay more to have a DVD sized (I guess) box.

Can't help but notice that, strangely, one widely popular driver of today's F1 is missing. Guess who.
yep, Kimi :alien:

I doubt there will be a 1:28 car with every copy, how about 1:8 HALO instead ? :D
I can only imagine how amazing would that look on my (trophy) wall. :inlove:

law-order-hunters-stuffed_heads-mounted-hunts-hunters-pknn932_low.jpg

:D

Lewis's hair is pretty awkward, but Ricciardo should be ashamed of himself - it looks like he had his mom do it and she botched the job.

Seb had an interesting cut early in the season. Apparently, he does his own financial deals...an F1 podcast I listen to speculated that perhaps he does his own haircut too!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%