F1 2018 (Part One)

F1 2018 (Part One) V1.53

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi All,

Playsport are not a very user friendly company when it comes to patches. When they patch the game they don't just edit files or updated them, they move content around within the file and for mods which are not based on Steam, this just requires a lot of work. The image atlases got completely changed and to be honest, yes I could do it, but I really don't have the time to redo all the image atlases.

My advice to people at the moment is to use the Custom Mod as 90% of the Text Asset files + Tyre texture files in that mod can be transferred and would still work with 1.41 and 1.42, (just not the Main Texture files)

Hi All,

Playsport are not a very user friendly company when it comes to patches. When they patch the game they don't just edit files or updated them, they move content around within the file and for mods which are not based on Steam, this just requires a lot of work. The image atlases got completely changed and to be honest, yes I could do it, but I really don't have the time to redo all the image atlases.

My advice to people at the moment is to use the Custom Mod as 90% of the Text Asset files + Tyre texture files in that mod can be transferred and would still work with 1.41 and 1.42, (just not the Main Texture files)
The game is ****, don't bother mate.

Hello guys, I've installed the mod, the game runs fine to the main menu, when I click new career I can select the money currency, if I want or not the tutorial (I always select no) then I clic next and instantly the game closes... is this for some specific version? I also add that I have the non original version (please dont judge, in my country its very...very hard to get access to $ and online payments are prohibited, its the only way to play some games, I always use only free to play games but got really hooked with this game :/ ), if the non original version is the issue then no worries and will only play vanilla, thanks in advance

Hi guys, ive installed this mod and when i try start the game up the screen just stays black, my mouse cursor is still visible but the screen just stays black.

any ideas as to why?

OK. I've played through the first 8 races, just finished the French GP.

Some very minor issues with display of results at the end of the race in positions gained and lost by each driver in the race, but not a big issue because it corrects itself after parc ferme inspections are completed.

The fuel in the car seems to randomly spike during the race mostly towards the end of the race, but this is not such a big issue for me.

The thing I noticed which might need fixing is the FIA voting by the player. I've only been through one vote so far to change track next year from Baku to Adelaide, and I'm sure I chose to vote against it, but the game submitted my vote as abstain. I will need to double check if the game does the same at the next vote because it might have only been happening with that first vote, and maybe not others. I will let you know after the next vote if that is still a problem.

Otherwise it's a great mod. Very playable and very enjoyable. No real bugs found apart from what I mentioned.

OK. I've played through the first 8 races, just finished the French GP.

Some very minor issues with display of results at the end of the race in positions gained and lost by each driver in the race, but not a big issue because it corrects itself after parc ferme inspections are completed.

This I'm sure I've seen in the bug report forum on steam. I'm pretty confident it's a base game bug.

The fuel in the car seems to randomly spike during the race mostly towards the end of the race, but this is not such a big issue for me.

I've not noticed anything on my current play through, my fuel burn rate seems pretty stable. Could be just down to the race length, your menu settings, hybrid mode or just getting lapped. I've not changed anything concerning the fuel, but I'll watch my next few races.

The thing I noticed which might need fixing is the FIA voting by the player. I've only been through one vote so far to change track next year from Baku to Adelaide, and I'm sure I chose to vote against it, but the game submitted my vote as abstain. I will need to double check if the game does the same at the next vote because it might have only been happening with that first vote, and maybe not others. I will let you know after the next vote if that is still a problem.

Again nothing I've changed and in my last two votes I got the votes I clicked. I lost a vote that saw Austria kicked off the calendar :(

Otherwise it's a great mod. Very playable and very enjoyable. No real bugs found apart from what I mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it :thumbsup: I'm on a full test play through with McLaren and haven't found anything yet, other than one or two logos I would like to polish.

If I find anything game breaking I'll definitely upload any necessary fixes okay :thumbsup:

Thanks Louka.

I've also been been managing McLaren and I named my player Eric Boullier:D

Yes, the fuel spikes could be because of hybrid mode. I've never seen that in the game before so that's why I might have been confused. Is hybrid mode when you see that fuel charging symbol next to the driver name in the race? It's not due to being overtaken as none of my drivers have finished a race a lap down. I prefer to do short length races because I have little time to play so short races with realistic pit options for AI.

I'll let you know how the next vote goes. If it still shows that I abstained if I vote for or against. Even if I voted against at the last vote it wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome so I wasn't too worried about it. But if it happens that it can impact the outcome I wouldn't have been very happy.

UPDATE: The voting by player is now working for me. I just used two votes to go against the introduction of refuelling in F1 and it counted both my votes against. It was important, as the vote against won 5 to 4 so my extra vote made the big difference. Very happy..:)

Last edited:
Thanks Louka.

I've also been been managing McLaren and I named my player Eric Boullier:D

Yes, the fuel spikes could be because of hybrid mode. I've never seen that in the game before so that's why I might have been confused. Is hybrid mode when you see that fuel charging symbol next to the driver name in the race? It's not due to being overtaken as none of my drivers have finished a race a lap down. I prefer to do short length races because I have little time to play so short races with realistic pit options for AI.

I'll let you know how the next vote goes. If it still shows that I abstained if I vote for or against. Even if I voted against at the last vote it wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome so I wasn't too worried about it. But if it happens that it can impact the outcome I wouldn't have been very happy.

UPDATE: The voting by player is now working for me. I just used two votes to go against the introduction of refuelling in F1 and it counted both my votes against. It was important, as the vote against won 5 to 4 so my extra vote made the big difference. Very happy..:)

Super! Glad you got it all sorted :thumbsup:

Yes, that little orange plug next to the driver's name indicates that the driver is in hybrid mode.

F2 has too many teams using red colour in the UI; Any downsides when enabling back season promotions?; Some F1 teams have wrong location, not matching text w/ flag in the description. Thank you for your great work :)

F2 has too many teams using red colour in the UI
3 teams out of 10 to be exact ;) (and yes I agree with you)
Go to ..."\MM_Data\Modding\Databases\Team Colours" and you can simply change any of the colours you want :thumbsup:

Any downsides when enabling back season promotions?

None that I know of :whistling:

Some F1 teams have wrong location, not matching text w/ flag in the description.

In the database there are two things for a team; a) The nationality of the team and b) the location of its headquarters. In the description screen where you can choose your team; you are seeing both those pieces of date. So for Mercedes you will see a German flag next to the words United Kingdom i.e. German team based in the UK.

When you go to team standings screen you will see Mercedes correctly flagged as German and when you go to their headquarters page you will see it correctly flagged as the UK.

I just checked it and its all good and intentional and not an error. You'll see the same for that Austrian fizzy drinks team based in the UK as well. :coffee:

Thanks for the comment though :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back