F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

This thread is for F1 2018 modding questions only.

If you have technical modding questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thank you!

Note: Current uploaded file size limit is 500 MB per file, anything larger will need to be split into multiple parts/uploads.
how can i add something to the rear wing of the ferrari without bugging it?

Hi guys,I'm quite new here and getting into f1 2018 after my last codemasters game was f1 2011.
Anyway I would like to change the numbers on magnussen car,watching a tutorial on YouTube I managed to download and use ERP and got to the point to extract magnussen racing number shown on the car and the number I want to change it with but I'm stuck now as gimp won't open these files because they are .TIF files while in f1 2017 were .DDS for what I understand.
Any help please?
Thanks in advance

Hi guys,I'm quite new here and getting into f1 2018 after my last codemasters game was f1 2011.
Anyway I would like to change the numbers on magnussen car,watching a tutorial on YouTube I managed to download and use ERP and got to the point to extract magnussen racing number shown on the car and the number I want to change it with but I'm stuck now as gimp won't open these files because they are .TIF files while in f1 2017 were .DDS for what I understand.
Any help please?
Thanks in advance
just import the number 1 in as the haas_driver_20 texture, no editing needed.
The files that EEA exports are still in DDS format, but it's sRGB formats which aren't editable in Gimp (as far as I'm aware). Photoshop with the Intel DDS plugin works though

The files that EEA exports are still in DDS format, but it's sRGB formats which aren't editable in Gimp (as far as I'm aware). Photoshop with the Intel DDS plugin works though

thanks a lot for your reply,if I understood well what you mean is to export the number 1 from haas,rename it number 20 and re import it with ERP even though the number 20 file has got the number plus the driver name?

thanks a lot for your reply,if I understood well what you mean is to export the number 1 from haas,rename it number 20 and re import it with ERP even though the number 20 file has got the number plus the driver name?
the driver name is a very small detail, if you can't edit the images it really doesn't matter much. No need for renaming it, just import the texture with EEA in the place of the driver_20

thanks,what if I want to keep the name though can that be done?
Even because with patch 1.06 now Haas got name and name abbreviation on halo too

Downshift sounds are still messed up in patch 1.06, which currently leaves me with no other option but to edit the 2018 cars' engine performance parameters to increase the rev range and adjust gear ratios accordingly in order to get around this problem with pitch-shifted engine BDLs.
This poses one problem that I had back in F1 2017 and still can't figure out in F1 2018: shift lights. I've currently got the rev range to where the rev limiter is around 16500RPM with upshifts around 14500-14700RPM, however the shift lights still activate as normal. How does one go about adjusting these to activate later up the rev range?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%