F1 2018 Modding Requests

Is it possible to add powerlines connecting the electrical towers? Hungaroring (pictured) and Suzuka especially are lacking this. I am happy to have a go at this mod if someone can point me in the right direction!

no lines hungary.jpg
lines hungary.jpg

Hey modders,
A simple request - but harder to execute. Ill copy paste the post to the steam forums:

BUT my friends and I, including esports leagues would LOVE a replay feature on a game, a dedicated host/BOT to be able to record the game from the TV angle. But also for the game itself to trigger replays from a variety of events:

OVERTAKING
CONTACT
FASTEST LAP
CRASHES
STARTS AND FINISHES.

The game could easily benefit from this, and the feature shouldent be too hard to code, save a log from an event - remember telemetry from that situation, and just recreate the scenario for a replay with the awesome TV angles you have created in the game already.

And of course a feature to record this and export or save directly to MP4 og MOV formats etc.

Would be great to have a working Delta app in Time Trial mode as at the moment Delta stops working altogether there - once you install some mods like skins etc. This makes modding useless as timetrial is a massive part of the game, a place where you can jut go and start working on a fast lap straight away.
An external Delta app, or a mod to fix the ingame Delta to continue working with mods would be fantastic.

Hello, I apologize for asking this, but I tried what I could, but unfortunately, I can not do it, so if a charitable soul and sympathetic could do this for me, I can only thank him , it would allow me to start (finally) a career.

I just wish (easy to say since I can not :-( ) change the number of this headset and put the number 22 and convert (for my personal use) for f1 2018.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/senna-tribute-helmet.856/

if the same thing could be done for this one please.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gta5.77817/

and that it has two different locations so I can put both in play, I would be delighted, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that someone can help me. Thank you so much.

Hi everyone, i'm looking how to skin my Sauber in F1 2018, how is it possible?
When i try to change sponsors, car colors are upside down.
Please help me ;)

we can not find the language files anywhere in the game files, so therefore we cannot edit them. It may be possible to still find them, or come up with a workaround (there's at least one potential way to do basic driver transfers (no new drivers added, but swap around existing ones), if we get the tools for it but I doubt it). For now though it's not possible.
How would that work?

How would that work?
essentially the game has a database, which is stored in gamevaluedata.erp, which Ryder25 did manage to extract for F1 2016, and in that 2016 extracted file you can find things such as references to language file values. So I suspect (not confirmed as I have no means to test it) you could then edit it and switch those language file references to change names around (so like say Leclerc in a Ferrari and Kimi in a Sauber) and have it work, it might even allow for adding drivers who were around before back in as Codies have previously left old language file values in, so like Kvyat could maybe be done.
But the problem is that even though it is possible to extract the values from the file we don't know if Ryder managed to also convert a modified version back into the format that the game needs for it, and we do not have those same tools available to try it ourselves.

A more promising and easily accessible way to do it would be Cheat Engine, which has been tried and does work for editing driver names but you need to redo it for every time you launch the game (there is likely a way around this via loading changes from a file) but it's a bit complex to do and still being experimented

essentially the game has a database, which is stored in gamevaluedata.erp, which Ryder25 did manage to extract for F1 2016, and in that 2016 extracted file you can find things such as references to language file values. So I suspect (not confirmed as I have no means to test it) you could then edit it and switch those language file references to change names around (so like say Leclerc in a Ferrari and Kimi in a Sauber) and have it work, it might even allow for adding drivers who were around before back in as Codies have previously left old language file values in, so like Kvyat could maybe be done.
But the problem is that even though it is possible to extract the values from the file we don't know if Ryder managed to also convert a modified version back into the format that the game needs for it, and we do not have those same tools available to try it ourselves.

A more promising and easily accessible way to do it would be Cheat Engine, which has been tried and does work for editing driver names but you need to redo it for every time you launch the game (there is likely a way around this via loading changes from a file) but it's a bit complex to do and still being experimented
Very interesting, yeah they do tend to leave lots of stuff
Just a thought but is there any way to view (maybe in memory or something) what values are being loaded by the game for each entry?

Last edited:
is it possible someone can redo a Williams Martini livery as all the current ones dont work or blur out with the current update? and what about the Chandon on the mclaren has it been tried since the newer updates? :)

I would LOVE if it was possible to make the blue markers on the track acclimation practice program darker.

I have just got to Azerbaijan, a track that I do not know, and I have found that the blue markers are pretty much invisible. I miss them, miss the turn, drive on the wrong side of the road, have no idea of the racing line and then last of all, crash.

I can't count how many times I have restarted the practice program and if it was possible to darken these markers it would be the most amazing QoL update possible to this game for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back