• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

Resource icon

Misc F1 2018 OP Car 1.0

KeisariKine

1000RPM
Jul 5, 2015
KeisariKine submitted a new resource:

F1 2018 OP Car - Go as fast as possible, set lap times near 30 seconds!

Some may remember the F1 2016 mod where I essentially broke the game to make a car that could set a time below 1 minute on almost all tracks (Baku being the one exception to that). Well now it's back and better than ever!

For F1 2018 I managed to actually make the car have a reverse gear, be far more stable and not dependent on a glitch in 4th gear! Now you can drive it in 8th gear have it reach insane straight line speeds and corner with all the grip you could ever want!

I am hoping to...
Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Pgotchy07

StrongestFish

500RPM
Jul 5, 2017
You try negative drag? It's like hoover.
When i make Megaslipstream mod, bigger lift value and parameter <m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="-10" give over 494 km/h while slipstream before collision with car ahead(without any another changes). When I tried your mod, felt the drag that limits the car.
494.jpg
I experimented only with slipstream, but you may change all another drag lines .
My short video just for fun :D

Last edited:

KeisariKine

1000RPM
Jul 5, 2015
When i make "Wind of Nascar" mod, bigger lift value and parameter <m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="-10" give over 494 km/h while slipstream before collision with car ahead(without any another changes). When I tried your mod, felt the drag that limits the car.
View attachment 282754
I experimented only with slipstream, but you may change all another drag lines .
I'll definitely try some of that. So far I've put the drag to like 0.0000000000000001 or such but I'll try negative values next

KeisariKine

1000RPM
Jul 5, 2015
When i make "Wind of Nascar" mod, bigger lift value and parameter <m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="-10" give over 494 km/h while slipstream before collision with car ahead(without any another changes). When I tried your mod, felt the drag that limits the car.
View attachment 282754
I tried it and it made no improvement for the top speed, I think the game might be limiting the speed so that I can't make it any faster than that (maybe slight gear ratio changes could improve it)

Ho3n3r

5000RPM
Oct 20, 2010
I tried it and it made no improvement for the top speed, I think the game might be limiting the speed so that I can't make it any faster than that (maybe slight gear ratio changes could improve it)
Could still influence acceleration though.

KeisariKine

1000RPM
Jul 5, 2015
Could still influence acceleration though.
the acceleration is pretty much instant anyways, from what I tested it made no real difference. I feel like the game may be limiting what can be done but it might be possible to find a bit more top speed somewhere (but keeping the car stable is the issue). Technically I've hit 900km/h at one point on a file that was super glitchy and only hit that in a thing that was not driveable but that makes me believe you could go higher on top speed.

The only reason why I think the game is limiting it is that on F1 2016 I made a similar file and that got locked in at 490km/h so I think that's the in-game limit

StrongestFish

500RPM
Jul 5, 2017
How are you guys editing those values? I can't seem to even find the file to edit and its really frustrating lol
Go to F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\teams\(teamname)\wep\(teamname).erp, open in Ego ERP Archiver program, export xml file, edit and import back.
https://ryder25.com/modding/ego-engine/
(Note: mercedes xml in common.erp, not in mercedes.erp)
And then you can do all things like Aarava in fresh videos :)

StrongestFish

500RPM
Jul 5, 2017
Congratulations with your mod in Aarava video ! :)
But limits not exist.
Here my video with 1500km/h and screenshot with 13000 km/h.
I was use no one line from your mod.
F1 2018 13000.jpg