Resource icon

Misc F1 2018 New unchained AI part 1: Austria and car settings 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I haven't tried it. But you can try, and maybe it will have some effect.
Tested in a 25% grand prix mode by changing Blocking to "Random" and left everything else the same.
The results led to a few less retirements due to crashes but it did lead to a different race results each time I hit the reset.
Overall not bad if you want a little less chaotic race but still super fun and AI are still aggressive on the attack.

I will try and post a vid in the future to showcase.

Last edited:
Tested in a 25% grand prix mode by changing Blocking to "Random" and left everything else the same.
The results led to a few less retirements due to crashes but it did lead to a different race results each time I hit the reset.
Overall not bad if you want a little less chaotic race but still super fun and AI are still aggressive on the attack.

I will try and post a vid in the future to showcase.
Sounds interesting, good job :thumbsup:

Finally I got F1 2018 and looking forward to try this mod and to give you my feedback!

Do you recommend combining it with realistic damage and less dirty air mod or is this mod enough to have more fun?

Should I combine it with "ai brakes later" mod?

Last edited:
Hello Strongestfish! I absolutely love this mod combined with heavy lockups.

With realistic damage though it's too much, the AI cannot handle the damage ampunt with this kind of behaviour, in fact in Australia 25% race at level 100 in 10 laps I had already 11 retirements due to collisions. A lot of fun but I will revert it to heavy lockups but with no damage modifications, as this allows the ai to still make many mistakes and the race will still be unpredictable.

I will also try the modification suggested by a user, don't remember if here or in another discussion topic, to lower the ai lockup value from 50000 to 10000 and see what happens. I will let you know which one is the perfect combination!

Still now it feels like a new game to me and closer to online racing with real people. Huge work and effort, thank you Strongestfish!

Hello Strongestfish! I absolutely love this mod combined with heavy lockups.

With realistic damage though it's too much, the AI cannot handle the damage ampunt with this kind of behaviour, in fact in Australia 25% race at level 100 in 10 laps I had already 11 retirements due to collisions. A lot of fun but I will revert it to heavy lockups but with no damage modifications, as this allows the ai to still make many mistakes and the race will still be unpredictable.

I will also try the modification suggested by a user, don't remember if here or in another discussion topic, to lower the ai lockup value from 50000 to 10000 and see what happens. I will let you know which one is the perfect combination!

Still now it feels like a new game to me and closer to online racing with real people. Huge work and effort, thank you Strongestfish!
Thank you for super feedback :)

Ok, here is my final feedback!

I tried the following combinations:

Unchained AI + heavy lockups + realistic damage: realistic damage caused too may crashes.

Unchained AI + heavy lockups with damp value from 50000 to 10000 for the top 4 teams and 13000 for midfield and low teams + realistic damage: still too many crashes and almost no lockups compared to the original mod, so the "problem" is not the amount of lockups but the fact that this boosted and aggressive AI cannot handle this kind of damage.

So for me the best combination is the unchained ai with heavy lockups and default damage, because the free behaviour of the AI cannot stand the realistic level of damage (the problem is not the heavy lockups but the fact that now they can defend, change line and brake later and divebomb).

So as I can play with the realistic damage mod (and also dirty air and modified slipstreaming for more fights) in the other F1 titles and 2018 is the only version that features this super AI behavior mod by Strongestfish, the best combination is without realistic damage, as the unpredictable behavior can lead to crashes nonetheless thus making it more realistic and the fact that they can make more mistakes makes you enjoy races until the very last lap as anything can happen! Forget about the standard AI following the line like a train and prepare yourself for outstanding battles.

I got F1 2018 just to try this mod (don't worry, I paid only like 2 euro haha) and I am really happy, almost as having got a new game!

Last edited:
can someone pls help me in how to activate this mod after installing it. from the zip file
Open folder with mod, go to New unchained AI part 1 Austria and car settings\Austria\F1 2018 and copy "asset_groups" into main game folder where you installed it.
Same with car files - you jyst should open folder until you reach "asset_groups" and then copy.

Open folder with mod, go to New unchained AI part 1 Austria and car settings\Austria\F1 2018 and copy "asset_groups" into main game folder where you installed it.
Same with car files - you jyst should open folder until you reach "asset_groups" and then copy.
hey men got a question, if i have mod skins how can i make it manual? i saw that they use ego erp but i really dont understant how it works do u think u can help me?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back