F1 2018 F1 2018 - My two cents..

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
First of all I wanna say I love this game. I think it's really enjoyable, but apart the usual stuffs missing (i.e. Telemetry) there are a couple of things really annoying me.. Some (I rekon) are quite negligible but some really kills the immersion and sometimes ruin the gameplay itself.

Minor things I'd like to see in the future:

1 When it's raining there is no point to see the team still wearing short sleeves without umbrella. I don't think it would be difficult for Codies to change clothes for the teams in case of rain

2 When you go back to the pits and park, it would be nice to see the driver (you) takes off the hands from the wheel(like reality) while the team put the car back in the box, and not seeing them still holding the wheel like you got glue on it

3 Like F1 2014 I'd like to see from the driver POV when he walk in the box and jump in the car

4 Nice to see the interviews back, but for God sake, why if I'm out of the race because another driver push me off the track or hitted me, I've to say I had a problem with the engine or with downforce.. Let me blame that f***ed driver! That could be also interesting for set a new rivalry

Most important things:

1 Race are absolutely enjoyable, battles are close and funny, but what I really hate it's to see a driver that is very very slows (for no reasons coz usually your engineer tells you when other drivers are suffering an issues) and other i.a. Drivers can't overtake him...with the results that in a couple of laps you are able to close the gap and overtake abiut four or five cars at once. I could understand it in a track like Monaco, but not on Bahrain or Cina where there are long straights... So annoying!

2 About mechanical failures.. Great to see them randomly when you start a session and have to wait the mechanics to repairs it.. But why, why why why they can't happend when you are driving, except for drs problem..also here why the drs can just not openind and not like Eriksson today in Monza get stuck open and force you to retire (or fly off the track). And why like in F1 2017 always the top team and drivers retires due to mechanical failures..so irrealistic. I got Vettel and Hamilton retired in the first two races.. Come on! It woule be great to get a message from Alex or Jeff or Jesus that there is a loss of power and you have to go box to save the engine.

3 That stupid auto drive in the pit lane, why is it still there?? So annoying as well.

4 More punctures when cars pass on debris...

5 Can't believe a Titan X (Pascal) can't handle the game on replays and cut scenes...replays at 30 or even less Fps and even worst in interviews (13 FPS!!).. And please give us a mlre professional replay..not just a short one!

It would be nice to hear some words from Codies but... Well better get back racing! :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back